• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 182 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Fus087 said:
Of course, using a climb need not mean it's used in the finale. It could be in the first 50 km of a stage, like in the 2004 Tour.

But let's hope for a meaningful Flanders stage, with the Muur in the finale.

as mentioned in the article the next 3 editions will all end on the climb.

Hushovd's wife is pregnant again. Unfortunately the baby is scheduled to be born in July (during TDF).

I'm starting to suspect that Hushovd is actually planning to skip the TDF, which would explain the Giro participation. He said last week that he would do the TDF though, but will BMC include him on the team if there's a great risk that he will drop out to be with his wife?

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
well regardless that should make for a good finish, considering the other avilable terrain around.

Just read a new article today and now it says it will indeed finish on the Muur 3 times the next 5 years. Pretty cool!

maltiv said:
Hushovd's wife is pregnant again. Unfortunately the baby is scheduled to be born in July (during TDF).

I'm starting to suspect that Hushovd is actually planning to skip the TDF, which would explain the Giro participation. He said last week that he would do the TDF though, but will BMC include him on the team if there's a great risk that he will drop out to be with his wife?

Trying to remember Beyond The Peloton, wasn't his last one born during the Tour?

edit: oh it might've been Ronde or San Remo actually

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it belongs here, just a pic i find is cool:

компания-каша.jpg

TRENDING THREADS