• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders General topic for riders who don't deserve their own thread (yet)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Quite old "news", but I think it's a rather cool detail that for Demare's 14 wins this season, Guarnieri was present for 13 of those. No prize for guessing which one he wasn't present for!

The top 10 domestiques of 2020 | Cyclingnews

Though it does beg the question; how many French riders does it take to replace one Guarnieri?

I think the exchange rate is two Frenchmen to one Guarnieri unless Cherel is one of them.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

Last edited:
Going through the conti-teams for next year - yes, I'm weird - and came across this:

Here's Mick Van Dijke

mick-van-dijke-2020.jpeg

And here's Tim Van Dijke

tim-van-dijke-2020.jpeg

Yeah, if they ever turn pro, I'm gonna need a cheat-sheet! And I think there might be a slight mistake with (one of?) their profiles, because apparently they weren't born the same place. For their mother's sake, I hope that isn't true.

Going through the conti-teams for next year - yes, I'm weird - and came across this:

Here's Mick Van Dijke

mick-van-dijke-2020.jpeg

And here's Tim Van Dijke

tim-van-dijke-2020.jpeg

Yeah, if they ever turn pro, I'm gonna need a cheat-sheet! And I think there might be a slight mistake with (one of?) their profiles, because apparently they weren't born the same place. For their mother's sake, I hope that isn't true.

They might not be twins, but just have the same father though.

Today's most popular rider on PCS:

Because why not?

I'm not even sure he exists.

I think this might be one of those cases, where the Most Popular Rider list becomes a self-fulfilling "prophecy". People see some random rider at - or near - the top, goes "who dis?", and clicks the profile.

• Wow
There's an even more interesting piece of data on PCS if you scroll down the statistics page.
Among the most researched h2h you will find some usual suspects like:
  • MVDP vs WVA
  • Remco vs Pogi
  • Sagan vs Cav
But 5 of the top8 most popular head-to-head on PCS involve someone called Clancy (in one case even against Van der Breggen...).
I looked it up and there are two riders with Clancy as a family name in the PCS database: Stephen and Edward. I really have no clue about this.

• Wow
There's an even more interesting piece of data on PCS if you scroll down the statistics page.
Among the most researched h2h you will find some usual suspects like:
  • MVDP vs WVA
  • Remco vs Pogi
  • Sagan vs Cav
But 5 of the top8 most popular head-to-head on PCS involve someone called Clancy (in one case even against Van der Breggen...).
I looked it up and there are two riders with Clancy as a family name in the PCS database: Stephen and Edward. I really have no clue about this.

Something is rotten in the statistics of PCS.

Of course but why was he there in the first place?
I think it's like RHD said. If by chance the first rider to get a profile view after the stats get reset at the beginning of a new day, is an unknown rider, it suffices to get a website visitor right after to see that name and say "hey, who's this guy? - Let's find out!"... and so he clicks it as well and you get a snowball effect.

• Wow

TRENDING THREADS