• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2015: Stage 12: Imola – Vicenza (Monte Berico)

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
As I stated, Aru clearly has some issues. Otherwise he would've beaten Contador in this sprint, just like he did last week!

The strange thing is, that Aru was expected to be in top-shape from Saturday on. He stated himself multiple times, that his peak will be for the last week. Now, in fact he was stronge than expected last week already, but clearly has become weaker now.

Maybe he is just saving it? Trying to jut get through this week and then use all his energy from Saturday on? You know what a mean. In that case I expect him to be much much stronger on Saturday / Sunday and Tuesday!

Either that, or he's health issues and/or is fatigued!

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
f5qyvv1.png

Re:

Asero831 said:
this stage proved that Giro have less talent that the tour. Huge gaps on a hilly stage

A lot of riders probably took it very slowly down that second descent after the crashes on the first descent. Time does not matter to 80%+ of the field anyway. No reason to take even the slightest risk in the wet when there is nothing to gain.

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Great Gilbert. Very poor by Astana and quite a weak Aru. I Still think they had to try something in that downhill. It's only 17 seconds but it seems like minutes now.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

coppino said:
Great Gilbert. Very poor by Astana and quite a weak Aru. I Still think they had to try something in that downhill. It's only 17 seconds but it seems like minutes now.

Will be minutes in 2 days.

TRENDING THREADS