• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 11: Porto S.Elpidio – Rimini 182 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
lol I like sprints. I’m nearly the only person who frequently comments in all the top sprinters’ rider threads! I just don’t want another one tomorrow. And other than Demare, who has been excellent, the sprinting here so far has been very poor anyway.
That’s a bit of a self-referencing valuation, isn’t it? “Other than the 3 wins by the dominant sprinter in the race, who also happens to be the dominant sprinter on the WT this season, the sprinting’s been poor.” Sagan’s been picking up the same top 5s in Italy as he did in France (until today, obv).

That’s a bit of a self-referencing valuation, isn’t it? “Other than the 3 wins by the dominant sprinter in the race, who also happens to be the dominant sprinter on the WT this season, the sprinting’s been poor.” Sagan’s been picking up the same top 5s in Italy as he did in France (until today, obv).

Sagan hasn’t been picking up the same top 5s. He’s been the clear number 2 sprinter. His only real rival for second fastest sprinter here, and clear number three, has been Michael Matthews. After that it has just been random guys mixed around each day. Neither Sagan nor Matthews has won a single big bunch sprint this season. Or in a year and a half in fact. In any level of race. Am I supposed to consider that strong competition because there are also in theory very fast sprinters in the field who are rolling in 12th?

As for dominant WT sprinter, at the risk of being further assumed to be running down a rider I have in fact liked and regularly cheered for for years, I should point out that Demare’s last WT win before this Giro was also a year and a half ago.

Last edited:
So many spoilt babies on this forum. GTs used to have loads of flat, sprint stages but if organisers dare to give the sprinters the odd chance to shine loads of people burst into tears on here because there isn’t a 36% wall in the final km.
So your point is that like always have been many flat stages so then is what always should be.
LOL
The truth is the vast majority of people dont like flat stages like this so the less of them the better.

Reactions: hayneplane
Sagan hasn’t been picking up the same top 5s. He’s been the clear number 2 sprinter. His only real rival for second fastest sprinter here, and clear number three, has been Michael Matthews. After that it has just been random guys mixed around each day. Neither Sagan nor Matthews has won a single big bunch sprint this season. Or in a year and a half in fact. In any level of race. Am I supposed to consider that strong competition because there are also in theory very fast sprinters in the field who are rolling in 12th?

As for dominant WT sprinter, at the risk of being further assumed to be running down a rider I have in fact liked and regularly cheered for for years, I should point out that Demare’s last WT win before this Giro was also a year and a half ago.
I believe Bling won Bretagne Classic.

Some of the statements/arguments in here remind me of Movistar tactics. As in they make no sense.

Are you talking about me?

Zinoviev wrote that Matthews hadn't won a bunch sprint in more than a year and a half.

Then you wrote that he had won the Bretagne Classic.

Which he did but it wasn't from a bunch sprint.

I don't really know how my posts don't make sense. You know what a bunch sprint is, right?

TRENDING THREADS