• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 962 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
miguelindurain111 said:
Benotti69 said:
Froome sets a new best time on Puig Llorenca. Another insane performance in Spain, Chris around 7 w/kg!

http://www.climbing-records.com/2017/08/froome-new-best-time-on-puig-llorenca.html

A circus.

Yeah, 7 secs faster than mountain goat Dumoulin in 2015 :lol:

Into a headwind and given he's done the TdF as well, but lets not get ahead of ourselves....... :rolleyes:

Many posts from you make me feel like you post rationally and logically, but then posts like this just make me realise you simply have an agenda against Froome and will try and shape anything into suspicion against him.

There was a headwind back in 2015, but they all started and stopped like a million times up the climb two years ago, compared to this year where Sky rode a steady pace all the way up.

7W/kg for 10 minutes is more than believable

Electress said:
jilbiker said:
Marco Pantani said:
Allowing this clown to keep winning on his motorbike is a complete farce, cycling is dead.

Indeed it is, at least to me. i cannot continue to watch or follow the sport at the pro level, at least not with the passion of before. Its really ridiculous. I thought about FloJo and her ridiculous records that stand till today and how she got away with it, one aspect of athletics that saddens me and then I thought about Froome and his getting away with it. Winning multiple GTs including 2 in a year is getting away with it. Its comparable to 7 TDFs by LA. An in your face move.

This is me. I am so weary of the whole charade. It's not enjoyable to watch on any level. The fact the UKAD investigation seems to have disappeared into the long grass along with the select committee...kind of looks like they'll all get away with it.

I can't help wondering just how much they want? Froome a level above GC leaders who don't have the Tour in their legs? Just how much more of the shoving our face in it do they want?

Valid.

Except the only real contender who didn't do the Tour is Nibali...

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

PremierAndrew said:
Benotti69 said:
miguelindurain111 said:
Benotti69 said:
Froome sets a new best time on Puig Llorenca. Another insane performance in Spain, Chris around 7 w/kg!

http://www.climbing-records.com/2017/08/froome-new-best-time-on-puig-llorenca.html

A circus.

Into a headwind and given he's done the TdF as well, but lets not get ahead of ourselves....... :rolleyes:

Many posts from you make me feel like you post rationally and logically, but then posts like this just make me realise you simply have an agenda against Froome and will try and shape anything into suspicion against him.

There was a headwind back in 2015, but they all started and stopped like a million times up the climb two years ago, compared to this year where Sky rode a steady pace all the way up.

On what do you base this is believable? The guy couldn't make the time cut in the Giro without cheating in 2009...

PremierAndrew said:
Electress said:
jilbiker said:
Marco Pantani said:
Allowing this clown to keep winning on his motorbike is a complete farce, cycling is dead.

Indeed it is, at least to me. i cannot continue to watch or follow the sport at the pro level, at least not with the passion of before. Its really ridiculous. I thought about FloJo and her ridiculous records that stand till today and how she got away with it, one aspect of athletics that saddens me and then I thought about Froome and his getting away with it. Winning multiple GTs including 2 in a year is getting away with it. Its comparable to 7 TDFs by LA. An in your face move.

This is me. I am so weary of the whole charade. It's not enjoyable to watch on any level. The fact the UKAD investigation seems to have disappeared into the long grass along with the select committee...kind of looks like they'll all get away with it.

I can't help wondering just how much they want? Froome a level above GC leaders who don't have the Tour in their legs? Just how much more of the shoving our face in it do they want?

Valid.

Except the only real contender who didn't do the Tour is Nibali...

There's really no point in debating any of it, is there? Just giving up on the sport altogether.

Electress said:
jilbiker said:
Marco Pantani said:

What a great sport it could have been, cycling. Pre-EPO, it was watchable. With the super PEDs and the long-standing joke of an oversight structure, it's just a bad joke, not really funny, more like irrelevant. I'm done with it.

I heard Chaves using the word "unbelievable" regarding Froomey immediately after today's stage.

I think we all know what that means in cycling code.

It was the same word Greg LeMond used to describe Armstrong's first TdF win and even Sean Kelly yesterday described the Sky man's high-cadence climbing style as "unbelievable."

Don't get me wrong though, I still enjoy watching the spectacle and am a Froome fan.

I just see whatever advantage anyone can take as part and parcel of competitive cycling.

Always has been, still is and always will be.

El Pistolero said:
PremierAndrew said:
Benotti69 said:
miguelindurain111 said:
Benotti69 said:

A circus.

On what do you base this is believable? The guy couldn't make the time cut in the Giro without cheating in 2009...

Dont worry I am sure Contador will 'come' good after all he was only 12s behind today :rolleyes:

May 26, 2010
Visit site

El Pistolero said:
PremierAndrew said:
Benotti69 said:
miguelindurain111 said:
Benotti69 said:

A circus.

Exactamundo. Dumoulin was not scraping the bottom of a WT team barrel then suddenly boom 2nd at LaVuelta that Froome should've won!!!!

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I like the show so far. I feel weird for not even thinking about Mig/Arm doping but I was young at the time and needed to make a living. I'm glad that now I know they all do, it doesn't make a difference at all. But then I want to see the strongest not holding back anything, and that's what we've seen today, just as with Arm looking into Ullrich's face or Mig going after Zuelle on the climb. Awesome and really gives inspiration to be better than I am, what else is sport good for? Of course they'll all go to hell but for the time being it's OK. I mean, why would I feel bitter for someone else making a fool out of themselves?

veganrob said:
MartinGT said:
I will never watch another Tour or Vuelta etc that has the Dawg in. His sucked the life out racing for me. It's a bigger circus than Armstrong and that takes some beating.

I cannot though see a day where the truth will come out with him.
I can't watch either. It is just so depressing.

If Cookson loses the election you might see a change but that is unlikely to occur...

I don't know why Sky fans / apologists always get into 'other riders are doping too'. I don't think there are many on here who are naive about the sport they are watching. But there is something different about Sky - it goes beyond greed into insatiate rapacity. The BS, the cash-in books, the flagrant lies, the absurd transformations of doms into contenders; the performances which defy reason and logic, even the awful 'Porte-a-cabins' and 'Hubs'. It's not just winning, its the need to dominate on all fronts. I find it truly abhorrent. It's the same quality that Armstrong had - whatever he did, it wasn't enough, and ultimately, it led to his downfall. I can only hope that this will end the same way, but I fear not - IMO, the crux of the matter is that SDB knows where the 2012 olympic games bodies are buried, and no one really wants to go there.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
veganrob said:
MartinGT said:
I will never watch another Tour or Vuelta etc that has the Dawg in. His sucked the life out racing for me. It's a bigger circus than Armstrong and that takes some beating.

+1
It's gone on for too long now. There's no more suspension of disbelief. Sky in general, and Froome in particular, are a bridge too far.

Re:

Electress said:
I don't know why Sky fans / apologists always get into 'other riders are doping too'. I don't think there are many on here who are naive about the sport they are watching. But there is something different about Sky - it goes beyond greed into insatiate rapacity. The BS, the cash-in books, the flagrant lies, the absurd transformations of doms into contenders; the performances which defy reason and logic, even the awful 'Porte-a-cabins' and 'Hubs'. It's not just winning, its the need to dominate on all fronts. I find it truly abhorrent. It's the same quality that Armstrong had - whatever he did, it wasn't enough, and ultimately, it led to his downfall. I can only hope that this will end the same way, but I fear not - IMO, the crux of the matter is that SDB knows where the 2012 olympic games bodies are buried, and no one really wants to go there.

Froome has utterly been produced in the laboratory. Sky represents the total dehumanization of the sport, in favor of techne and financial resources. Throw 35 million euros per year and the Murdoch propaganda machine into it and you can fabricate superman much better than can Mother Nature. Or, as others have put it, transform a donkey into a racehorse. The ludic aspect of sport has given way to a coprorate dominance farce. And the fact that there is a British president of the UCI, lets us know where the vested interests of the sport lie and thus who gets designated as its new poster boy and show window team.

Re:

Electress said:

If everyone do it, then the wealthiest do it best, can it be that simple?

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Electress said:

All this makes me wonder exactly what Sky's agenda is for the sport, it's more than just being the only real winning team in cycling. Now, with what seems that the UKAD report has been quietly put in the bottom drawer, there is no real obstacle to stop the team from spinning whatever sound bites they wish to justify their"unbelievable" performances, however they are obtaining them, along with probable UCI collusion.
Say they win every Grand Tour and many of the one day classics, what happens... most people will just switch off, when every second shot is that of SKY massed at the front and everyone else going backwards.. It's killing the sport, period.. Is there a end game the Murdochs have..? I just can't figure out what SKY, the management or the owners are up to...

S2Sturges said:
Electress said:

All this makes me wonder exactly what Sky's agenda is for the sport, it's more than just being the only real winning team in cycling. Now, with what seems that the UKAD report has been quietly put in the bottom drawer, there is no real obstacle to stop the team from spinning whatever sound bites they wish to justify their"unbelievable" performances, however they are obtaining them, along with probable UCI collusion.
Say they win every Grand Tour and many of the one day classics, what happens... most people will just switch off, when every second shot is that of SKY massed at the front and everyone else going backwards.. It's killing the sport, period.. Is there a end game the Murdochs have..? I just can't figure out what SKY, the management or the owners are up to...

Dominating market shares and dynamizing corporate egos. The problem with all of this is that the techincal and economic considerations have taken over to such a degree, that it's killed even any modicum of the remnants of a human side to not only the sport, but the athletes themesleves.

Before it was an arms race between more or less equal market shareholders. Now its become about one dominant market hegemon, which is dragging the rest of the sport down with it, just as it is dictating the movement's business agenda and the racing outcomes it presupposes.

bigcog said:
El Pistolero said:
PremierAndrew said:
Benotti69 said:
miguelindurain111 said:

Dont worry I am sure Contador will 'come' good after all he was only 12s behind today :rolleyes:

Considering we all know that Bennoti had as many anti Contador posts in the leadup to Contador's ban as anyone else, and even had an anti contador signature for years, when bigcog tries to taunt/dismiss benoti as a contador fan, isn't that trolling?

MartinGT said:

Its hilarious to watch him do this well in the Vuelta though.

remember how Sky only won cos everything went well for them. Because all the teams messed up their preperation and clean Sky had the right amount of rest.

And now that has become froomie blowing people out even when he has just done the TDF.

Remember how it was wrong to compare Froome to Armstrong because armstrong was "just stronger". what was the name of the South African psudoscientist who briefly posted her, Schwart or something. Who specifically said on twitter that USPostal were much stronger than Sky. and it was a fact becuase he said so.

And now Froomie is doing things even EPOstrong never could

Its exactly like Animal Farm. 2 legs good 4 legs bad.
then becomes 2 legs good 4 legs better.

This same Froome who was zigzagging in TdF and looked "worried" about Duran Duran comes to his second GT after countless kermesses and smashes consecutively every murito and Watts records in his path.

Like with the yoyo, we were tricked to think he is human, maybe even age is catching up, he struggles but then prevails due to hard work and marginal gains to win Le Tour. But this is just a part of the strategy "Sky's movement for credible cycling". Dawg can go full genius whenever he feels like it. He'll end up with at least 7 Tours and a couple Vueltas, the greatest rider in history.

veganrob said:
MartinGT said:

This.

Bar a crash and injury where Froome has to withdraw (which I wouldn't actually wish on any rider) I don't see how he isn't going to win this Vuelta. I was looking forward to the race because I thought someone else might get a crack at it, but after the first week I'm feeling rather discouraged from continuing to watch. The Tour was bad enough, now the Vuelta will be overtaken by Froome/Sky as well?

This may be bad to say, but I'm looking forward to Froome's retirement. One person dominating this much is just boring and predictable. And fixed... him not getting busted for doping is as laughable as Bolt never getting busted. It's just an utterly indigestible joke.

Benotti69 said:
mrhender said:
I think, Froome could win everything and even beating 7 wins, he will never be the «hero» Armstrong was.

He is just too dull now.

I agree with hog on this.

It was an obvious strategy to ease the masses.

Issue is, most cycling fans dont mind the doping.
They just dont fall in love with strategic and faux pleasers that appear to be teleprompting their way through customer oriented analysis.

The UKPostal brand doesnt help him either.
Cycling, at this level is not a team sport first and foremost.

Bring back the deviant alien, and he can become legend.

I dont think ASO will allow more than 5.

I see Froome going for 1 more TdF win and a Giro win to go with this years Vuelta win. If he has all 3 GTs* then he will retire.

I think the Froome's are trying to play an Indurain type game rather any other.

*5TdFs, a Giro and a Vuelta.

That's almost exactly what I said to my wife when watching yesterday's stage.

Tour/Vuelta double - first in the "modern era" then get to 5 TDFs and finish off with a Giro to join the short list of those with all 3 GT wins.

TRENDING THREADS