• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
May 19, 2011
Visit site
Alejandro Valverde (Movistar): “After all bad luck that we had, we could get through the day well. When I crashed I was perfectly positioned, within the first ten of the bunch, but some rider hit me from the left side, broke my gearing and made me hit the tarmac; it was quite a blow. I spent some seconds on the ground hurting, but Rojas came fast to give me his bike and all the team was sensational, always by my side. I had to do the final 60 kilometers, with all cobblestones on the route, with a seatpost 2.5cm shorter than mine, but it was really impossible to switch bikes before the finish, because it was ‘full gas.’… We must stay happy, because even though we lost quite a bit of time against Nibali, we didn’t concede much to others, and even won some seconds to riders like Alberto… It’s obvious that Nibali is proving to be strong, as well as Fuglsang and all his team, but this has just started and there’s all to play for in this Tour. Anything can happen. On the other hand, I wasn’t aware of what happened to Froome. I did see Zandio crashed, but not him. I was so focused on my racing that I couldn’t realize about anything happening around. I want to thank the team again because they were brilliant today. Before the crash, we were in perfect position, and they took their hearts out for me afterwards. We will see how my body responds tomorrow.”

Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2014...our-peloton-reacts_335295#PEZ8ygDT2Fx30FPe.99

He was Amazing today!!! Total warrior :). I'm hoping he makes it to the podium but he put in Hugh efforts at Le Tour and sooner or later will pay for his efforts here to date.

Frankly I just don't understand why so many people dislike him, it is perplexing!

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
He's disliked for his tactics in the past, his wheelsucking and boring riding, clinic stuff, etc. I'm sure there are other reasons.

Even though I was really hoping Purito would pull it off, he did ride great today. More of that kind of riding and less wheel sucking please. :)

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, heavyweights like Pinot and Peraud would clearly dominate the Vuelta if only they took part. Wait, I just checked and Pinot IS taking part. Minutes down already. Hm.

I have no doubt that Valverde will crack in the last week, but it still amazes me that people think so little of the abilities he has. You know, cause there is no way that Nibali could be anywhere near Froome, AC, Quintana, so it must mean that the people this 2nd rate rider beats comfortably like Valverde must be absolutely rubbish...

TRENDING THREADS