• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Junior racing - The stars of the future

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Although I have no idea if he would even start, that would be rather unfortunate with the Two Days of Eroica, which actually take 4 days, starting in 11 days, a race he would have loved to ride (and win) over the sterrato.

Clearing concussion protocol is 14 days, no?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLOkIrzQAyo

Best stage race on the calendar with an insane startlist.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Paul Seixas, Jakob Omrzel and Adria Pericas were amazing here last year, so I'll just be boring and name them as the major favorites. Other than that, loads of usual suspects. From first years like Oksnes and Maranchon, to riders like Fietzke and Finn. There is one I am particularly interested in, being Stefano Viezzi.

Only big ones I'm missing are Withen Philipsen, or all Danes for that matter, and Barry. I also would have liked to see what Alessio Magagnotti could have done here in such a big race.

Fietzke with a great lead after the team time trial. 31secs on Seixas and the second best team, Omrzel already 1:29 behind.
Well, Fietzke lost two minutes in stage 1b. Surprising in my eyes but couldnt see the race so no idea if a crash or something else was the reason. His teammate Patrick Casey was the only one from Auto Eder who survived and took the lead. Decathlon looks quite strong in the result with Seixas, Sparfel and Martinez in the main group of only 10 guys and Vassal only 15 secs behind.

Well, Fietzke lost two minutes in stage 1b. Surprising in my eyes but couldnt see the race so no idea if a crash or something else was the reason. His teammate Patrick Casey was the only one from Auto Eder who survived and took the lead. Decathlon looks quite strong in the result with Seixas, Sparfel and Martinez in the main group of only 10 guys and Vassal only 15 secs behind.
GLdL0m4XwAAni8b

Cat Ferguson and Celia Gery continuing their rivalry from CX at Van Borsele. Gery was superior in that discipline, but Ferguson looks like the one to beat on the road this year? Notable how much French and British riders have dominated in this category for a few years now.

Gent-Welvegem tomorrow and can anyone explain how one of the Belgian teams has been translated into English as 'AA Drink Young Lions'?

Cat Ferguson and Celia Gery continuing their rivalry from CX at Van Borsele. Gery was superior in that discipline, but Ferguson looks like the one to beat on the road this year? Notable how much French and British riders have dominated in this category for a few years now.

Gent-Welvegem tomorrow and can anyone explain how one of the Belgian teams has been translated into English as 'AA Drink Young Lions'?

We know Ferguson will be going to Movistar, but nothing has been mentioned about Gery........Both junior CX World champions still not snapped up by WT teams.....

Ferguson looked like the biggest talent last year, but whether she's much stronger than Gery at the moment remains to be seen.

Now, can someone please answer these two questions:

When are the (Junior) men racing?

Why weren't they - and the U23 men - racing on 24/3? What happened to "Seven Races in Flanders Fields"?
No Gent Wevelgem now but E3 is coming up with Albert Withen (no Ashlin Barry so the course won‘t explode). Just Pedersen and Decathlon are also up there as well as maybe some riders (Borremans) of Bahrain‘s junior team. Not the most crazy start list, though