• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2015: Stage 12: Imola – Vicenza (Monte Berico)

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

DenisMenchov said:
Pippo_San said:
So is Duran Duran getting back to business? Looked good today

He may well accomplish a hat-trick of 2nd places in the Giro.
I'm thinking this too. Even though this Giro was already demanding in the beginning, it's from now on that gaps can be huge. You need to have top shape the last 8 stages (from Saturday), and Uran looks like he's gaining form while Aru seems to be losing form. I don't know about Porte.

Edit: great, classic Gilbert win

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

DenisMenchov said:
arvc40 said:
SeriousSam said:
arvc40 said:
Contador is is megsismega strong. That strength will show in TT
Relative to this field, anyway. Remember that FQN aren't here.

Tour will be great. Contador will be in top form by then and beat Froome again

It's not going to be Vuelta 2012 again.

No its not. Contador will be even more superior.

May 20, 2015
Visit site

No_Balls said:
coppino said:
Miburo said:
coppino said:
Great Gilbert. Very poor by Astana and quite a weak Aru. I Still think they had to try something in that downhill. It's only 17 seconds but it seems like minutes now.

Will be minutes in 2 days.
It's very possible but you never know.

Yeah about that we know.
I hope for him that Contador doesn't share this hubris.

Good stage again, Aru is not good with rain, but he has a very strong team.

I happy that although Rigo has pain in his back, he managed to be with the best today in all the key points of the stage. A pity that 3+6 seconds lost with Contador, but at least 3 secobt to Aru.

Contador is strong and is clever, but a long ITT is not his best. Wewill see, he is lucky he has for bad luck Rigo and Porte far away.

It's much more like a shortish Mur de Huy than the Cauberg. The lenght of the effort was definitely longer and drag was much smaller, I also liked that it was steep all the way to the line. Really, really like this finish, Italy has much better terrain for Ardennish classics than Belgium and Holland

Meanwhile, De Cauwer suggesting Cookson be carefull cuz Contador might punch him if he's not

arvc40 said:
DenisMenchov said:
arvc40 said:
SeriousSam said:
arvc40 said:

Tour will be great. Contador will be in top form by then and beat Froome again

It's not going to be Vuelta 2012 again.

No its not. Contador will be even more superior.

I'd like Contador to beat him, I'm just saying that we never really saw top-form Alberto vs top-form Chris

Fernandez said:
OlavEH said:
Fernandez said:
Gilbert thanks god Valverde wasnt there

Well, Gilbert is probably faster than Valverde if the hill isn't too step and both have reasonably fresh legs.
I dont think Gilbert has ever won a sprint to Valverde

He won Amstel last year. Valverde was nr 4. He didn't manage to follow Gilbert on Cauberg this year either. If the finish had been on the top like earlier, Gilbert would have beaten Valverde.

On the other hand, Valverde is stronger and have more endurance the Gilbert. In LBL the last couple of years, Gilbert just didn't have the legs and was beaten by riders who normally is much slower than him in a hilly sprint.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Giro d'Italia 2015: Stage 12: Imola – Vicenza (Monte Ber

Such a promising start to the Giro but it looks like the 2nd half of this Giro is going to be a quite boring relative to the first half. In terms on the GC victory at least. :eek:

Re:

Red Rick said:
It's much more like a shortish Mur de Huy than the Cauberg. The lenght of the effort was definitely longer and drag was much smaller, I also liked that it was steep all the way to the line. Really, really like this finish, Italy has much better terrain for Ardennish classics than Belgium and Holland

Meanwhile, De Cauwer suggesting Cookson be carefull cuz Contador might punch him if he's not

What has Cookson done to Contador?

Re:

mrhender said:
f5qyvv1.png

We've forgotten the crackers, Gromit!

coppino said:
Not Contador's style. He'll talk about respecting opponents and the like, but today he definitely showed everyone that he is clearly the best rider in this race. I think TT day will be even trickier for him now: he knows he's the strongest and he won't want to push his shoulder but, though he can play a defensive game if he has to, playing it safe is not his style either.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

SeriousSam said:
arvc40 said:

See, I don't think FQN would've been much closer to gilbert today, on such punchy climb. :eek:

And beating Ulissi. Because that looked like an uphill sprint. They wouldn't have done better, Contador is really strong.

May 20, 2015
Visit site

carton said:
coppino said:
Not Contador's style. He'll talk about respecting opponents and the like, but today he definitely showed everyone that he is clearly the best rider in this race. I think TT day will be even trickier for him now: he knows he's the strongest and he won't want to push his shoulder but, though he can play a defensive game if he has to, playing it safe is not his style either.
I thought the "thing" with his shoulder was over days ago... It is not causing him any problem of sort. He'll ride to his best or to what he think is sufficient but the shoulder is really not a concern.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

BlurryVII said:
SeriousSam said:
arvc40 said:

See, I don't think FQN would've been much closer to gilbert today, on such punchy climb. :eek:

And beating Ulissi. Because that looked like an uphill sprint. They wouldn't have done better, Contador is really strong.
Neither arvc40 nor I were talking about uphill sprint strength but climbing/TTing.

TRENDING THREADS