• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Johan gets served

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure the Schlecks have done, though. I find it hard to believe that Bruyneel's standard contract schpeil doesn't include something to stop you dropping out of a race by faking or exaggerating an injury. Of course, it's impossible to prove, but to me it indicates that the Schlecks are more than willing to interpret the paperwork as it suits them and deal with (or whine about dealing with) the complications later.

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Caruut said:
I'm not sure the Schlecks have done, though. I find it hard to believe that Bruyneel's standard contract schpeil doesn't include something to stop you dropping out of a race by faking or exaggerating an injury. Of course, it's impossible to prove, but to me it indicates that the Schlecks are more than willing to interpret the paperwork as it suits them and deal with (or whine about dealing with) the complications later.

The Schlecks signed with Leopard way before Bruyneel was hired as a "management consultant" or whatever his official title is. Since the team continued on the Leopard license (in stead of the Radioshack license) after the merger, I doubt there would have been new contracts made. Indeed, taking over riders who were already contracted would be the only way for Bruyneel to get his hands on these riders. No rider with any other choise would sign with him after the stunts he pulled on Contador.

If Bruyneel is only management consultant, how is he able to order around Anderson and other DS. Not normally part of job description for consultant. Or is someone else giving those orders?

@Eleven problem with HOg and Frandy is not all big egos but one enormous ego, Bruyneel, and two spoiled, petulant little children.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Team structure and money

Besides the team structure noted below (from the UCI website) don't forget that Bruyneel brought the money. Leopard was bleeding cash to fast for the backer.

RADIOSHACK-NISSAN (RNT) - LUX

Management
BRUYNEEL Johan
(General Manager)
GUERCILENA Luca
(Sports Director)
ANDERSEN Kim
(Assistant. Sports Director)
MICHAELSEN Lars
AZEVEDO José
DEMOL Dirk
GALLOPIN Alain

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Cal_Joe said:
Give it up - waste of time. You are responding to a person who has:

An annual forum anniversary (September 5) for MAKING STUFF UP.

A weekly remembrance (Tuesday) for MAKING STUFF UP.

Someone who has been suspended numerous times for MAKING STUFF UP.

I believe I do remember a post on the CN forums that, in essence, said that "he may be a Village Idiot, but he is our Village Idiot."

My guess is that poster will never be able to post anything in support of "his understanding".

Oh, thanks for the information. That explains it.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Good reason not to believe him, not much of a reason to go "Excuse me good sir, on which page and issue of the Washington Post was this published?" This sort of stuff doesn't get reported easily.

I seem to recall a note from the forum managers that claims should be supported by facts and/or links. I presume that applies to the Hog as much as the rest of us, no?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
veganrob said:
@Eleven problem with HOg and Frandy is not all big egos but one enormous ego, Bruyneel, and two spoiled, petulant little children.

Very good point, sir. I do believe that's a more accurate description than mine (and far more concise!)

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
I hope the Italians had the good sense to serve Johan some papers and detain him indefinitely.

I hope the Italians can learn from history that trying to catch people for things that were part of the sport for 50 years can be easy,if you can only delineate when it became "really"wrong. Otherwise as the record shows it is just not done.
Because all pro sports have drugs and there are very few criminal proceedings it would appear that law enforcement is very uneven or as it has been since the time of Coppi,not all that concerned.

Unless the Italians have suddenly discovered oil or natural gas running thru the canals it's best to leave JB alone and let somebody else spend the money on a long shot. There is speculation that Bonds/Clemens/Armstrong has cost @10,000,000 so far, we do have an ankle bracelet and a guy confined to his mansion to show for it.

The NFL was founded almost 100 years ago,lots of lawsuits, very little press coverage. Recently instead of the bad behavior of players being the story,now the NFL itself is named in a massive class action for design flaws in the league. The suit claims that they simply didn't protect the players at all,instead promoted them to play injured or high. If you want to fix bike racing you have to figure out why there is only a few hundred people caught out of 1000's that are part of the process. If you want to start with Johan thats cool,just is a strange starting point. He is the worst ?

Why not start with something not so stale like Marcel Kittel or a team/director/sponsor that is actively getting popped.babysteps. If anybody thinks there is a video or similar of Johan handing a bag to a rider since Lance's 3rd or 4th win or rev2 you are crazy he has been at the game way to long for that.

eleven said:
I seem to recall a note from the forum managers that claims should be supported by facts and/or links. I presume that applies to the Hog as much as the rest of us, no?
It's a rumour, and presented as such. I don't see the problem. You're free to call him out on his previous lies, and that should be enough for any innocent bystanders to draw their own conclusions about the credibility of The Hog's statement.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Funny to see Johan's daily dispatches from the Giro on the RSNT site. Wonder why he didn't do the same at the Tour of California? was he too busy driving the Team car?

Johan bragged often that he was the best doctor on the team. He was intimately involved in "The Program" so it should not be a surprise that the Feds wanted to talk to him.

Race Radio said:
Funny to see Johan's daily dispatches from the Giro on the RSNT site. Wonder why he didn't do the same at the Tour of California? was he too busy driving the Team car?

Troll babble

Stop recycling the same old stuff. Were you in the "Johan's in big trouble camp"? Won't be able to leave the US blah blah blah?

Race Radio said:

Johan bragged often that he was the best doctor on the team. He was intimately involved in "The Program" so it should not be a surprise that the Feds wanted to talk to him.

It’s funny when he doesn’t have the UCI in his pocket any longer he can’t produce champion efforts that he used to. Just like he tried with Tommy D back in the 2006 Giro. Some riders don’t want to go all Frankenstein to the levels that Hog wants.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
Stop recycling the same old stuff. Were you in the "Johan's in big trouble camp"? Won't be able to leave the US blah blah blah?

What? Were did I say Johan would not be able to leave the US? In fact I wrote

Race Radio said:
I have not heard anything about him being charged or being the target of a possible criminal charge so he is free to go once he responds to the subpoena and talks to the friendly men from the government.

Your anger is misdirected. It is not my fault Armstrong and his buddies are in trouble.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Your anger is misdirected. It is not my fault Armstrong and his buddies are in trouble.

"Lance and his buddies are in trouble".
That just never gets old RR.

It IS old of course. Like the age group tri-geeks just trying to finish.

Hang in there, you will make it. Get an "A" for effort. Small group of family and friends at the finish will hand over the medal. Pats on the back and hugs. That is the important thing. Does not matter if you walk across the finish line. Pats and hugs.

Of course the charity riders who crawl across the finish are awesome too. Pats and hugs for them too.

Polish said:

Hang in there, you will make it. Get an "A" for effort. Small group of family and friends at the finish will hand over the medal. Pats on the back and hugs. That is the important thing. Does not matter if you walk across the finish line. Pats and hugs.

Of course the charity riders who crawl across the finish are awesome too. Pats and hugs for them too.

What do you think about the 'Airport incident,' Polish? Do you doubt Bruyneel was served with a subpoena? If you think he was served, what do you think it indicates?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
What do you think about the 'Airport incident,' Polish? Do you doubt Bruyneel was served with a subpoena? If you think he was served, what do you think it indicates?

they were just big fans looking for an autograph. For famous people like Johan airports are always a hassle

MarkvW said:

C'mon Mark, get serious.

It's obvious that Johann is helping the Feds out and assisting in their investigation into Floyd Landis and the FFF. The gentlemen who met Johann at the airport had arranged to meet him there, well in advance. Johann is the master tactician, so who better to have a kick-*** strategy session with?

For Johan's convenience, especially in light of the fact that he was only laying over in LA on his way from London (or maybe it was Dubai) to Spain (who is that guy's travel agent anyway, maybe HE should be investigated), it was determined that meeting at LAX, right after Johann stepped off the plane, made the most sense to everyone involved and was the best-possible environment (access to facilities, privacy, etc).

SSDD

MacRoadie said:
C'mon Mark, get serious.

It's obvious that Johann is helping the Feds out and assisting in their investigation into Floyd Landis and the FFF. The gentlemen who met Johann at the airport had arranged to meet him there, well in advance. Johann is the master tactician, so who better to have a kick-*** strategy session with?

For Johan's convenience, especially in light of the fact that he was only laying over in LA on his way from London (or maybe it was Dubai) to Spain (who is that guy's travel agent anyway, maybe HE should be investigated), it was determined that meeting at LAX, right after Johann stepped off the plane, made the most sense to everyone involved and was the best-possible environment (access to facilities, privacy, etc).

SSDD

I just wanted to see whether or not Polish had any reasoning to share.

I hope that we don't devolve into Johan got served by the feds-->the feds are investigating Tailwind , etc.-->Lance is the leader of the conspiracy-->Lance must be a target-->If Lance is a target he will be indicted-->when indicted, Lance will surely be convicted because the feds almost always secure convictions-->if Lance is not indicted it is because of influence exerted upon the US. Been there, done that.

MacRoadie said:
C'mon Mark, get serious.

SSDD

Most definitely. Johan knew exactly what was going on. That’s why he hid in the bus for 5 days and made a hasty exit out the back door.

One wonders if stirring up "Frank Sheleck-gate” in the media is a way to deflect some of the questions in regards to the subpoena?

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Direct question

thehog said:
Most definitely. Johan knew exactly what was going on. That’s why he hid in the bus for 5 days and made a hasty exit out the back door.

One wonders if stirring up "Frank Sheleck-gate” in the media is a way to deflect some of the questions in regards to the subpoena?

Did Armstrong give Bruyneel up?

May 19, 2012
Visit site
very tiring routines

Polish said:

MarkvW said:

Carry on!:confused: