• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
If I'm not mistaken Quick-Step is owned by Mohawk Greenworks, which is an American company.
Probably won't make any difference, but there is a tie (if I'm correct , that is).

You are correct, they bought Quick-step a few years ago.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
Baby Schleck says Wiggins was unprofessional over his transfer to sky [the telegraph]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...ised-by-Bradley-Wiggins-move-to-Team-Sky.html

personally, i think Andy acted unprofessionally at the Tour route launch with that cheap suit and jeans.. :D

Like he can talk. Yes, him calling Moncoutié "*** in the head" out of nowhere with no provocation was much more professional, of course.

Each day he's a bigger a**hole than the previous day.

Frank and Andy may be brothers, but their personalities are day and night.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I hope he can win the Giro. He won't beat Contador or Andy Schleck in the mountains, rather he doesn't have the power to attack and drop the two of them, so he should put all his efforts into trying to win the Giro. Like Menchov did.

+1

I think he would need a tdf course like 2007 or 2006 where ther was alot of time trialling. i think the other teams like saxo, radioshack, garmin, sky, rabobank and possibly BMC that they can't wait to the final climb to attack or hurt contador. I feel that they will also have to put pressure in the cobbled stages whre 1 or 2 of the gc guys will falter. BMC with burghardt, ballan and hincapie might excel there.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Quick Step's roster for next year:

1 Carlos Barredo (Spa)
2 Tom Boonen (Bel)
3 Dario Cataldo (Ita)
4 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra)
5 Kevin de Weert (Bel)
6 Dries Devenyns (Bel)
7 Stijn Devolder (Bel)
8 Addy Engels (Ned)
9 Mauro Facci (Ita)
10 Kurt Hovelynck (Bel)
11 Kevin Hulsmans (Bel)
12 Iljo Keisse (Bel)
13 Andrei Kunitski (Blr)
14 Nikolas Maes (Bel)
15 Davide Malacarne (Ita)
16 Jerome Pineau (Fra)
17 Francesco Reda (Ita)
18 Branislau Samoilau (Blr)
19 Kevin Seeldraeyers (Bel)
20 Andreas Stauff (Ger)
21 Matteo Tosatto (Ita)
22 Jurgen van de Walle (Bel)
23 Kevin van Impe (Bel)
24 Thomas Vedel Kvist (Den)
25 Marco Velo (Ita)
26 Wouter Weylandt (Bel)
27 Maarten Wynants (Bel)

And their kit:

quickstep_innergetic_2010_2011_new_outfit_22638_512_600.jpg

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/quick-step-confirm-27-man-squad-for-2010

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Quick Step's roster for next year:

1 Carlos Barredo (Spa)
2 Tom Boonen (Bel)
3 Dario Cataldo (Ita)
4 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra)
5 Kevin de Weert (Bel)
6 Dries Devenyns (Bel)
7 Stijn Devolder (Bel)
8 Addy Engels (Ned)
9 Mauro Facci (Ita)
10 Kurt Hovelynck (Bel)
11 Kevin Hulsmans (Bel)
12 Iljo Keisse (Bel)
13 Andrei Kunitski (Blr)
14 Nikolas Maes (Bel)
15 Davide Malacarne (Ita)
16 Jerome Pineau (Fra)
17 Francesco Reda (Ita)
18 Branislau Samoilau (Blr)
19 Kevin Seeldraeyers (Bel)
20 Andreas Stauff (Ger)
21 Matteo Tosatto (Ita)
22 Jurgen van de Walle (Bel)
23 Kevin van Impe (Bel)
24 Thomas Vedel Kvist (Den)
25 Marco Velo (Ita)
26 Wouter Weylandt (Bel)
27 Maarten Wynants (Bel)

And their kit:

quickstep_innergetic_2010_2011_new_outfit_22638_512_600.jpg

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/quick-step-confirm-27-man-squad-for-2010

Tom likes doing a bit of modelling... but needs to improve on the smile, bit creepy.;)

A

Anonymous

dolophonic said:
He( G Henderson) said he was going "spastic "... classic!

Cue Sky press officer telling him that wont be acceptable from tommorow :D

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
Dig the jersey, but the bib shorts are lacking. Plus, is it me, or are they a few centimeters short on the length?

Their new kit is a "retro edition"

The short-shorts are old school yikes:

photo-28.jpg

AADQ010-1.jpg

A

Anonymous

nice shirt...

the shorts.. just wrong.. then again, the wife likes them..

A

Anonymous

lucybears said:
must be wrong, then....

well i wont be buying myself any quick step shorts anytime soon, put it that way.. In the Uk they may be considered a little erm, camp..

Bala Verde said:
Jacques de Ceaurriz died today.

It was a hit?

PARIS — Jacques de Ceaurriz, the French anti-doping lab director who co-developed the urine test for EPO, died Tuesday. He was 60.
The French anti-doping agency did not give the cause of death.
De Ceaurriz was prominent in the global fight against doping. He and Francoise Lasne, a doctor at the French anti-doping agency, developed the test for the endurance enhancer EPO. De Ceaurriz, a former pharmacist, worked with several labs before concentrating on doping issues in 1997.
In 2005, the French sports daily L'Equipe alleged that seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong used EPO during the 1999 race. De Ceaurriz said the lab could not confirm the positive samples cited in the paper were from Armstrong. But he said the EPO test was absolutely reliable, even for analyzing old samples.