• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard thread: Mountain Sprinter

Page 239 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I understand absolutely nothing.

That said, it's still just a 5 minute effort in the heat, this should probably come back faster than the really long hard efforst.
I gotta admit, I do feel a little urge to make a compilation of all posts where you explained why Vingegaard would be nowhere this July and why all the talk of him riding the tour was just a sham.

I gotta admit, I do feel a little urge to make a compilation of all posts where you explained why Vingegaard would be nowhere this July and why all the talk of him riding the tour was just a sham.
Are we gonna expect what just happened was reasonable expectations? Hinault was even saying the other day "if Vingegaard is close to winning I don't understand anything about cycling anymore"

Are we gonna expect what just happened was reasonable expectations? Hinault was even saying the other day "if Vingegaard is close to winning I don't understand anything about cycling anymore"
I mean this was certainly better than I expected. But you gotta admit that you were overly pessimistic. You were still calling everything Visma said a bluff even when their communication regarding Vingegaard hecame more and more positive.

Reactions: Salvarani
I mean this was certainly better than I expected. But you gotta admit that you were overly pessimistic. You were still calling everything Visma said a bluff even when their communication regarding Vingegaard hecame more and more positive.
I stand by what I said based on the information available. I wonder if I misevaluated the quality of training he was doing early on in his recovery before he went to Tignes.

Also, Benoot was literally saying none of them would have bet on Vingegaard finishing on the podium, and Zeeman was super uncertain about Vingegaards form before stage 1. I really don't think Vingegaard was doing some great numbers 2 weeks ago in training.

I stand by what I said based on the information available. I wonder if I misevaluated the quality of training he was doing early on in his recovery before he went to Tignes.

Also, Benoot was literally saying none of them would have bet on Vingegaard finishing on the podium, and Zeeman was super uncertain about Vingegaards form before stage 1. I really don't think Vingegaard was doing some great numbers 2 weeks ago in training.
Looks to me that Vingegaard is just an insane responder to training a bit like Pog. These guys casually demolish riders in their first race of the season without being close to their peaks.

Another way of saying it would ofc just be they are more talented than the rest.

Reactions: xo 1 and SHAD0W93

I think they were sandbagging, really. I don't think Vingo would have gone if they didn't think that he had a good chance of winning. The moment he was confirmed on the start line, we should have expected something like this.

Maybe, though, he'll still falter on the Galibier. We will see.

They have a strategy of communication, they would naturally hide the true.

Reactions: Peyroteo94
Rewatching it, the team also made a big difference today. UAE were unable to drill the first ascent while Vingegaard started both ascents in perfect position. Yates only got to the front ~halfway up the second ascent and Pogi's attack was quite late, after the steepest part.
Lemmen is proving to be very good on these kinda stages. Tratnik and Benoot also huge. Just a very solid team that lacks high mountain climbing now

Reactions: xo 1
Vinge couldn't have had a better start to the tour. Same time as Pog after first two stages, did anyone believe that?

Sure, I still want to see how he rides on stage 4 before I'm confident he can challenge Pog.

But sure looks good so far. And the team seems more dialed in to ride for Vinge than UAE for Pog, at least so far.