• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 152 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
rmacek said:
Roman Kreuziger will ride Giro and Vuelta next year, no Tour...
That's a bit strange I think. If he could find his TT legs again he could do really well in this years Tour. Still, I hope Olano goes all TT for this Vuelta so Kreuziguer has a chance of improving his GT-game a bit more. He went really well in this years Giro that didn't suit him at all.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
trevim said:
That's a bit strange I think. If he could find his TT legs again he could do really well in this years Tour. Still, I hope Olano goes all TT for this Vuelta so Kreuziguer has a chance of improving his GT-game a bit more. He went really well in this years Giro that didn't suit him at all.

what itt legs again??

trevim said:

i don't think he can get in the top 5 of il giro.in le tour not even top 10.
it's good that kash and vino will be the leaders for le tour.and maybe cobo too.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
If that don't work out, its a strong reason to actually cheer for Frandy Brunyeel.

If you ever been to a race like AGR, FW or LBL you see that 90% of the fans supporting Frandy are crazy women. They even wear stupid shirts with hate messages on it sometimes(targeted towards Contador). Easily one of the most obnoxious fan groups out there.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
If you ever been to a race like AGR, FW or LBL you see that 90% of the fans supporting Frandy are crazy women. They even wear stupid shirts with hate messages on it sometimes(targeted towards Contador). Easily one of the most obnoxious fan groups out there.

100% this

jens_attacks said:
i don't think he can get in the top 5 of il giro.in le tour not even top 10.
it's good that kash and vino will be the leaders for le tour.and maybe cobo too.
Kash and Vino.... I don't know about that. The first seems to be miles away from his old self and Vino doesn't seem to care that much about GC. I'm afraid they will be lead by Brajko :)

trevim said:
Kash and Vino.... I don't know about that. The first seems to be miles away from his old self and Vino doesn't seem to care that much about GC. I'm afraid they will be lead by Brajko :)

what?noooooooooo!!

but i've seen the future one of these nights and kash will be back at 06-07 level because vino wants this to happen.if cobo comes,he will be the gc leader

trevim said:
This ones:

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=7874
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=11938
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=12907
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=14048

Although I admit his ITT seems to suffer a lot on the 3rd week and that this ones aren't specially long ITT. But still that was a weapon he used to had.
A bit unfair to include the Klausenpass one. If we do that I could talk about Gadret's TT legs based on his being 2nd to Kronplatz in 2010.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Disappointing Dutch cycling fan can't watch it, I usually watch cycling on Sporza cause the commentary is alot better often. This is a shame :(

rmacek said:
Roman Kreuziger will ride Giro and Vuelta next year, no Tour...

That literally sucks so much. I wish he could go the TDF he is consistent and a talent. I would however like to see him win a GT and next year he will not win the TDF. Hopefully he can get a good pal mares going to rival Nibalis'.
Cobo ( if he joins ) and Vino will go for stages at the TDF/ trying to have good ITT's to place in the top 10 whilst Kashechkin will try rediscover his old form. That might not happen though so Brajkovic will be leader.
Any idea about Kessiakoff, what races he will do. Based on this year he deserves to go to one GT as leader.

Also since i have not grown up with the Ardennes races i don't really care who wins. I want Cadel to win ( preferably when he is stronger than Gilbert ) but i also want Gerrans/ Clarke to put good showings next year. I would also like for JROD, Cunego and Hesjedal to win one.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Joe Lewis just said his team has folded - xurely can't mean Trek - Livestrong?

Would be devastating if true...

EDIT: No, its the New Zealand team with WorldTour "aspirations", PureBlack. :(

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Teams for Tour de San Luis, January 23-29: Ag2r-La Mondiale, Liquigas-Cannondale, Movistar, Omega Pharma-Quick Step, Saxo Bank, Andalucía, Androni-Giocattoli, Caja Rural, Farnese Vini, Team NetApp, UnitedHealthcare, Christina Watches-Onfone, Tavira-Prio, San Luis Somos Todos, Funvic, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, Paraguay, Uruguay, Bolivia.

Includes Alberto Contador (if he isn't banned), Vincenzo Nibali, and Tom Boonen as the three biggest names on the start list.

on another news rui costa gave an interview to the eurosport site:
storynews_sto3059684.shtml

the title of the interview is pretty simple:

"liege is the queen and my dream"

says he will race some minor classics in france and italy before going to T-A then M-SR, criterium internacional and the ardennes classics cept FW( which he himself admits it doesn't suit him) then says how important liege is to himself and stuff like that.

then says its good to have valverde back and he is looking to be in great shape beating every training point and believes that with just a few weeks of racings he will be back on top.

finishes of saying he doesn't know if he will ride the tour or the giro but that will only be decided latter in the season.