• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Juan Ayuso discussion thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

His answer to the first question cracked me up.

Are you worried about passing for an egotistical and conceited cannibal, for a bully?

In the Giro I always tried to go to the start 10-15 minutes earlier than I should to try to talk to people ... My team was riding very aggressively, we never let the leak, we always had the race under control. And it is true that there were people who were pissed off, asking us to at least let the break arrive. But, after all, the race is a race, and you were competing. But I was trying to explain that, that I'm here for the same reason as them, because you want to win, and I was trying to make relationships, and get people to know me. If I only win, I win, I win, and I don't talk to anyone, they only have the image of me crossing the finish line, or of me putting the team to shoot so that I can win, and they only have that image, they don't get to know me, they may have a slightly different view of me.There were people who had an image of me a bit bad, as a bully. When they know me they see that I am a very normal person, and it takes a little off ... although my way of running was not going to change whatever they told me. But in the peloton, when the race is going smoothly, I always try to start a conversation with the one next to me so as not to create bad vibes.

I'm gonna be nice before kicking your azz

i read some interviews with a few Belgians who rode the Giro u23 and they were all very positive about Ayuso. Not only talking about his talent, but also about him being a nice, normal guy and "entertaining" to talk to. It probably helps that he's surprisingly good at talking English.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Last edited:
Video unavailable
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Will need to find a new VPN :(
That sucks, it is available in some countries outside of Italy. Ayuso and Moscon got dropped on the last steep part after a short false flat descent with 1km to go on the climb.
Afterwards Moscon and Ayuso got caught by the chasing group during the final km.

Ayuso confirmed his calendar

Ordizia (25 julio)
San Sebastián (31 julio), su debut en el WorldTour
Getxo (1 agosto)
Tour del Porvenir (13-22 agosto) ( tour l'avenir)
La clásica Bretagne Classic – Ouest-France (29 agosto)
Tour de Luxemburgo (14-18 septiembre)
Mundial sub23 (20 y 24 de septiembre)
clásicas italianas de octubre

I hear him yesterday on spanish TV as comentator and he likes me a lot, He his humble, but he knows a lot about cycling.... He is clever, and this is really important for cycling, and really mature for his age. He will face people as Evenepoel or Pogacar, who looks came from another planet, but he has a good future. Spain is bad used to have big names in cycling. Now the level is high..but for the general public we need someone with similar paper as Contador,,and Ayuso looks like that..and I think even better in quality.

I hear him yesterday on spanish TV as comentator and he likes me a lot, He his humble, but he knows a lot about cycling.... He is clever, and this is really important for cycling, and really mature for his age. He will face people as Evenepoel or Pogacar, who looks came from another planet, but he has a good future. Spain is bad used to have big names in cycling. Now the level is high..but for the general public we need someone with similar paper as Contador,,and Ayuso looks like that..and I think even better in quality.
He said on national tv that he likes you? :hearteyes:

TRENDING THREADS