• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Juan Ayuso discussion thread

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What the...

Im at a loss. I experienced something similar yesterday when I realized RHCP released an album last year and I had not heard jackshit about it. Or maybe I just forgot it. Shame, it was a decent race at a time when nothing is going on outside the Giro

That album cannot be recommended, btw.
I can then tell you: they released not only one but two new albums last year. First a stinker in April and then repeated the achievement with another one in October.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
The reports of his death were greatly exaggerated. He wins today's ITT and wears the leaders jersey in Romandie.
So is the the next Valverde? The next Contador? Next Mas?

Fu0J5gjWYAEPIFD

The reports of his death were greatly exaggerated. He wins today's ITT and wears the leaders jersey in Romandie.
So is the the next Valverde? The next Contador? Next Mas?

Fu0J5gjWYAEPIFD

Giving his position in the TT, he would be a lot more wel rounded than Valverda& Mas in GT.

If he can hold that position for longer TT, he has a good chance to compete with the big 4 in GT. Maybe TT qualities like vingegaard? (i'm assuming he will still grow a bit in power ofcourse, not unreasonabe given his age ;))

Not exactly sure what the criteria here is but Remco won several ITTs when he was barely 20.
Criteria are GT or ‚big 7‘ stage race TTs. Remco won his first last year at the Tour de Suisse. Also he only actually won two TTs when he was 20 or younger which is not several but that‘s nitpicking.

Back to the thread‘s topic: Ayuso is surely going to compete for the win in Grand Tours very soon with that TT and the climbing he‘s already shown. If he looks good in the mountains they could think about taking him to the Tour to pressure Vingegaard with 1-2 attacks but they‘re absolutely not gonna do that because they probably don‘t want to put Ayuso into pressure situations like that this year before possibly the Vuelta.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS