• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard thread: Mountain Sprinter

Page 238 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This was all I need to see. He's gonna be a problem for Pog, especially if these wannabee domestiques ride for a top-5 themselves

What did you expect? They he would not stay in a 30-50 riders group? Come on. The first test will be how he responds to the attacks of his main rivals: Pog, Rogla, Remco etc. So most likely tomorrow on the final steep and explosive climb. After stage 4 on Galibier we will have a much better picture though.

What did you expect? They he would not stay in a 30-50 riders group? Come on. The first test will be how he responds to the attacks of his main rivals: Pog, Rogla, Remco etc. So most likely tomorrow on the final steep and explosive climb. After stage 4 on Galibier we will have a much better picture though.
Honestly... the fact, that jorgenson is working on the flat is quiet telling.
i think he will be fine, even if he´ll loose some seconds tomorrow.
the only thread for pog bar incident and accident.

Honestly... the fact, that jorgenson is working on the flat is quiet telling.
i think he will be fine, even if he´ll loose some seconds tomorrow.
the only thread for pog bar incident and accident.

You are right regarding Jorgenson working - also JV taking Vingo to the Tour was telling IMO (they wouldn't do it if he was sh*tty). But we still have to wait and see how he fares when main rivals attack. Tomorrow this explosive climb is short and won't produce substantial gaps but if i.e. Pog/Rog/Remco get some gap over him they can increase it to the finish line. Galibier will be a better test though.

He looked the way you'd expect. Seemed to me at one point as though he was a bit uncomfortable but probably not tbh.

I still think he will feel the lack of preparation deeper in the race, I did not expect him to lose time today, nor do I think he'll lose a lot, if anything, tomorrow.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Reactions: Krzysztof_O
So much for Rackham living in his dream world where Matteo Jorgenson was the captain. Turns out the injured Visma riders looks better than most expected.

Jorgenson is still a GC option for Visma.

Pulling on the flat for Van Aert doesn't mean anything. In fact didn't Vingegaard once pull for Laporte in the Dauphiné last year? I also remember a huge meltdown when Vingegaard didn't pull for WvA in stage 2 of the TdF last year.

By & large I'll say this Tour will be the Tour of serious kneejerk reactions until week 3. If Vingegaard holds Pog's wheel today & on Tuesday, the narrative will quickly turn against Pog's chances. But there's no way of knowing whether Vinge will have a serious loss of form later in the Tour due to his bad prep.

That bad prep FYI isn't made up. It's real. You can't 'undo' a crash like that & pretend a rider will be at 100% throughout the Tour.

People told me Jorgensen was the designated leader and that there was no way Vingegaard would be remotely close to this level. The same people told me that Roglic in fact was the favorite - curious, since these people do seem to have an exe to grind with Jumbo and Vingegaard.