• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Johan gets served

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jeremiah said:
Did Armstrong give Bruyneel up?

Armstrong couldn't give Bruyneel up without giving himself up. He's totally lawyered-up, so there is no way that Armstrong would talk without immunity. But if he's granted immunity, he would be insane to lie to the feds (Bonds, Clemens). Talking to the feds means implicating everybody.

Did the Feds give Lance immunity?

A

Anonymous

MarkvW said:
I just wanted to see whether or not Polish had any reasoning to share.

I hope that we don't devolve into Johan got served by the feds-->the feds are investigating Tailwind , etc.-->Lance is the leader of the conspiracy-->Lance must be a target-->If Lance is a target he will be indicted-->when indicted, Lance will surely be convicted because the feds almost always secure convictions-->if Lance is not indicted it is because of influence exerted upon the US. Been there, done that.

:)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
What do you think about the 'Airport incident,' Polish? Do you doubt Bruyneel was served with a subpoena? If you think he was served, what do you think it indicates?

See my post #511:

" have answered that a few times already...but again.
I think it was questions regarding...
1) Ongoing Floyd Fraud case
or
2) Possible WhistleBlower Case
or maybe
3) Motion/Leak Case
But certainy NOT the Lance case. Thats' closed. Cleared.
And certainly NOT a New Johann case. There are enough cases already fcol. "

Anyway, IIRC, Lance talked to the Feds back in December. I am guessing the discussion with Lance back then is on the same track as the recent discussion with Bruyneel. And again - one of those three above. Not a new case. An old old old case.

Polish said:
See my post #511:

or
or maybe
3) Motion/Leak Case

Anyway, IIRC, Lance talked to the Feds back in December. I am guessing the discussion with Lance back then is on the same track as the recent discussion with Bruyneel. And again - one of those three above. Not a new case. An old old old case.

Your conclusions are as speculative as any others.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Your conclusions are as speculative as any others.

Well duh.

But it IS interesting that very soon after Lance talked to the Feds in December, his case is closed. Cleared. But those other 3 cases may still be ongoing to this day. I will also speculate that if the Feds were going after Bruyneel, he would have raised a big stink. Witch Hunt Waste of USA Tax Money. The fact that Bruyneel laid low is telling.

Jeremiah said:
Did Armstrong give Bruyneel up?

I don't think that would be the premise. I think they just needed to ask some questions. Points of clarity. Even if JB had refused to anwser then that would say a lot. That would be taken into consideration in a trial of some description.

My personal viewpoint is Bruyneel would have answered yes/no to some key question. Without expanding on his invovlment. Hiding the bus was probably the right move to take. When you're in this situation you take it very seriously and seek immediate legal advice. His hiding in the bus was to show the Feds he wasn't being influenced in any way on the statements he was due to make.

To come to the US in the first place meant he was very brave or ill advised. Especially after what happened in Italy last year.

I think more than anything this move has worried Armstrong more than Bruyneel. He doesn't want to be seen as tampering in an investigation especially after the Hamilton incident. Armstrong would be advised not to make any contact with Johan for sometime.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Lance getting immunity and testifying against Johan Bruyneel is like
Tony Soprano getting immunity and testifying against Paulie Walnuts...

070611_sopranos_outside_7a.grid-6x2.jpg

Could it happen? Yeah, but very unlikely

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
See my post #511:

or
or maybe
3) Motion/Leak Case

FFF disclosure isn't enough to make JB hide in the bus and be irritable to a CN reporter asking questions about the airport incident. And certainly not enough to make RSLT try and get the journos not to mention the event at all (as per BB's VN source).

May 21, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
Lance getting immunity and testifying against Johan Bruyneel is like
Tony Soprano getting immunity and testifying against Paulie Walnuts...

Could it happen? Yeah, but very unlikely

Agreed. LA and JB seem very tight (he did a victory lap with LA on the Champs Elysees for chrissakes!). It wouldn't surprise me at all if they already had a few "contingency plans" sketched out.*

*maybe a few even back in the day. Texpat what was on that laptop?

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Elagabalus said:
Agreed. LA and JB seem very tight (he did a victory lap with LA on the Champs Elysees for chrissakes!). It wouldn't surprise me at all if they already had a few "contingency plans" sketched out.*

*maybe a few even back in the day. Texpat what was on that laptop?

To have one throw the other under the bus is like Peanut Butter testifying against Jelly. They're equals to the combination.

thehog said:
I don't think that would be the premise. I think they just needed to ask some questions. Points of clarity. Even if JB had refused to anwser then that would say a lot. That would be taken into consideration in a trial of some description.

My personal viewpoint is Bruyneel would have answered yes/no to some key question. Without expanding on his invovlment. Hiding the bus was probably the right move to take. When you're in this situation you take it very seriously and seek immediate legal advice. His hiding in the bus was to show the Feds he wasn't being influenced in any way on the statements he was due to make.

To come to the US in the first place meant he was very brave or ill advised. Especially after what happened in Italy last year.

I think more than anything this move has worried Armstrong more than Bruyneel. He doesn't want to be seen as tampering in an investigation especially after the Hamilton incident. Armstrong would be advised not to make any contact with Johan for sometime.

Thanks Hog. Excellent analysis. Keep it up.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
MarkvW said:
I just wanted to see whether or not Polish had any reasoning .

Mark, be careful what you ask for!

Does anyone else think that there is any credence to the assertion that someone (Polish) consulted with Kirsten Wiig to concoct the neurotic attention-seeker Penelope character and then later brought it to CNs as ... Polish? Sorry Polish, the similarities are spot on.

dyn5uh.jpg

As for JB and his recent persona non grata status in the USA/TOC, to believe all is well and he planned to fly across the world, to shout at some reporters, disappear and then fly back to the GIRO, only to find that he has absolutely no control of his riders on either side of the Atlantic...is 'fanatical'.

Maybe nothing will happen to JB but he was clearly spooked, or advised to disappear as there was a truck full of it driving his way.

thingswelike said:
JB/LA are always on the lookout for the next LA. They tried it with Basso. First LA was gushing about him on the TdF podium, then they tried to sign him when he was still caught up in Puerto and Riis dropped him.
I think they actually did sign him for Discovery for part of his suspension, but my memory could be faulty.
Anyway, I wonder what happened to all that - why Basso left for Liquigas and what his relationship with JB/LA was during that time. Maybe it was Sassi's influence.

Anyway - I still find it hard to see Schleck as the new LA/Basso/etc. Maybe they really thought they could get his timetrialling up to speed, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Sure they signed Basso. There was the infamous Bruyneel statement of how he looked Basso in the eyes and he knew he was clean. He actually said that! The AIGP at the time which is the committee representing the team managers agreed not to sign any Puerto riders. So what did Hog do when Riis had released him? Signed him up. Basso even rode two races for Discovery. When Basso finally came to his senses knowing that CONI had closed on him he released himself from the team with everyone expelled a collective sigh of relief. That one was only going to turn ugly.

That’s the problem with Bryuneel. He was one way of working. And it’s a tri-party agreement between Hog, Ferrari and the rider.

I think he’s having a lot trouble with the Shleck’s. In terms of his shoulder Bruyneel’s method is giving a few shots of cortisone and the rider will be fine and carries on. The fight with Rasmussen appears more Frank’s frustration with his team than with the Garmin rider or anything else.

thehog said:
Sure they signed Basso. There was the infamous Bruyneel statement of how he looked Basso in the eyes and he knew he was clean. He actually said that! The AIGP at the time which is the committee representing the team managers agreed not to sign any Puerto riders. So what did Hog do when Riis had released him? Signed him up. Basso even rode two races for Discovery. When Basso finally came to his senses knowing that CONI had closed on him he released himself from the team with everyone expelled a collective sigh of relief. That one was only going to turn ugly.

That’s the problem with Bryuneel. He was one way of working. And it’s a tri-party agreement between Hog, Ferrari and the rider.

I think he’s having a lot trouble with the Shleck’s. In terms of his shoulder Bruyneel’s method is giving a few shots of cortisone and the rider will be fine and carries on. The fight with Rasmussen appears more Frank’s frustration with his team than with the Garmin rider or anything else.

Point in case:

issoisso said:
Vacansoleil manager Van der Schueren says that he just came back from a training camp in the alps.....where both Schlecks had bookings at a hotel for next week.

Uhh.....

Neworld said:
Mark, be careful what you ask for!

Does anyone else think that there is any credence to the assertion that someone (Polish) consulted with Kirsten Wiig to concoct the neurotic attention-seeker Penelope character and then later brought it to CNs as ... Polish? Sorry Polish, the similarities are spot on.

dyn5uh.jpg

As for JB and his recent persona non grata status in the USA/TOC, to believe all is well and he planned to fly across the world, to shout at some reporters, disappear and then fly back to the GIRO, only to find that he has absolutely no control of his riders on either side of the Atlantic...is 'fanatical'.

Maybe nothing will happen to JB but he was clearly spooked, or advised to disappear as there was a truck full of it driving his way.[/quote]

Lol my morning laugh! well said:D

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Sure they signed Basso. There was the infamous Bruyneel statement of how he looked Basso in the eyes and he knew he was clean. He actually said that!

I don't see what the big deal is. I looked him in the eye. I asked him if he was clean. He said he was. He winked. I winked back. I extended my hand. I said "Welcome aboard!" -JB

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
. I’m of the understanding the both of them have refused to work with a certain Doctor under Bruyneel’s orders.

Yes, buthog, Johan was perfectly content with Alberto using "his own people", why should it be any different with Andy and Frank?

Microchip said:
4629870003_36a8648d10.jpg

"Shhhh...don't tell anyone, but I am going to Caleeforneeah for a few days...if you don't hear from me in 48 hours, zee SOS code will be "temporarily in Dubai.....okay?! You got dat?"

Maybe Johan could get a job at Garmin next year? JV might hire him as a kitchen hand for the team bus?

TRENDING THREADS