• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kennaugh

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
ingsve said:
Do they have to use the specific rider that has gotten the points or could they choose other riders if they want to, just as long as they have someone who has gotten them points to earn the spots?

They can use anyone, doesn't have to be the riders with points.

For what it's worth, I'd go for

Stannard, Thomas, swift, millar, Cummings, Hammond, and then downing

A

Anonymous

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Pick who they like.

Will be interesting to see if Bradley chooses to join TeamCav.

think its more likely he will focus on the time trial

stefrees said:

Id be similar, but might give Blythe a shot as he picked up a point. Could be useful in the leadout.

Of course, if Cavendish signs for Greenedge Dave Brailsford might decide to stick it to him and leave him out with the team riding for Swift :D

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
stefrees said:

Possibly squeeze jez hunt in there for his experience. Either way, a pretty strong train for our Mark.;)

stefrees said:

Pick the riders who want to be there. I'd have guessed, without thinking of anyone specifically, they'll be at least 1 rider you've listed who doesn't want to bother. Anyone going has to be 100% committed to the job they're given to do.

A

Anonymous

Midnightfright said:
So am I right in saying cummings 9th place in the GC gets the extra guy for the world championship?

if he stays there yes. Top ten get WT points

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
ferryman said:
Thank you for an early morning laugh. A GB train at the end of the Worlds:eek:

A few years ago, yes. Though if its as flat as conflicting reports suggest, there is indeed that possibility.

Anyhow, what do you care, your Scottish, so presumably one of Salmonds anti-uk cronies. :)

I was surprised to see Kennaugh do the Giro. After a pretty hard 1st week he was about 20th (which seemed pretty impressive, even knowing about his baby giro exploits). He finished midfield (I guess Sky just put him in there for the experience, so there was no pressure). Since then, he podiumed at the Route de Sud (not a big race I know) and I was interested to see how he would do in Poland. I hoped he might come in the top 10. He was visible near the front quite often (e.g. when Nibali pushed the pace in Cieszyn and when Martin attacked in Zakopane). He seems to be a natural stage racer, is already good and will be very good, but how good remains to be seen.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Andy99 said:
I maybe wrong, but I 'think' the ninth rider can be earned via the GB ranking in the Europe tour *

*see the uci 'rules'. Btw, I had lunch at UCI HQ in aigle today. Good spread. Highly recommended.

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/g...bjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=NjY2OTc&LangId=1

* A national federation not reaching its athlete quota through the UCI World Tour rankings of the UCI WorldTour calendar may obtain places up to the number of places it was unable to obtain in its respective tour.

The first 16 nations of the classification by nation of the UCI Europe Tour on 15 August 2011 excluding the nations qualifying via the UCI WorldTour classification: the first six nations qualifying can enter 9 riders, with 6 to start (rank 1); the nations ranked 7th to 16th can enter 5 riders, with 3 to start (rank 2).

The european nations with a rider among the first 200 of the individual classification of the UCI Europe Tour on 15 August 2011: each nation may enter 2 riders, with 1 to start.

asdfgh101 said:
http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/g...bjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=NjY2OTc&LangId=1

* A national federation not reaching its athlete quota through the UCI World Tour rankings of the UCI WorldTour calendar may obtain places up to the number of places it was unable to obtain in its respective tour.

The first 16 nations of the classification by nation of the UCI Europe Tour on 15 August 2011 excluding the nations qualifying via the UCI WorldTour classification: the first six nations qualifying can enter 9 riders, with 6 to start (rank 1); the nations ranked 7th to 16th can enter 5 riders, with 3 to start (rank 2).

The european nations with a rider among the first 200 of the individual classification of the UCI Europe Tour on 15 August 2011: each nation may enter 2 riders, with 1 to start.

So in English, does that mean GB get a 9th rider or not?

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Some points

1. GB 17th on UCI Europe Tour rankings as of 25 July but due to overtake Austria due to results in the last couple of days (Vuelta a Leon).

2. GB has Luke Rowe as its highest ranked rider on the UCI Europe Tour, 109th as of 25 July.

3. Regarding Sky tactics perhaps Stannard and Dowsett would have been better off racing the Eneco Tour.

Edit: Almost definitely a full team for GB and most likely Kennaugh and Cummings points weren't needed (although the 51 points acquired by Kennaugh have served to all but ensure a top 10 ranking in the UCI World Tour).

asdfgh101 said:
Some points

1. GB 17th on UCI Europe Tour rankings as of 25 July but due to overtake Austria due to results in the last couple of days (Vuelta a Leon).

2. GB has Luke Rowe as its highest ranked rider on the UCI Europe Tour, 109th as of 25 July.

3. Regarding Sky tactics perhaps Stannard and Dowsett would have been better off racing the Eneco Tour.

Edit: Almost definitely a full team for GB and most likely Kennaugh and Cummings points weren't needed (although the 51 points acquired by Kennaugh have served to all but ensure a top 10 ranking in the UCI World Tour).

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

JRanton said:
So in English, does that mean GB get a 9th rider or not?

I dont think that counts because it is for countries not represented in the world tour rankings.

A

Anonymous

asdfgh101 said:

I think they will have eight riders.

And Kennaugh, Cummings and Blythes points almost certainly were needed otherwise they would only have 6

A

Anonymous

asdfgh101 said:
http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/ge...Y2OTc&LangId=1

but then it says

*The first 16 nations of the classification by nation of the UCI Europe Tour on 15 August 2011 excluding the nations qualifying via the UCI WorldTour classification

I think we are guessing frankly, and I think the UCI rules are made deliberately complicated

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
but then it says

*The first 16 nations of the classification by nation of the UCI Europe Tour on 15 August 2011 excluding the nations qualifying via the UCI WorldTour classification

I think we are guessing frankly, and I think the UCI rules are made deliberately complicated

I must admit to have given up on the UCI qualifying rules, my brother is a nuclear scientist and even he is baffled.
My gut feeling is its 9 but thats more of a guess than knowing what the hell I'm talking about.

TRENDING THREADS