• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Johan gets served

Wouldn't be surprised if he did. Blame Johann: old school Euro rider, introduced the team to doping program, etc. Had to go along, just ask Floyd and Tyler, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Sick twist is, he can even use the Landis and Hamilton comments as confirmation.

A

Anonymous

Okay...

Just back from a huge bar tab at the Back Abbey... And I am LMFAO!!!

Please let this not be a joke.

Anyhooo.. . If is see Johan do the perp walk I may never stop laughing..

Ok, I'm a bit curious:

If the federal case against Armstrong was dropped, what is the liklihood that a federal case would survive against Johann?

If not the feds, then who would have served him? USADA doesn't have powers of subpoena...

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Ok, I'm a bit curious:

If the federal case against Armstrong was dropped, what is the liklihood that a federal case would survive against Johann?

If not the feds, then who would have served him? USADA doesn't have powers of subpoena...
What does this clause mean - "unless the arbitration panel subpoenas them to testify"

(http://bleacherreport.com/articles/86623-why-you-shouldnt-believe-marion-jones-vol-49)

USADA’s chief executive Tygart, then legal counsel to the organisation, explained to Velonews 2007-May-3 the procedure involved in obtaining such records.

“We are very limited in our authority to conduct investigations into alleged doping activity. We can collect samples, but unlike criminal investigators we have no power to compel witness interviews or to obtain medical/financial records unless the athlete consents to providing these documents or an arbitration panel orders their production. Also, we are unable to compel witnesses to provide information to us unless the arbitration panel subpoenas them to testify. So, the reality is that we are very limited in our ability to investigate facts outside of the results from drug tests.”[4]

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
JohanBWeMightAsWellIndict.jpg

MacRoadie said:
Ok, I'm a bit curious:

If it was a criminal case, Johan wouldn't have been served. In such a situation, the feds would have put the grabbus on him.

MarkvW said:
If it was a criminal case, Johan wouldn't have been served. In such a situation, the feds would have put the grabbus on him.

Yeah, I understand that. That's the odd part.

Criminal case against Johann = stainless steel bracelets.
Criminal case against someone else = subpoena, but none exists (yet)
Ongoing grand jury investigation = subpoena (but the GJ was dismissed)
Civil case = subpoena, but what case and who did he talk to?
USADA case = no subpoena (no subpoena power at USADA)

MacRoadie said:

Could be anything. No idea whether or not it's a subpoena or whether it is civil process. Child support? Contract breach? The qui tam?

MacRoadie said:

DOJ joined the qui tam case?

May 18, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Could be anything. No idea whether or not it's a subpoena or whether it is civil process. Child support? Contract breach? The qui tam?

It has to be the ongoing FL investigation, right?

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
It's all starting to make sense (this news, Lance's MJ comments, Floyd's reaction, etc).

My prediction: The USADA case is totally afoot. Any denials that Lance makes will be countered either by: released or leaked contradictions (or perhaps DOJ actually handed-over the files).

So this would mean that the MJ article was Lance's advance prep to lay down a foundation of: "I'm so sick of y'allz, that I'm just not going to answer these questions anymore. I'm so totally above this crap now. Let the haters hate. LiveStrong"

He's got his millions and still gets laid. And that's all he really cares about anyway. "F" everyone else. Sort of how he's been living his life for decades anyway.

End prediction: Uncontested USADA case, forfeited TdF results. Years of quiet civil litigation ahead.

TRENDING THREADS