• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General Doping Thread.

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2010
Visit site
Greipel has been complaining on Twitter. Yesterday he said he'd been tested 3 times in 21 hours, and that he'd had to wait 3 hours to give his blood sample, and today he said he'd now been tested 4 times in 3 days.
3 controls from our NADA Doping Agency in 21 h...is this logical plus waiting 3 h for giving my blood sample? Just want to go home #privacy
https://twitter.com/AndreGreipel/status/615194887810625536
7:00 Just for the People who are asking if I have a private life.4 th control in 3 days.Don't know what to say but is this still coordinated
https://twitter.com/AndreGreipel/status/615393295917809664
Having to wait 3 hours to give a blood sample I think there is good reason to complain about, the other stuff... well that's how it is, TdF comming up.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re:

neineinei said:
Greipel has been complaining on Twitter. Yesterday he said he'd been tested 3 times in 21 hours, and that he'd had to wait 3 hours to give his blood sample, and today he said he'd now been tested 4 times in 3 days.
3 controls from our NADA Doping Agency in 21 h...is this logical plus waiting 3 h for giving my blood sample? Just want to go home #privacy
https://twitter.com/AndreGreipel/status/615194887810625536
7:00 Just for the People who are asking if I have a private life.4 th control in 3 days.Don't know what to say but is this still coordinated
https://twitter.com/AndreGreipel/status/615393295917809664
Having to wait 3 hours to give a blood sample I think there is good reason to complain about, the other stuff... well that's how it is, TdF comming up.

2 hours post training ride / race is standard ABP WADA protocol for a blood sample. It allows the body to restore equilibrium from a hema paramters POV and is why it was implemented that way.

3 hours sounds like torture.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
When a 3 hour wait comes on top of 2 other controls (and presumably a national championships road race) in 21 hours it's easy to see why it seems too much. The ADO's got to do what they got to do, but in situations like this, they need to make it run as smoothly as possible.

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like very good planning and co-ordination to me
Ride national champs - get tested
go home and think it is ok to get a few hits of the good stuff to get ready for next week - after all just been tested so no need to worry; right?

Then they turn up and test again. Maybe as shakespeare said - He protest too much!!
Wonder if he might get mysteriously sick between now and the start of the tour?

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
It seems only the german ADO takes anti-doping seriously. It must be really irritating for the german riders, since they know full well that there is no chance of getting caught.

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
This quote from the CAFD says it all really
“Our 2015 testing programme focuses more and more on qualitative rather than quantitative aspects."
Basically stating that they are not going to be busting anyone at this years tour and are more concerned with the riders health and the continuation of the sport as a commercial success.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Francesco Reda, the rider who was thrown off the Rás and caused a fuss insulting Irish people after he was thrown of the race for holding onto cars, has tested positive for EPO at Italian Nationals.

I am happy they caucht Reda.

I saw his performance in Italian championship and it was amazing, close to Nibali. It wanst the first time he was at that level in his life, but when a rider like him now is in a continemtal team is becouse he cant be in a better team for doping issues... he took too much risk by riding Italian championship, becouse controls are not like in continental.

He had to to as irinian riders, that have 6 places in the world and they dont go, or if go, 4 dont finish and the other 2 with the last ones, despite his good result in Asia, where most of the riders are clean.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
The lesson is that if you're using "cold war" methods against state-of-the-art warfare, you are going to lose or get caught. Plain up EPO positive, someone didn't pass the IQ or finance test.

Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
PeterB said:
SafeBet said:
Reda is one of them, confirmed. EPO.
I hope he gets life ban. Doesn't deserve anything less.

The abuse Reda and his team, plus a few Italian cycling hacks who came in on his side, gave to plenty at the Ras in Ireland this year was appalling.

No it wasn't. Reda's tweet was funny in a rage filled garbled English sort of way. And there was quite a bit of grumbling in Irish cycling circles about a dirty furriner disgracing the jersey with his druggy ways that was never heard about Irish dopers, which was simply rank hypocrisy.

That said, if ever there was a doping positive announced where you didn't need to look at the body of the announcement to know the suspended rider's name this was it.

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Lloyd Mondory gets busted in March

Now the two AG2R grand tour boys who were top 5 in the 2014 tour can't even stick with the yellow jersey group halfway up a penultimate climb in the Alps and won't crack the top 10.

Coincidence?

I think not.

TRENDING THREADS