• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

JV talks, sort of

Page 260 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
no, you have to ride 4km quick on the track before you are allowed to win 3000km races.

apparently.

Apparently not.

Last time I checked there was only one current rider who has won a 3000km race who has also ridden a fast 4k on the track.

That leaves every other active rider who's won a 3000km race without having ridden a fast 4k on the track. By your logic this should not be allowed, but it is allowed, so your logic is wrong.

So just what point were you trying to make?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Wallace and Gromit said:
Apparently not.

Last time I checked there was only one current rider who has won a 3000km race who has also ridden a fast 4k on the track.

That leaves every other active rider who's won a 3000km race without having ridden a fast 4k on the track. By your logic this should not be allowed, but it is allowed, so your logic is wrong.

The point, obvious to most, is that Sky fans telling us Wiggins showed his talent with gold medals from 4k on track and that means he has shown his potential and can win GTs clean! But no one else has gone this route for a long time, if at all.....

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Wallace and Gromit said:
Apparently not.

The very point you made.

No Second coming of Christ jibes this time?

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
The very point you made.

I fully appreciate the implications of Wiggo's transformation from trackie to Tour winner, how unusual it is etc.

I think if you want to make this point, though, then this is what you should write, not write something that is demonstrably untrue (*) and rely on everyone knowing that you were actually making a different point.

Dear Wiggo said:
No Second coming of Christ jibes this time?

Apparently not.

(*) I hope you agree that what you wrote was indeed demonstrably untrue.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
The point, obvious to most, is that Sky fans telling us Wiggins showed his talent with gold medals from 4k on track and that means he has shown his potential and can win GTs clean! But no one else has gone this route for a long time, if at all.....

Indeed, but there haven't been that many IPers since the sport went open (early 90s) who have been so clearly and consistently better than their rivals. An average trackie is no more likely to win on the road in major races than an average roadie.

Boardman and Obree were at their peak in the height of the EPO era, which makes comparisons/deductions difficult.

Wiggo's efforts are well known, but has there been an IPer since who's relatively as good? Tricky to tell, as the IP is a downgraded event now it's not on the Olympic programme.

It will be interesting to see where the likes of Bobridge, Dennis, Thomas and Kennaugh etc end up, as they've all been nutured through track programmes rather than purely on the road.

Why does it matter if obree and Boardman were the hight of the epo era when Wiggins showed it ain't no thing to beat a bunch of riders on epo, has a number of climbing performancws right up there with height of epo times and achieved faster tt speeds than epo greats?

If Wiggins can come 4th in the 2009 tour on his first attempt then accounting for the slightly higher doping levels, Boardman and obree should have been coming top 10s in the 1990s tours.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey Vaughters! What happend to cycling being slower? Froome, Porte, Contador, Piti et al didn't get your message obviously!

Your silence on the current crop is deafening.

Benotti69 said:
Hey Vaughters! What happend to cycling being slower? Froome, Porte, Contador, Piti et al didn't get your message obviously!

I did have a laugh today at Talansky, taking on the Dawg.

Good on the Dawg for chasing down every attack, attacking himself, leading and then winning the sprint.

Fairly normal.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

You should take a look at Shane Stokes twitter today. Fun read.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
BYOP88 said:
Still can't believe that Vaughters is allowed in the sport.

Vaughters is pointed to as the reason for change. He is the knight in shining armor who declares the sport is much cleanER as clean riders can win,

ie Hesjedal, "what" i hear you say, "not Hesjeald that admitted to doping and whose blood levels rose in the 3rd week of a GT that he won?"

Yes that Hesjedal!:D

Snakeoil salesman of the year JV.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Vaughters is pointed to as the reason for change. He is the knight is shining armor who declares the sport is much cleanER as clean riders can win,

ie Hesjedal, "what" i hear you say, "not Hesjeald that admitted to doping and whose blood levels rose in the 3rd week of a GT that he won?"

Yes that Hesjedal!:D

Snakeoil salesman of the year JV.
his blood levels did not rise benotti, it is just the measuring instrument was not calibrated correctly ;)

come on benotti you know this
<i wish i could sound/read more patronizing in authentically patronizing manner, much like jv73>

May 26, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
his blood levels did not rise benotti, it is just the measuring instrument was not calibrated correctly ;)

come on benotti you know this
<i wish i could sound/read more patronizing in authentically patronizing manner, much like jv73>

want a laugh, read Vaughters twitter, he is a real twit and that is being over nice to the guy.

Wonder what JV thinks of LeMond's ideas......

LeMond Eurosport said:
" That is historically in cycling, the true talent is there at 19, 20, you don't come up at 29 years old, you don't come up at 30, that's what was happening the last 20 years, guys would all of a sudden discover themselves. It doesn't happen."

So that is Wiggins, Froome and Hesjedal who discovered themselves:rolleyes:

2 from Slipstream.............Garmin clean, pull the other one.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
want a laugh, read Vaughters twitter, he is a real twit and that is being over nice to the guy.

Wonder what JV thinks of LeMond's ideas......

So that is Wiggins, Froome and Hesjedal who discovered themselves:rolleyes:

2 from Slipstream.............Garmin clean, pull the other one.

jv seventy three star farking like prance at his best olsen twin menage a trois form
BpsWgJwCMAADXAO.jpg:large

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Was it all deleted? I can't see anything?

Edit: Now i see it.

Wow, JV getting quite personal there for no reason.

Hmmm. I just checked both their twitter feeds and found only a few posts at all for today, which in-and-of itself would be "not normal." And nothing to do with the above mentioned discussion.

So is it hiding somewhere?
(The new twitter is abysmal, in case the world cares about my opinions.)

Granville57 said:
Hmmm. I just checked both their twitter feeds and found only a few posts at all for today, which in-and-of itself would be "not normal." And nothing to do with the above mentioned discussion.

I found it under a - "tweets and replies" button at the top of their tweets list.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:

You have to click on Tweets and Replies to see everything.

edit-
Ninja'd by Hitch

TRENDING THREADS