• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Geraint Thomas, the next british hope

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
Visit site
Yeah yeah Foxxy, we went over it, are you going to stir the pot some more?

I'm sure Bernie can take some abuse, especially since it's now dropped. It's rare to see a frequent poster here who isnt as good in dealing out slaps as receiving them. :D

*A bit tired of all this infighting*

Bernie does the "They dope, but I post about how stupid everyone else is for talking about doping, and I post almost exclusively in threads related to Sky, and attack posters who attack Sky" dance that we've seen with Armstrong fans. If anyone bothered to read my original post, I clearly stated that he does the "They dope, defend dopers anyway" dance. It is a dishonest debate tactic to disarm you opposition by admitting their point, and then turn and attack them personally. It has the exact effect of defending that which you claim not to.

As for the other dude who has a picture of me on his wall, nobody takes him seriously anyway. Reactionaries like him have no credibility to anyone.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Franklin said:
Yeah yeah Foxxy, we went over it, are you going to stir the pot some more?

I'm sure Bernie can take some abuse, especially since it's now dropped. It's rare to see a frequent poster here who isnt as good in dealing out slaps as receiving them. :D

*A bit tired of all this infighting*

I was reading page by page... so didnt know the party was already over. All good...

Re:

ChewbaccaDefense said:
As was pointed out by an astute member of The Twitter: If Sagan (6'0" 163) was riding the way Thomas (6'0" 157) was riding, EVERYONE would be losing their minds...seems there is a lot of silence coming from a certain island about the Thomas stuff though...
That .96% weight difference is the difference between a sprinter and a climber. :cool:

Re: Re:

Hugh Januss said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:
As was pointed out by an astute member of The Twitter: If Sagan (6'0" 163) was riding the way Thomas (6'0" 157) was riding, EVERYONE would be losing their minds...seems there is a lot of silence coming from a certain island about the Thomas stuff though...
That .96% weight difference is the difference between a sprinter and a climber. :cool:

I think the lesson is that Oleg needs to start criticizing Sagan's pudgy a$$ instead of his lack of wins...he could win the Tour by next year with just 6 more pounds of loss.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Hugh Januss said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:

Don't tell this to Brailsfraud, or they'll make him Cavbeating machine that turns CanceTommeke-beater on cobbles in spring and ContiQuintabeater in July

Love this photo:

le-tour-france-2015-stage-20150716-162801-257.jpg

Even Froome is like..... wtf?

Awesome Pic. I guess Thomas can handle hard multiclimb stages. I had my doubts before today.

Sesame Street:One Of These Things Lyrics

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Bernie's eyesore said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:
Bernie's eyesore said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:
Franklin said:
Agreed. If we stick to the facts it's more than enough.

If someone corrects a datapoint or shows the incriminating data does not work does not automatically make that person an appologist. Sometimes the mobmentality here is harming the truthfinding.

We all know Thomas is glowing. Comparing today with a day when he broke his pelvis is flatout stupid.

This same poster has been defending Thomas' team pretty consistently, you'll have to excuse those of us who read all of it, and question his motives now... :rolleyes:

Feel free to give me some examples.

Feel free to read your own posts.

I'll take it you don't have any then. Thanks.
Mix in a read or two brah. That's all he's saying. Mirror type comment.

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Great picture. Even Froome looks like he is glad that he already put minutes into Thomas.
Contador just angry.
Quintana looks like Thomas broke his heart.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Re:

SlickMongoose said:
Love this photo:

Great pic. I like this one too;

2rm1is4.jpg

Let's not forget Thomas had a pretty stellar spring and was definitely the strongest rider at G-W even after this crash.

I like the analogy to Sagan. This display today was not normal.

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Love that picture - Froome looks concerned :p

Thomas probably wouldn't be allowed to podium this year. And Thomas/Froome probably would not be allowed to win TdF next year, but I think Thomas has shown to be a superior enough overall responder to do it. And anyway, if all this is as scripted and pre-determined as I suspect it is, a la WWF, Sky needs to take a year off next year anyway - two years in a row - don't risk it. This podium - it's just too obvious to put 2 riders on the podium, but I suppose it's tempting, as we saw at the Giro. At least Contador won that, not the 2 Astana riders. If I were directing this blockbuster sport performance and banking on the blind masses to continue to suspend disbelief: no Astana riders would win anymore this year, after the Giro. Tinkoff/Contador doesn't get le Tour - maybe the Vuelta.

Too much hubris to put 2 Sky riders on the podium for this act: Froome, Tejay, Quintana - sure, why not. Thomas has to wait it out - but I do like him more than Froome as a cyclist and as dopers go. Still cycling is messed up - too messed up to ever take seriously. A shame too, I love cycling in general. Pro cycling...not so much now. And yet, I watched the entire stage today and got involved cheering the underdogs on hahaha... Would like the script to fail completely somehow, some way.

Re:

ChewbaccaDefense said:

There were more than a few raised eyebrows after the ToC this year.

SeriousSam said:
SlickMongoose said:
Love this photo:

000_app1999092432340_670.jpg
Uncanny. If it wasn't for Vadenbroucke the colors would match up superbly. Though to be fair his bleach-blonde hair matches Thomas' Protone nicely.

Is that really young looking Triki Beltran in the middle between Ullrich and Heras? And is it me or does Gonzalez de Galdeano look like Éomer?

TRENDING THREADS