• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders General topic for riders who don't deserve their own thread (yet)

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Does anybody know what happened to Honoré yesterday? I think it's quite worrying that the team hasn't issued a statement and does not respond to media who ask about him and that Pogacar wrote that he was lucky to escape with a broken wrist when the guy who fell before him (Honoré) came off far worse :(

He just posted on Instagram. Luckily 'only' some road rash and a concussion.

So 19 year old Pellizzari looked good today. With him, Martinelli and Pinarello Bardiani have some solid u23 guys on their team and Henok Mulubrhan also looks like an interesting guy for one day races/stagehunting. This year the team is actually looking a lot better when it comes to developing riders.
Bardiani is on the right track, the team management has invested in equipment and staff compared to previous years. I can see them winning a Giro stage.

Bardiani is on the right track, the team management has invested in equipment and staff compared to previous years. I can see them winning a Giro stage.

Great thing is, they have been in the pro peloton since 1982, so for more than 40 years. That‘s incredible.

Scroll and see the team‘s names here:

Good memories, when I think of the Giro Contador won: Sella was amazing back then!… :)

Reactions: Sandisfan
Nizzolo not selected for the Giro by Israel. Sure, he has been bad the whole year but so has the rest of the team. I see that PCS have him down for the Tour so maybe it was a plan from the start? Then again, they didn't know they would have Pozzovivo from the start of the year, so it seems a bit random.

Given his career path and some ancient posts I found on this forum, I guess it's because he's a good mate of Gianni Moscon.
This, he's Moscon's riding buddy. The guy can do some decent work as part of a sprint train, but it's hard to disagree with the fact that he hasn't done a lot since 2018.
With him and Davide Martinelli (who has worked as a leadout man for Gaviria, Boonen and Kittel at Quickstep) Astana could actually work on a capable sprint train, but Martinelli also fell off a cliff, results and form wise, when he left Quickstep.

Trek seems to be on the Nys hypetrain themselves. They didn't expect him to be this good this soon, but they don't seem to rule out him beating Van der Poel in Baloise Belgium Tour. They intent to sit together at the end of the season to see if/which GT he will ride next year.

Reactions: SafeBet
Felix Gall is the man we should speak about…

Rode away with 20k to go, and beat an elite group by more than one minute today.

He has become extremely strong. A man for a Top-10 in TdF GC? This year there‘s not much ITT in the Tour…
I wonder how we should gauge this performance. Is the level at the Tour de Suisse just not that high, or is Gall ready to vie for AG2R team leadership with O'Connor? So far I'm inclined to think the former.

I wonder how we should gauge this performance. Is the level at the Tour de Suisse just not that high, or is Gall ready to vie for AG2R team leadership with O'Connor? So far I'm inclined to think the former.
Gall was allowed to ride away because neither Skjelmose or Evenepoel saw him as an immediate threat. The level is definitely lower than in Dauphiné, so O'Connor shouldn't be worried if he keeps his current level. That said, Gall is obviously in very good form himself and might be able to win a stage in the Tour if he gets the chance.

So far the level isn't that high at the TdS. As far as I know his actual weight is 66kg, but looks like he rode the climbs at threshold when he attacked yesterday and didn't go that deep.

FynFK_YWYAE8aWz

Gall was allowed to ride away because neither Skjelmose or Evenepoel saw him as an immediate threat. The level is definitely lower than in Dauphiné, so O'Connor shouldn't be worried if he keeps his current level. That said, Gall is obviously in very good form himself and might be able to win a stage in the Tour if he gets the chance.
The way Remco dropped at every acceleration I really don't think he'd have been able to ride him down without loosing time/getting dropped in the end. Other than that I agree with you, I don't think he was much better than the other top climbers in the race.

TRENDING THREADS