• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 772 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Because he isn't an anti-doping crusader. He's a paid member of Sky's publicity team. Maybe not on their payroll per se, but granted access as long as he serves their purposes.

Professional sport is business. Not sport.

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
MartinGT said:
At todays presentation the Dawg looked a bit fatter.

Never mind, that weight will soon come off :rolleyes:
I noticed that too, haven't seen him this fat in the off season in a long time, and The Cound Hound will give birth soon so that's another distraction.
Mr Cound will not win any race next year mark my words :eek:

:D :D

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

wendybnt said:
Because he isn't an anti-doping crusader. He's a paid member of Sky's publicity team. Maybe not on their payroll per se, but granted access as long as he serves their purposes.

Professional sport is business. Not sport.

but writes for Sunday Times a Murdoch paper no? So he is paid by the same master... so, you could make a case for him indeed being on the payroll.

anti-doping crusader is just a marketing arm of the charade that is professional sport.

Walsh lowered his strides before he lowered his colours and he let Rupert, then Wendi Deng, then Sir Dave, then Sir Brad, then Froome-dawg all take their slice of sloppy seconds and collecting reaming him.

but he took the moolah all the way to barclays, barclays bikes and bojo

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
The two TdF restdays are both outside France (ease of logistics) and both at altitude (biopass tests are discounted). Should make life a bit simpler for everyone. Rocket fuel next year. And no way do ASO let Froome take another one in a row. Gotta spread around the wealth.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Re:

djpbaltimore said:
The original tweet from Froome suggested that there would be more tests after the initial tests in August and the data would be released later this year.

how many tests do you need to show someone is cleans?

I don't think you need months to get the results back from a vo2max test.

It depends on how they intended to share the data. If the GSK lab wanted to publish the results in a peer reviewed journal, expecting it to be written, edited, and passed through peer review in ~ 2 months is not realistic. I don't know what they were planning on testing, nor due I think that any data can definitively pronounce a rider as clean. Of course, Froome's crash gives them an out to delay matters further if they even intended to release anything at all.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
What an absolute joke.

Giant Alpicin riders (among others) have routinely posted entire training and race data files via Pioneer Cyclo, and still others have done the same through SRM.de.

And yet here we cant seem to get data from the one team that drones on and on about how data driven they are?

Anyone that believes a word coming from Sky Pro Cycling is quite naive, in my opinion. The one- and only- reason to NOT publish the data is because it would be absurd. Nothing else is even in the same neighborhood as a reasonable excuse.

I am having a V02 max and power profile done next weekend, and Ill be happy to post the results. I always include my power, cadence, HR, etc, data to Training Peaks and Strava. If the guys I race against want to beat me, it is going to happen on the road, not in our .fit files.

Re:

djpbaltimore said:
Why is peer review so far fetched? Lance Armstrong was the subject of such a paper in 2005.

If SKY has such a poor reputation for openness, peer review would give them more credibility than if they release the data themselves.
Maybe you could post the link to that article. Or at least just give us the bullet points

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re:

djpbaltimore said:
Why is peer review so far fetched? Lance Armstrong was the subject of such a paper in 2005.

If SKY has such a poor reputation for openness, peer review would give them more credibility than if they release the data themselves.

When has Sky said that the delay is because of a peer reviewed study to be published about Froome?

And how did the Lance Armstrong based paper work out?

Sky has a poor reputation for openness because they are not in any way open, nor honest, with...anything.
Why not release data, just as Giant Alpicin has done? How about doing that in conjunction with the peer reviewed paper? (Which there is NO evidence for- aside from people guessing that this might be the reason why we havent seen ANYTHING from Sky)

Re:

Beech Mtn said:
The two TdF restdays are both outside France (ease of logistics) and both at altitude (biopass tests are discounted). Should make life a bit simpler for everyone. Rocket fuel next year. And no way do ASO let Froome take another one in a row. Gotta spread around the wealth.

Unless there's a joke in here that I am too dense to get, you might want to look where Bern actually is.

I don't understand what your critique is. I never suggested that this was the reason offered by SKY. We were never promised the data by October 21, 2015, so it is silly to criticize them for not sharing the data by now. I offered a couple potential reasons. Considering that Pinot has also had his numbers published in a peer review journal, I don't see why this would seem far-fetched. GSK lab may have just done it for the publicity, but scientists generally publish their results in peer-reviewed formats if given the opportunity. The Armstrong paper was never retracted FWIW.

I wish all teams were as open as Giant-alpecin, but they are clearly more of an outlier than the norm IMO.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

the sceptic said:
djpbaltimore said:
The original tweet from Froome suggested that there would be more tests after the initial tests in August and the data would be released later this year.

how many tests do you need to show someone is cleans?

I don't think you need months to get the results back from a vo2max test.

fallacy

cant prove the negative

veganrob said:
But Lance was also proven to be doped up making the study irrelevant.
Skyy will not release any data unless there was some way they could prove Froome to be clean. Which they can't. Show us the data pre Vuelta 2011 to compare.

I disagree. That is not how science works. The fact that he doped makes the conclusions of the paper largely irrelevant, not the study itself. Only falsification would make the study irrelevant. The paper would've been retracted if the editors had felt like you do.

As noted above, there is no real way to prove that someone is clean.

djpbaltimore said:
veganrob said:
But Lance was also proven to be doped up making the study irrelevant.
Skyy will not release any data unless there was some way they could prove Froome to be clean. Which they can't. Show us the data pre Vuelta 2011 to compare.

I disagree. That is not how science works. The fact that he doped makes the conclusions of the paper largely irrelevant, not the study itself. Only falsification would make the study irrelevant. The paper would've been retracted if the editors had felt like you do.

As noted above, there is no real way to prove that someone is clean.
You are correct, I meant the conclusions are flawed.

TRENDING THREADS