• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General Doping Thread.

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

GraftPunk said:
Not a huge baseball fan, but this seems like an unusually harsh (by that i mean good) penalty for the MLB.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Its still a joke though (that is, American sports and doping): Cano decides to “accept the suspension” a day after getting hit by a pitch that broke his wrist and forcing him to miss roughly 8 weeks of the season to recover. True, he cannot play in the playoffs, but then again, his team (my team, the Seattle Mariners) now have the current longest streak of NOT making the postseason of any team in the big-4 American pro sports!

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

yaco said:
MLB has the best drug policy of all American Pro Sports - First offence is 82 games which is in effect half a season, 2nd offence is a full season and a third offence is life.
Does MLB have off season PED testing?

Baseball player says drug testing "is not random":

Carlos Gomez, the veteran Tampa Bay Rays outfielder, says he’s already been drug tested between five and seven times this season. Meanwhile, Gomez says he knows at least one player on his team hasn’t been drug tested at all. His conclusion: MLB’s random drug tests aren’t random...

“It’s not random. It’s not random. I can put my hand on fire, it’s not random,” Gomez told Yahoo Sports MLB Podcast host Jeff Passan. “They pick guys. I think it’s something the way you play, the way you act … I’m the oldest guy on the team. I get here earlier than everybody. Why? Because I have to work harder to maintain my body to support the rest of the season. When I do that and they come to you and have a drug test every time, you get furious. You get mad. One month into the season I got like seven drug tests. Something like that. Between five or seven. That’s not right. We have a guy on the team who for sure hasn’t had one drug test.”

Index of suspicion?

Gomez said he feels like two groups of players are targeted for drug tests: Older players and Latin players. Gomez, 32, said he and Rays teammates Sergio Romo (35) and Denard Span (34) have been tested frequently this season.

An MLB spokesman told Yahoo Sports the league’s drug testing is handled by an independent program administrator selected by the league and the players’ union. MLB has no control over who is chosen to be tested, the spokesman said, and the league maintains testing is random.

In one week I had two blood tests. Two in one week. I mean, like, what are you looking for?

https://sports.yahoo.com/carlos-gomez-mlb-drug-testing-isnt-random-targets-older-latin-players-170350540.html

yaco said:
GraftPunk said:
Not a huge baseball fan, but this seems like an unusually harsh (by that i mean good) penalty for the MLB.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

MLB has the best drug policy of all American Pro Sports - First offence is 82 games which is in effect half a season, 2nd offence is a full season and a third offence is life.

In April an NBA player (Jodie Meeks) got banned 25 games for Ipamorelin (GH peptide) and GHRP-2.

He missed the last 4 games of Washington's season, plus their 6 playoff games, so he has 15 left - about a month - at the start of next season (out of 82 games!). That makes a grand total of about 7 weeks out.

It's the longest drug ban in NBA history :lol:

luckyboy said:
yaco said:
GraftPunk said:

In April an NBA player (Jodie Meeks) got banned 25 games for Ipamorelin (GH peptide) and GHRP-2.

He missed the last 4 games of Washington's season, plus their 6 playoff games, so he has 15 left - about a month - at the start of next season (out of 82 games!). That makes a grand total of about 7 weeks out.

It's the longest drug ban in NBA history :lol:

My post is referring to NHL - And sensibly American pro sports are not part of the WADA Code.

The test doesn't come back positive until quite a while after the day the sample is taken.
So, for that to be possible, one of these would have to be true:

- Ban is 4 months from the date of the positive being communicated to the rider. Less than 4 months before Oro y Paz so he wouldn't have ridden that. Of the 12 colombians at Milano - Torino 2017 every single one was riding at Oro y Paz or earlier

- Ban is backdated 4 months from Milano - Torino. No riders have been stripped from the results of Lombardia, Guanxi or Turkey so the rider did not ride any of those, which only applies to Ivan Sosa. And it can't be him because the guy making the claim claims it's someone important

Conclusion: Likely not true

Re:

GuyIncognito said:
The test doesn't come back positive until quite a while after the day the sample is taken.
So, for that to be possible, one of these would have to be true:

- Ban is 4 months from the date of the positive being communicated to the rider. Less than 4 months before Oro y Paz so he wouldn't have ridden that. Of the 12 colombians at Milano - Torino 2017 every single one was riding at Oro y Paz or earlier

- Ban is backdated 4 months from Milano - Torino. No riders have been stripped from the results of Lombardia, Guanxi or Turkey so the rider did not ride any of those, which only applies to Ivan Sosa. And it can't be him because the guy making the claim claims it's someone important

Conclusion: Likely not true

the results maybe havent been stripped yet because it was a silent ban?
anyway
it´s just twitter speculation/fake news for now

TRENDING THREADS