• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1343 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Miracle man is on his bike again... I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I'm starting to believe the rumors that he wasn't as badly injured as the team said he was!

Also good luck trying to catch him retroactively (wrt the discussion about 2011 Vuelta above) they can't test for motors in retrospect :rolleyes:

He is using a trainer with one leg as of yesterday, hardly back on a bike as you make out :rolleyes:

Re: Re:

bigcog said:
LaFlorecita said:
Miracle man is on his bike again... I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I'm starting to believe the rumors that he wasn't as badly injured as the team said he was!

Also good luck trying to catch him retroactively (wrt the discussion about 2011 Vuelta above) they can't test for motors in retrospect :rolleyes:

He is using a trainer with one leg as of yesterday, hardly back on a bike as you make out :rolleyes:
He fractured his hip and femur, ribs, sternum, elbow, some neck vertrebrae (but never wore a brace), lost 2 L of blood and was supposed to be in the hospital for 6 weeks - yet he is on a trainer again (stationary bike :rolleyes: ) after 1 month

:confused:

LaFlorecita said:
bigcog said:
LaFlorecita said:

He fractured his hip and femur, ribs, sternum, elbow, some neck vertrebrae (but never wore a brace), lost 2 L of blood and was supposed to be in the hospital for 6 weeks - yet he is on a trainer again (stationary bike :rolleyes: ) after 1 month

Ineos made it sound as if Froome was as badly injured as Pantani in 1995, who spent most of 1996 in rehabilitation and swimming pools learning how to walk again!

Yes, NOW I think the conspiracy theorists actually might have a point. Didn't do so beforehand.

Also Froome's already happily celebrating his 2011 Vuelta a Espana victory on social media. Completely classless act this jerk!

LaFlorecita said:
bigcog said:
LaFlorecita said:

So do you believe he never had these injuries in the first place, are you saying doctors who have spent their whole life in medicine are now on the big bad ineos payroll and are willing to put their whole professional life on the line to protect Froome??

Never wanting to be labelled a theorist of conspiracy (in vain?) but:

could these few month just be a time-out for breaking the bio-passport?

Similar to back-when in tennis ace Nadal had his time-out for several months - "being injured".

The money wants to keep them running
but has to admonish them somehow in the dark.

LaFlorecita said:
bigcog said:
LaFlorecita said:

I fractured my shoulder in two places, collarbone and totally destroyed one of my knees as in shattered bone, and I was up and hobbling about after a few weeks, with my knackered leg immobilized. His fractured leg will be immobilized I would have thought. His care will be a damn site better than I received so I ain't that surprised he's doing some stuff already. We don't know how bad some of the fractures are either, some could well be hairline in which case they often do nothing as far treatment goes.

Re:

TourOfSardinia said:

Similar to back-when in tennis ace Nadal had his time-out for several months - "being injured".

I suppose in theory it could.....but why wouldn't he just say he was injured, a simple knee ligament problem or something similar (oh wait, maybe that's what's happening with Tom D :redface: )

Why concoct such an elaborate story involving complicity from so many different professional people...thats the question that none of the tin foil brigade seem to address :confused:

Exactly. All he needed was to be sick and need 6 months off, spend time with his kids for 6 months, needs a break as fatigued etc etc. Take you pick from a million simple believable ailments/scenarios.
Oh, no, I know what I'll do. I'll get 3 different French Hospitals, Helicopters, Police, various prominent Surgeons with huge reputations at stake, an Ambulance crew and say I crashed into a brick wall while blowing my nose on a recon ride. That'll do it!

samhocking said:
Exactly. All he needed was to be sick and need 6 months off, spend time with his kids for 6 months, needs a break as fatigued etc etc. Take you pick from a million simple believable ailments/scenarios.
Oh, no, I know what I'll do. I'll get 3 different French Hospitals, Helicopters, Police, various prominent Surgeons with huge reputations at stake, an Ambulance crew and say I crashed into a brick wall while blowing my nose on a recon ride. That'll do it!

:lol:

You missed out Dan martin being on the payroll too.

LaFlorecita said:
bigcog said:
LaFlorecita said:

And his doctors have already said he could come back better than ever.

veganrob said:
LaFlorecita said:
bigcog said:
LaFlorecita said:

I don't think the team did announce the Injuries. The original list of injuries came directly from the Surgeon Remi Philipot. Could come back stronger is an odd statement from Philipot though I agree unless a translation issue and really means the femure will be stronger in the short term because that's how bones often heal.

Re:

TourOfSardinia said:

So are professional doctors lying to us and are in on this conspiracy

rick james said:
TourOfSardinia said:

Well they were when it came to facilitating doping, transfusions and test evasion...

Re:

macbindle said:
rick james said:
TourOfSardinia said:

Well they were when it came to facilitating doping, transfusions and test evasion...

Personally I can't see trauma surgeons who work for French health service being involved with a conspiracy with Ineos and Froome, but whatever floats your boat :lol:

veganrob said:
LaFlorecita said:
bigcog said:
LaFlorecita said:

Well

The jokes are getting better than ever

Re:

spalco said:
An amusing detail, which also shows how stupid awarding retroactive titles is, is: without cobo, does froome even win this race?

I think he would have stayed with wiggins on the angliru and then later on pena cabarga as well and never gotten a chance to overtake him.

That's what I've been saying. Disqualifying a rider during the race is completely different then post DQ. They completely change the race with their presence (especially if one rider is dominating) and who knows if second place would have won if the original rider wasn't present and I would think most of them wouldn't have.

Re:

macbindle said:
rick james said:
TourOfSardinia said:

Still creeping on me, unhealthy

rick james said:
macbindle said:
rick james said:
TourOfSardinia said:

Still creeping on me, unhealthy

You make posts. People respond.

bigcog said:
macbindle said:
rick james said:
TourOfSardinia said:

Personally I can't see trauma surgeons who work for French health service being involved with a conspiracy with Ineos and Froome, but whatever floats your boat :lol:

I didnt say they were.

I'm pointing out that doctors have been involved in conspiracies in cycling.

staubsauger said:
LaFlorecita said:
bigcog said:
LaFlorecita said:

Ineos made it sound as if Froome was as badly injured as Pantani in 1995, who spent most of 1996 in rehabilitation and swimming pools learning how to walk again!

Yes, NOW I think the conspiracy theorists actually might have a point. Didn't do so beforehand.

Also Froome's already happily celebrating his 2011 Vuelta a Espana victory on social media. Completely classless act this jerk!
This does appear that he was not as injured or broken up as advertised. At this point Froome is such a fraud it is really hard to accept any information as the truth.

Far be it from me to support Froome, but: I was hit by a truck, had my pelvis rebuilt with titanium, broke 11ribs, punctured my lungs, broke vertebrae and severely fractured a collarbone. With much argument, I could manage a trainer aftwr 4-5 weeks Were I a multi-million dollar athlete, there would have been no argument. I won’t say with certainty, but I suspect many people have no idea what they’re talking about.

If he returns at the same level or a similar level as before after femur and hip fracture i will start screaming conspiracy. Vino, Beloki, Phinney where nowhere near their old form after such injuries.

Also him being on a trainer so fast is nothing unusual, Vino was also back on the trainer before he could walk.

TRENDING THREADS