• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

zapata said:
He! So the likely scenario is, 2011, schlecks go to bruyneels team, with a new, probably european sponsor?

That might be a good bet actually.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
Is there a mandatory retirement age in Pro Cycing?
Couldn't Lance ride the Tour as long as he makes the stage time cuts?

Lance would find motivation as a rider/coach in support of ANYONE who could help keep Alberto from 8 TdF wins.
And not just finishing in the Laughing Group, but keep Lance around for his wacky antics off the bike!

Making wisecracks during communal team hotel dinners, putting poodle poop in a bag outside of Alberto's room knock on the door and run, making crank phone calls in the middle of the night, switching around team hotel garbage receptacles, etcetc

Also, RadioShack wants to increase the biz in Europe.

lance will probably spike alberto's drug test and then claim that the french's testing methods are not tampered with, taken good care of and are the best in the world so alberto doesn't get his record.

(300th post is mine):)

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
I've said it a trillion times and I'll say it again: Schlecks -> Radioshack at the end of this season. Zero doubt.

actually, how about quickstep, lefevre has said he was holding moneys in reserve, dont know if he still is, or if he can recoup coinage for 2011, but quickstep is a better fit for the schlecks than radioshack

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Katusha's Joaquim Rodriguez has had a nasty crash at the Katusha training and lost a lot of blood. I suppose ironically he could get away with taking EPO.

EUROSPORT 2010 SCHEDULE
February
7-12 Tour of Qatar

March
7-14 Paris-Nice
10-16 Tirreno-Adriatico
20 Milan-San Remo
25-28 World Track Championships (Copenhagen)

April
4 Tour of Flanders
11 Paris-Roubaix
18 Amstel Gold Race
21 Flèche Wallonne
25 Liège-Bastogne-Liège

May
8-30 Giro d'Italia
16-25 Tour of California

June
6-13 Dauphiné Libéré

July
3-25 Tour de France

August
29-Sept 19 Vuelta a Espana

September
29-Oct 3 World Road Race Championships (Melbourne)

October
10 Paris-Tours
16 Tour of Lombardy

No Gent Wevelgem or Pais Vasco (now goone for good, it seems:()

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
Soler hit by a car in his hometown.

Last year by talking to a now ex Barloworld rider, he confirmed that Soler was very dangerous once arriving at ...downhills; his training mates would keep at safe distance when hitting a downhill.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
No Crit Int, no ENECO, no Poland, no San Seb or Hamburg.
Huge price to pay for Cali and Qatar.
Have to move to Belgium for Sporza and RTBF.(got the second;))

Ah well, Sporza prefers the Tour of Belgium over the Giro. So you have to watch a bunch sprint in Dikkelvenne won by Roelandts when the Giro peloton is passing the most epic climbs. They start the Giro broadcast after the Belgian finish, so they only have the last 1 - 1,5 hour.
You could watch the Giro on Eurosport while the Tour of Belgium is on sporza, but they have commercial breaks every 20 minutes and that is annoying.
No, it's not easy following cycling in the low countries ;)

But no Omloop 'het Volk' on eurosport is a tragedy. The first race of the season to get really excited about and they don't even broadcast it.
Why Qatar and not Het Volk + Kuurne? Strange.

That's really sad news:(. I hope he's ok in the end. He made a mistake some years ago, but nobody deserves this. I wonder if he was training for a comeback?

At least im glad Klöden is ok as he was training with Kessler. Hope you keep us updated on this;)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Kessler crashes, Soler crashes, Durán gets mono, Gaztañaga and Milan retire because they can't get contracts...

not a good day for individual riders, overall.

Hate to bring this kind of news...
Mauricio Soler from Caisse d'Espagne has been involved in an accident while training near his hometown Ramiriqui-Boyaca. the rider was about to arrive at his residence when a small truck crossed his path and sent him off the road. Soler was taken to the nearest hospital with minor injuries & will remain in observation by the doctors for any further damages in his body. the doctors have recommended at least 5 days of rest....

hfer07 said:
Hate to bring this kind of news...
Mauricio Soler from Caisse d'Espagne has been involved in an accident while training near his hometown Ramiriqui-Boyaca. the rider was about to arrive at his residence when a small truck crossed his path and sent him off the road. Soler was taken to the nearest hospital with minor injuries & will remain in observation by the doctors for any further damages in his body. the doctors have recommended at least 5 days of rest....

I don't know if you saw it, but the post above yours already mentions Soler's crash.