• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 80 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

boomcie said:
LOL. That's one sh*tty website. It's even worse than the team itself, who would have guessed.

and to think, theres people say the sky fansite is crap. I would say that the sky fansite is better than the official site of at least one world tour team.. :D

Shocking they dont even have the riders on there..

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Greenedge can always pretend Caleb Ewan is one of their riders. Kind of get him into a promotional video like they did last year with Cadel Evans.

A

Anonymous

Apparently the Greenedge website is going to be relaunched in mid january

(they want it to be more edgy)

Seriously, its being relaunched.

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Apparently the Greenedge website is going to be relaunched in mid january

(they want it to be more edgy)

Seriously, its being relaunched.

They may want to represent the team at the same time after the debacle that passed for a team launch recently. They could could stream it via the new site (a la RSNT). Perhaps on Monday 16 Jan from Adelaide with a captive audience.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Really should read "we won't allow it" but the written language is not an Australian strong suit.

You've shown a propensity for facetiousness in the past, so maybe you're being facetious? Probably not, just your standard denigration of anyone and anything. Get back over to the LA thread, Polish and ChrisE need your knowledge, limited that it is.

If your reading tastes extend further than the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition (out Tuesday :D), try some of these -

http://blog.booktopia.com.au/2011/01/11/50-must-read-australian-novels-as-voted-by-you-in-2010/

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I just put my money where my mouth is and bought the basic $77 membership. Price was not an issue, there just wasnt anything in the other memberships that interested me. I am really buying the Tshirt and the E newsletter.

Hanging out with the boys with a Podium membership, youd be as popular as a turd in a swimming pool, be nice to the sponsors boys, groan.

lampre-fat-boy.jpg

No marquees on race days, thats so sad, its pretty much standard fare in the cycling world. I expected that to be included in one of the memberships. No membership card either, they could have made a very sexy one and hooked it up to discounts. No Team presentation night dinner? geeze who doesnt have one of those for members?

Anyway Im glad to be a supporter of our first real Pro team.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
This is cycling. All your support amounts to is money handed over for free "legitimately". You're like a sponsor without any perks. :D

Your Own Club

You could always start your own club and call it "I have been so successful in life, business and my sporting career that I can now bag anything and everything that I can find"
Membership application would have to have a covenant that you are not to find the good in anything you see :(
Better check my spelling and grammar is correct and can submit.
Oh yes....well done to the winners of the Nationals, Spratt and Gerrans. Damn have probably banned myself from the new club. Oh well!

A few of the GE riders are new to me and after watching the Willy bay crit and the Nationals today, I must day Durbridge is a very impressive rider. I didn't expect such a young rider to shoulder so much of the work. Maybe those who know him better could talk about where he may go.
Others to impress today at the Nationals were Clarke (William), Sutton, Von Hoff and Bernie Sulzberger.

Wilba60 said:
A few of the GE riders are new to me and after watching the Willy bay crit and the Nationals today, I must day Durbridge is a very impressive rider. I didn't expect such a young rider to shoulder so much of the work. Maybe those who know him better could talk about where he may go.
Others to impress today at the Nationals were Clarke (William), Sutton, Von Hoff and Bernie Sulzberger.
Durbridge is a very promising young rider, a powerful rouleur who is current world U23 TT champ and was unlucky to finish second to Taylor Phinney the year before. He is too big to ever really be a climber but has big potential for the classics, especially on the cobbles.

42x16ss said:
Durbridge is a very promising young rider, a powerful rouleur who is current world U23 TT champ and was unlucky to finish second to Taylor Phinney the year before. He is too big to ever really be a climber but has big potential for the classics, especially on the cobbles.
Durbridge is the biggest talent to join the pro peloton this year IMO. I think he could already win a few time trials, actually maybe he could even win the national title in two days.

The kid is scary! Shame he wasn't available for Tour de L'Avenir last year, as he would have smashed Hepburn and Dennis in the prologue.

Durbridge may well be capable of a podium in the TT, there is some string competition though. I also hope he gets to ride Roubaix this year just for the experience.

TRENDING THREADS