General complaint thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 24, 2009
1,158
0
0
craig1985 said:
Feel sorry for you bro, I really do. What type of bike was it?
Thanks to all for the kind words.

It was a yellow aluminum Chesini. It's odd how a simple instrument like a bike can trigger such a feeling of loss once its gone.
 
May 6, 2009
8,524
1
0
I'd be fuming if some **** stole my bike. Well because it's the only I have and I would have no way of getting to work.
 
Sep 9, 2009
532
0
0
subject-verb agreement

CN continues to drive me nuts with its quote-unquote writing. For instance, today:

There has been a lot of rumours about the Gavia
There has been ... rumours.

there has been two landslides on the Forcola
has been ... landslides.

Is grammar really that difficult?


That is all.
 
Sep 9, 2009
532
0
0
Nope, there's more. From today's CN report on Simoni:

Still not no forgiveness for Basso

Simoni is known for his pride. Four years ago he fell out with Ivan Basso after he allegedly first offered Simoni the stage victory in exchange for his help and then surged clear to win in Aprica and dedicate the stage to his newly born son.

So Simoni offered the stage to Simoni in exchange for Simoni's help but then Simoni surged clear to win, dedicating said win to Simoni's newly born son.

Which makes sense, of course, once you read that "not no" subhed. Farrand is reporting from Bizarro Giro!

Do they no longer have grammar in the Queen's English?
 
May 6, 2009
8,524
1
0
Leaving a bike race a few weeks, and about to join a group to ride home, some douche, for reasons unknown, turned around to join the group (he was riding in the opposite direction, and had been racing), and without looking, rode into me, some how I (and so did he) stayed upright, and now two weeks on, my chain rings are bent. The next time I see him at a race I feel like giving him the bill for a new set of chain rings and front derailleur.

As per a famous Australian TV ad: Not Happy Jan.
 
May 6, 2009
8,524
1
0
Leaving a shopping centre whilst driving, at the exit I look right and see somebody slowing down to let me go through (I was turning left), and not looking, I continue to turn and drive up the back of the car that was in front of me that had stopped at the lights. The car I was driving came off worse then what the person's car did (I was doing less then 15km/h).

Onya Craigos you ****ing idiot.
 
Apr 7, 2010
97
0
0
Got into an informal "race" on the long way home through the hills today.

The competitor did not adhere to euro cyclist rules about suplesse and got out of the saddle to attack... so undignified.
 
May 6, 2009
8,524
1
0
Andy Schleck.

Happy 25th birthday, and tomorrow I turn 25 as well. Makes me feel as though I have wasted my life now.

Now onto a different subject, Susan, if you don't mind me asking, has your son recovered from that attack that happened to him at the Bundesliga game? Did the guy who hit your son get charged?
 
We're still waiting to hear from the police, but are assured they will follow up.

The septum is damaged and will probably need surgery at some point. But because he is still growing, the doctors don't want to operate now, as they would just have to do it again when he has stopped growing.

In the meantime he is getting used to basically breathing out of only one nostril. Heaven knows what will happen if he gets a cold.

Susan
 
Susan, I have good experiences with a special form of nose-spray called Nasonex which you, unlike the types such as Zymelin, can use for a longer period of time. The only thing is that it requires a prescription. (At least that's how it is here.)

Now... my turn to rant!

WHY ALL THIS RAIN!! THIS IS JUNE!
(Then again... it's also Denmark...)
 
The weather in all of northern Europe this year is totally --- whacko. Cool and rainy AGAIN today.

My brother lives in the Washington DC area and says they are alternating between July weather and October weather.

Ugh.

Susan
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
filipo said:
CN continues to drive me nuts with its quote-unquote writing. For instance, today:



There has been ... rumours.



has been ... landslides.

Is grammar really that difficult?


That is all.
Ok thanks for that. I dont understand why saying it had 2 landslides is wrong but maybe I'm too dumb to understand.
 
May 6, 2009
8,524
1
0
Susan Westemeyer said:
The weather in all of northern Europe this year is totally --- whacko. Cool and rainy AGAIN today.

My brother lives in the Washington DC area and says they are alternating between July weather and October weather.

Ugh.

Susan
We get around 300 days of sunshine a year where I live, this year we have had more then 70 rain days.
 
May 6, 2009
8,524
1
0
I was out with the group doing a long ride today, we were going at quite solid pace (25-30km/h) up a hill (3-4% at the most, it's quite easy actually), and one guy in our group was passing me to go up to the front and accidentally bumped me or his handle bars touched mine (I was climbing out of the saddle) and next thing I knew I was on the ground with a lot of blood coming from above my right eye. So now I'm sitting here with two stitches above my right eye and one just under the same eye. And throw in some lovely headaches and barely able to remember much. Every **** on Tuesday will think I got into a fight at the pub (for those playing at home Monday is a bank holiday where I live and therefore a day off) on the weekend.

My helmet is cracked and my front wheel is ****ed, and I need new gear shifters as a result. The worst thing is that I had 108km in my legs at that point (with at least another 25 to go).

The crazy thing is that I can go downhill like a nutcase and take corners (and often blind corners as well) at more then 50km/h without breaking and I crash whilst going uphill.
 
Mar 10, 2009
7,269
1
0
craig1985 said:
I was out with the group doing a long ride today, we were going at quite solid pace (25-30km/h) up a hill (3-4% at the most, it's quite easy actually), and one guy in our group was passing me to go up to the front and accidentally bumped me or his handle bars touched mine (I was climbing out of the saddle) and next thing I knew I was on the ground with a lot of blood coming from above my right eye. So now I'm sitting here with two stitches above my right eye and one just under the same eye. And throw in some lovely headaches and barely able to remember much. Every **** on Tuesday will think I got into a fight at the pub (for those playing at home Monday is a bank holiday where I live and therefore a day off) on the weekend.

My helmet is cracked and my front wheel is ****ed, and I need new gear shifters as a result. The worst thing is that I had 108km in my legs at that point (with at least another 25 to go).

The crazy thing is that I can go downhill like a nutcase and take corners (and often blind corners as well) at more then 50km/h without breaking and I crash whilst going uphill.
You should apply for a RAB slot... You fit the profile perfectly, and these incidents will only strengthen your application ;)
 
May 6, 2009
8,524
1
0
Susan Westemeyer said:
You're having quite a time of it lately, aren't you? Has my bad luck passed on to you, or what?

Susan
I was quite lucky in that I had a couple of scratches. Although the the owner of the car can't shut his car door now.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BroDeal Non-Cycling Discussions 0
T Non-Cycling Discussions 26

ASK THE COMMUNITY