Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1342 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

hrotha said:
Why did it take hours, though? Were his injuries immediately life-threatening?
Clearly they were life threatening

Why the hell does it matter how long the spent on him at the side of the road??

What is wrong with you guys?? always second guessing things hoping for a different answer

Yeah, I know they can, but they can also not be. It depends on how it goes exactly. I asked because it's not been mentioned or hinted at really, so I was wondering whether it was even worse than the reports have said so far.

Re:

hrotha said:
Yeah, I know they can, but they can also not be. It depends on how it goes exactly. I asked because it's not been mentioned or hinted at really, so I was wondering whether it was even worse than the reports have said so far.
I don't think we'd normally expect intensive care for broken bones so clearly he's taken a hell of a bang.

I think I read that there were no head injuries/concussion concerns so possibly internal injuries worry?

thehog said:
thehog said:
Froome on Pena 2011, the slow motion reply of a side view is interesting. Bearly pedalling as he flies past Cobo.

Regardless, this is absurd that he could do his and even kmow that he could do it without blowing up.

https://youtu.be/_mFDtlQXCRQ?t=1m50s

Now that Cobo has been suspended for passport violation from 2011 it confirms Froome is a doper.
And I here I thought turning a positive confirmed he was doping. And everything else about Froome.

Re:

Red Rick said:
**** loved the days when you at least had to beat your opponents on the road instead of just pulling GT wins out of your ***.
Ha, yeah. But I think those days ended in 1995, correct? Was Riis the first GT winner to be stripped of title years later?

I think I might agree on declaring no winner and asterisking the "winners." Reason being that unlike a one-time event like the 100 meters, there's a whole world of calculations and team tactics that go into a race, so just saying that Froome "won" the 2011 Vuelta b/c Cobo showed passport anomalies isn't a neat and tidy solution.

But to be honest, if this cheers up Froome, I'm all for it. Poor guy, and I mean that sincerely.

thehog said:
Cobo has said he plans to appeal the decision using Froome’s Ventoux performance in 2013 as evidence he wasn’t the only one cheating :lol:
Surely all Cobo has to do is use any of Froome's performances pre-2011 Vuelta to demonstrate that he wasnt the only cheat in that race :confused:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS