• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 204 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
thehog said:
So Froome is near an infants age? Got it :cool: but hasn't got it.

ummm ok, relevancy? :rolleyes:

Another deflection - I never once said Froome is near an infants age. You are the one who started pulling out the kids illnesses. Why don't you just face it - I quoted a page that had 3 reasons why and adult may take Prednisolone:

1 - MS. Froome doesn't have this AFAIK
2 - BD. I said this sounded the nearest to what he might have
3 - Anti-inflammatory. Maybe this is what he had - inflammation of the lungs / chest?

Two of those could be what Froome was treated for. I quoted the dosage for #2, and oh look - the dosage for #3 is between 5 and 60mg / day. In line with what he took.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
ebandit said:
Good....that is what TUES are for.....enabling athletes to get back to their natural form

Scep and Hog....both angry because cough medicine works :)

Mark L

Sure Mark. FRoome went from being so sick that he had to call for an emergency TUE to totally healthy just like that.

I know logic is hard for sky fans, but you are really going off the deep end on this one.

thehog said:
Mark L said it was reviewed, did he not? I've not seen the reasoned decision. I'd like to see it, wouldn't you?

Well, as I said, I don't expect there to be a RD unless it goes against the fed / rider. Why would there be? And even if there was, why would we see it. WADA made a statement - it was reported on CyclingNews. Are you saying you now don't believe anything reported on the internet?

TheSpud said:
Well, as I said, I don't expect there to be a RD unless it goes against the fed / rider. Why would there be? And even if there was, why would we see it. WADA made a statement - it was reported on CyclingNews. Are you saying you now don't believe anything reported on the internet?

You don't expect?

I've checked 8.10, doesn't say anything with respect to only publishing if goes against fed / rider.

Are you saying you don't believe anything published by WADA?

8.10 WADA shall communicate the reasoned decision of the WADA TUEC promptly to the Athlete and to his/her National Anti-Doping Organization and International Federation (and, if applicable, the Major Event Organization).

:rolleyes:

daveyt

BANNED
Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Sure Mark. FRoome went from being so sick that he had to call for an emergency TUE to totally healthy just like that.

I know logic is hard for sky fans, but you are really going off the deep end on this one.

He was coughing a lot, the medicine stopped the cough.

Why is that mind boggling?

thehog said:
You don't expect?

I've checked 8.10, doesn't say anything with respect to only publishing if goes against fed / rider.

Are you saying you don't believe anything published by WADA?

:rolleyes:

You're right - 8.10 doesn't say that, but 8.9 does. As usual Hog you're quoting out of context:

[font=Verdana,Bold][font=Verdana,Bold] 8.9 [/font][/font]Where the[font=Verdana,Italic][font=Verdana,Italic]WADA [/font][/font]TUEC reverses a[font=Verdana,Italic][font=Verdana,Italic]TUE [/font][/font]decision that[font=Verdana,Italic][font=Verdana,Italic]WADA [/font][/font]has decided in its discretion to review,[font=Verdana,Italic][font=Verdana,Italic]WADA [/font][/font]may require the[font=Verdana,Italic][font=Verdana,Italic]Anti-Doping Organization [/font][/font]that made the decision to pay the costs incurred by[font=Verdana,Italic][font=Verdana,Italic]WADA [/font][/font]in respect of that review.[font=Verdana,Bold][font=Verdana,Bold]
[/font][/font][font=Verdana,Italic][font=Verdana,Italic]WADA [/font][/font]shall communicate the reasoned decision of the[font=Verdana,Italic][font=Verdana,Italic]WADA [/font][/font]TUEC
promptly to the
[font=Verdana,Italic][font=Verdana,Italic]Athlete [/font][/font]and to his/her[font=Verdana,Italic][font=Verdana,Italic]National Anti-Doping Organization [/font][/font]and International Federation (and, if applicable, the[font=Verdana,Italic][font=Verdana,Italic]Major Event Organization[/font][/font]).

If you read the whole of section 8 its quite clear that 8.10 follows from 8.9 - its how official documents work.

TheSpud said:
Another deflection - I never once said Froome is near an infants age. You are the one who started pulling out the kids illnesses. Why don't you just face it - I quoted a page that had 3 reasons why and adult may take Prednisolone:

1 - MS. Froome doesn't have this AFAIK
2 - BD. I said this sounded the nearest to what he might have
3 - Anti-inflammatory. Maybe this is what he had - inflammation of the lungs / chest?

Two of those could be what Froome was treated for. I quoted the dosage for #2, and oh look - the dosage for #3 is between 5 and 60mg / day. In line with what he took.

"Could", "maybe", "never said". Very good. Remind me not to go see you next time I'm sick :rolleyes:

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
"Could", "maybe", "never said". Very good. Remind me not to go see you next time I'm sick :rolleyes:

Looks like Martin is back to his old tricks of making threads unbearable.

Think I'll leave until it gets sorted out by the mods.

thehog said:
Its late as well. So you know what that means...

What? Its dark outside???

Or does it mean you are going to deflect and not actually answer the points people have asked you about?

I'm not even asking for links or facts, just why you have made your opinion up that the TUE wasn't reviewed.

And you can't accuse me of trolling or getting personal - I'm not spoiling for a fight, just asking you to justify your position. I think that's fair in a public forum, don't you?

ebandit said:
The medicine made him better, Scep, that is why he took it.

Mark L

Actually the meds did not make him better. I helped him race better. Prednisolone will treat the symptoms of the illness which enables the body to go about its business of healing.
About predisolone though, even if one is not ill, taking will then be classified as a PED. Which frankly in regards to Froome that really appears to be the case. That is why it is generally forbidden.

ebandit said:
Good....that is what TUES are for.....enabling athletes to get back to their natural form

Scep and Hog....both angry because cough medicine works :)

Mark L

not-sure-if-serious-or-trolling.jpg

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
TheSpud said:
I believe Froome was prescribed 40mg of Pred (per day probably) which is nearer the upper end of the usual dosage for a human (based on easily researchable information). So, about 0.66mg per Kg (based on Froome being 66Kg) - not exactly out of range for body size.

Yes, 40mg is what we were told.

Froome was permitted to take up to 40mg of the drug a day in tablet form after Team Sky doctor Alan Farrell was given the go ahead by UCI medical director Mario Zorzoli.

I'd love to provide a link, of course, but...

this

thread

is

making

me

sleepy

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz.....

TheSpud said:
What? Its dark outside??

No Spud....let me explain....

the sceptic said:
Looks like Martin is back to his old tricks of making threads unbearable.

Think I'll leave until it gets sorted out by the mods.

thehog said:
Yes, noted. Martin back again. Its late as well. So you know what that means...

thehog said:
It was until whiskey nighty posting took over :rolleyes:

Spud......it's called baiting.....it's what these two do.

As you know Sceptic's opening gambit of 'Martin' is an accusation of sock-puppetry....which he is making yet again even though mods explicitly tell people not to....

Because the mods don't actually do anything about it, Sceptic knows he is free to do it again and again and again (whilst accusing you of being the troll.....yes, I know, amazing isn't it:rolleyes:)

....Hog follows up with an implied comment later made explicitly that you are drunk....

....this isn't because of anything to do with your posting, Spud, but because 'Martin' was Irish......and as we all know the racist caricature of the Irish is that they are drunkards

Mark L

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
TheSpud said:
You mean the fact that Walsh questioned Skys ethics when the TUE was leaked?

Not lost on me at all.

he hardly had any other choice did he, being left in his underpants by the TUE leak.
but yes, he did say some wiser things in that article.
something about Sky talking the talk but not walking the walk (which, to be sure, was clear to anybody with half a brain well prior to the TUE leak).

does anybody have a link to the full article? (not just the snippets reproduced in other media)

TRENDING THREADS