[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 76 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 7, 2010
121
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
the fact that the Lord Mayor is the mayor of Melbourne means that it would be kind of silly of him hosting an event not in the area where he is the mayor. Don't be silly. Melbourne CBD is a central place so it is rather logical that you would have it in the city. The only reason Doyle was at the event is because the event was held there. Again, if the event was planned to be held in the bayside areas he wouldn't turn up.
silly me. silly to think that a good idea for promoting something like greenedge would be to go where you can guarantee a crowd of fans. better to have a fat guy in a robe and necklace hey? i think you've spectacularly missed my point - that for all doyle's lip-service to cycling (and if you lived and commuted here you'd know all about it) he is not going to mean squat to greenedge compared to the 10,000 or so down beach road every saturday morning.
 
Jul 30, 2009
1,621
0
0
Tuarts said:
Please Andy, we get you don't care/hate/have an agenda against GreenEdge. However, if you're just going to troll everything and turn every little "problem" they encounter into a Guy Fawkes day for yourself, do you think you'd just be better off not posting?
Sorry.

I guess I was. (without really realising it!)

Though to be honest, it's not as though I've ever said anything too below the belt, is it??! There hasn't as yet been anything to put a positive spin on has there?

Read the posts. It's not just me.

I have nothing against GE. I have worked for Aussie Conti teams in the past, and really, I wish them all the best.
 
Training Ride

Are the GE boys still in Melbourne? If yes, would be keeping a watching eye out for them training around the Kyneton area.
Greenedge is racing today after being scratched last week due to the heavy 9 track. Race 7 at Kyneton at 1520hrs. Small field but still paying $6. Even if not training, I wonder if any of the team will be there...hmmm.
 
Wilba60 said:
Are the GE boys still in Melbourne? If yes, would be keeping a watching eye out for them training around the Kyneton area.
Greenedge is racing today after being scratched last week due to the heavy 9 track. Race 7 at Kyneton at 1520hrs. Small field but still paying $6. Even if not training, I wonder if any of the team will be there...hmmm.
I'll have a go!
 
Aug 30, 2009
271
0
0
Wilba60 said:
Are the GE boys still in Melbourne? If yes, would be keeping a watching eye out for them training around the Kyneton area.
Greenedge is racing today after being scratched last week due to the heavy 9 track. Race 7 at Kyneton at 1520hrs. Small field but still paying $6. Even if not training, I wonder if any of the team will be there...hmmm.
It's race 5 and I've put a few towards it :p
 
Thankyou very much Greenedge. Anyone who owns a Melbourne Cup winner isn't going to have a nag going around :)
I was mulling over a GE membership the last week and have gone the Peleton package now....seeing as the TAB have paid for more than half of it.
Hope that more than 2 from the forum got on board but well done to you both and hope you won some good cash.
 
Aug 30, 2009
271
0
0
Wilba60 said:
Thankyou very much Greenedge. Anyone who owns a Melbourne Cup winner isn't going to have a nag going around :)
I was mulling over a GE membership the last week and have gone the Peleton package now....seeing as the TAB have paid for more than half of it.
Hope that more than 2 from the forum got on board but well done to you both and hope you won some good cash.
Haha Greenedge funding Greenedge.

Will definitely put more on next time even though the odds are unlikely to be as generous. Ryan knows what he's doing with horses.
 
May 25, 2010
3,371
0
0
Too late to this. Had a look at the scratched race and I wasn't going to put anything on that one, didn't look right. Didn't realise it had been re-scheduled.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
GreenEdge DS's for 2012 have been confirmed by Gregor Brown.
N Stephens, M White, L Marie, L Lapage, V Algeri and D Nardello
Interesting to see Nardello has become a DS. Has he been with any other teams before?
 
auscyclefan94 said:
GreenEdge DS's for 2012 have been confirmed by Gregor Brown.


Interesting to see Nardello has become a DS. Has he been with any other teams before?
lucky aussies.matt white and stephens know the game.in two years,greenedge will dominate like sky.looking forward to the first races.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
Wilba60 said:
ACF, imagine what Gerry will give to any GE rider who pulls off a big victory.
Well, Goss may get a red white and green car for a victory in MSR.

In saying that, it is most likely a one-off as Cadel seems to enjoy cars.
 
May 6, 2009
8,524
1
0
theyoungest said:
I think he was a DS at Geox this year. From one dodgy team to another :p
Along with ex-Festina rider Neil Stephens and former DS for Saiz, Caisse, and then Movistar. Dang.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY