• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 478 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Just like in Imola the men and the women will ride the same ITT course at the WC in Wollongong next year. They will do two laps for a total distance of 37.7 km. That is a record distance for the women, but a 40 minute effort isn't much for the men. One reason for this (I assume) is that they are going to hold both races on the opening Sunday, which I think is a good idea, but still a WC ITT should take at least 45 minutes to complete for the winner of the men's race.

The men's RR will apparently be 271 km long finishing with 12 laps on an easy 17.5 km circuit, so even an out of shape Ewan might be able to contest it ;)

There will also be crowned a women's U23 champion for the first time, though it will just be the first in the age category to finish the elite race, which means that someone might win both titles. Hopefully a seperate U23 race will be on the program in 2023.

So, UCI just got some new members...

FAC_6tcVkAoxG0b

The Pope on a bike!

Last edited:
Just like in Imola the men and the women will ride the same ITT course at the WC in Wollongong next year. They will do two laps for a total distance of 37.7 km. That is a record distance for the women, but a 40 minute effort isn't much for the men. One reason for this (I assume) is that they are going to hold both races on the opening Sunday, which I think is a good idea, but still a WC ITT should take at least 45 minutes to complete for the winner of the men's race.

The men's RR will apparently be 271 km long finishing with 12 laps on an easy 17.5 km circuit, so even an out of shape Ewan might be able to contest it ;)

There will also be crowned a women's U23 champion for the first time, though it will just be the first in the age category to finish the elite race, which means that someone might win both titles. Hopefully a seperate U23 race will be on the program in 2023.
Weird they don't have the men do three laps then. But of course not surprising, I don't think we'll see a 1h+ WCTT again.

TRENDING THREADS