• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance the Politician

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
His (Lance's) reaction is just wrong from a PR point of view. He's feeding the suspicion that he has something to hide--not starving it.
I'm not sure that's true. Certainly it feeds suspicions that he's got something to hide, but if he expects that his blood values will be suspicious next year as well those suspicions might be preferable to concrete evidence. Particularly since he can point out that most of his competitors aren't releasing blood values either.

Polish said:
Exactly!

And the Hater Cult viewing this action by Lance as diabolical only
goes to prove Lance's point. The Cult sees Evil in everything Lance
related.

If the Dalai Lama's blood values were posted up on the interwebs,
but were labeled with "Lance's" name - how long do you think it would
be before some Distinquished Member of the cult connects the dots
in such a way that would PROVE "Lance" was doping? Not long LOL.

Once again, this is the last and stupidest argument brought forth by the Lance defenders.

Good grief. It's the same idiotic response the Bush defenders used against criticisms of his moronic policies. "Oh you just hate Bush." WTF?

You don't have to hate Lance to know he doped. You just need opposable digits and a bipedal stance. Oh, and knowing how to read helps too.

A

Anonymous

If the Blood Passport does it's job you all will be vindicated.

BTW, that doctor joke LA regurgitated has been around for years... and was funny back then too!

Polish said:
Exactly!

related.

63upuc.jpg

Cerberus said:
I'm not sure that's true. Certainly it feeds suspicions that he's got something to hide, but if he expects that his blood values will be suspicious next year as well those suspicions might be preferable to concrete evidence. Particularly since he can point out that most of his competitors aren't releasing blood values either.

Oh, as we discussed in the Clinic, I very much think this is about next year.

Rex Hunter

BANNED
Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Once again, this is the last and stupidest argument brought forth by the Lance defenders.

Good grief. It's the same idiotic response the Bush defenders used against criticisms of his moronic policies. "Oh you just hate Bush." WTF?

It's a bit different to that because we're dealing with people that often have a religious faith that they know Lance dopes. They just know it, even if his blood numbers were normal like during the Giro. This is the behaviour of a cult. Just read this thread. You don't have to agree with me but they decided to smear and attack me simply because I highlighted the counter evidence to the blood doping allegation during the tour and pointed out the logical falacy of demanding LA publish his numbers if they're going to say he doped whateve the numbers say. Unless you agree Damsgaard is corrupt, for instance, you are a troll. It's very difficult to argue with people like this who are not interested in evidence and will try anyway they can to find away to shut you down.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Rex Hunter said:
It's a bit different to that because we're dealing with people that often have a religious faith that they know Lance dopes. They just know it, even if his blood numbers were normal like during the Giro.

It's the Tour blood numbers he posted that are suspicious.
stop trolling.

Rex Hunter

BANNED
Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Have you noticed that one minute they say Armstrong broke with Daamsgard because he wanted to blood dope, the next minute Daamsgard is supposed to be "on the payroll" and thus corrupt, so we can't believe him anyway. There's a contradiction there.

One thing we do know is they never would have trusted the Daasmgard program, so what would be the point of it?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Rex Hunter said:
It's a bit different to that because we're dealing with people that often have a religious faith that they know Lance dopes. They just know it, even if his blood numbers were normal like during the Giro. This is the behaviour of a cult. Just read this thread. You don't have to agree with me but they decided to smear and attack me simply because I highlighted the counter evidence to the blood doping allegation during the tour and pointed out the logical falacy of demanding LA publish his numbers if they're going to say he doped whateve the numbers say. Unless you agree Damsgaard is corrupt, for instance, you are a troll. It's very difficult to argue with people like this who are not interested in evidence and will try anyway they can to find away to shut you down.

Yet I assume you're open to all evidence?

Anyway it was "nice" hearing from you after a few days of silence, should you get banned again when you next return on sunday/monday for your next username you could try something like GregisGod or Dopestrong. Ciao

Rex Hunter

BANNED
Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
peloton said:
It's the Tour blood numbers he posted that are suspicious.
stop trolling.

Ask them if they believe he was clean for the Giro and you will see my point.

It blows the myth that he can't ride a Tour clean - something that is an article of faith for the anti Armstrong cultists.

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Conflict of interests

Are you sure it was only (only?) 200,000? In several articles, the figure 500,500 has been quoted. Anyway, it was a lot of money and you know the saying "The man who pays the piper gets to choose the tune."

rhubroma said:
And we find out today that Lance officially has given his "approval" of the UCI's bio passport system and thus he and his team won't be needing the indepenpendent services of Damsgaard to perform Radio Shack's anti-dopng program.

Lance donated $200,000 to the UCI anti-doping program. Does anybody else see a huge conflict of interests here? Would the UCI actually nail a guy that has been so generous to it and generates huge profits for their organization? Wonder what his fans in the States think about it...Do they think critically about it? Or do they just put their faith in the man?

Then, of course, I have always believed that the only way to improve anti-doping, is to have the UCI completely out of it (because of the same conflict of interests issue - let's face it the bio passport itself is a form of legalized doping within certain paramaters, though, naturally, is not sold to the public as such). There needs ot be a completely independent body, with no profit interests in the sport, but just in bringing the truth to light, doing the testing. It would have to be paid for by the national federations (or some outside entity) and not the UCI of course.

Had such a system been up prior to Lance's return, I'd bet my house he would never have come back. But, then again, the public often doesn't like to hear about unconfessable truths and it seems that organizations such as the UCI do their best make make sure they never come out. Lance can rest tranquilly at night.

So funny.
You can now tell when he's back, simply by the speed a given thread generates pages.
Amazing what a few days in lockdown will do.
This one was so fast, you can't almost feel the pent up frustration being ejaculated by his over-heated fingertips, onto his keyboard.

Doubt this thread will get lumped with the one in the clinic. Binned when viewed is my guess.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Rex Hunter said:

It blows the myth that he can't ride a Tour clean - something that is an article of faith for the anti Armstrong cultists.

yawn yawn yawn.
go away ffs.

Rex Hunter said:

The primary fact for me is his association with Dr. Ferari. Are we to believe that he was the only rider associated with the good doctor that only used him for his technical expertise and not his enhancement knowledge?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
His (Lance's) reaction is just wrong from a PR point of view. He's feeding the suspicion that he has something to hide--not starving it.

Lance's decision is only feeding suspicion among the haters, and that
suspicion will be there regardless if he feeds it or not.

If Lance is CLEAN - this decision makes a lot of sense.

Why have the haters trash his clean numbers?
You know they would. They did in 2009 bwaahaahaa.

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
Thanks for proving my point. Instead of addressing the concerns that this PhD student (who is working on developing a test to detect autologous blood transfusions) has raised, you, like Armstrong, try to undermine his credibility. Lance dismissed as a recent college graduate. You say he's not the head of the department. No real defense/explanation of the issues raised by the PhD student--which further heightens suspicions. The guy's credentials are unimpeachable. You can certainly try to question the science, but I think that will lead to uncomfortable questions that Armstrong doesn't want raised (and that will get this topic moved to the Clinic).

It's weak. And it puts the focus squarely back on Armstrong. If he has nothing to hide, then there is nothing to hide.

Btw, we know that he doped. Go check the clinic.

Thank you. I was about to give up, but I thought I would check the threads and wow, the joint is jumping. I am sorry to say that the Armstrong apologists are as weak as Mr. Armstrong on making a point. Mr. Publicus seems right on. I have been waiting for something to show up, ever since that Doctor gave his interpretation, but nothing really has. First: the weenie print media does not want to kill the goose that laid the golden egg, so why follow up? Armstrong, the less than honest person that he seems to be, is like the thief who tries to erase his footsteps in the snow with a broom. A finger down the throat does not fully express my inner feelings, whenever Mr. Armstrong has to say anything on any subject, let alone doping. I don't think his explanation for why he didn't allow the person to take a sample back last summer was very suave either. Let's face it, the guy is a gip, and for those sorry people that seem to think that he is Mr. Clean, then I am the Walrus. Think about it. A second here and a second there. Twit the bike. Twit the mind. Twit the blood. Really!

Rex Hunter said:
Lance Lance Lance blah blah blah.

Welcome back BPC/Arbiter/Sprocket01/MaxPower/BritishProCycling/ BanProCycling/UnbanProCycling/ etc.

We sure missed you a lot! (not)

I'll bet you last maybe a week before getting banned for the 15th time or whatever it is up to now. No idea why you keep coming back but it's really weird.

Polish said:
Lance's decision is only feeding suspicion among the haters, and that
suspicion will be there regardless if he feeds it or not.

If Lance is CLEAN - this decision makes a lot of sense.

Why have the haters trash his clean numbers?
You know they would. They did in 2009 bwaahaahaa.

Trash his clean numbers? What makes a number clean?

So let me see if I follow your argument: Lance shouldn't post his numbers because the haters will say he's not clean, even though his numbers demonstrate that he is clean.

Ok, first, haters are going to do what haters do: hate. Nothing he does or doesn't do is going to change that fact.

Second, it was Lance's decision to post these numbers because . . . he wanted to prove he was clean. A doctor, not some forum geek or hater, said that his TdF values looked suspicious. Instead of rebutting/addressing his comments, he throws up his hands and says that he's taking it down because anyone with a doctorate can make an allegation and someone will say it is true.

To sum up, he's taking down the values he posted to prove he was clean because a scientist specializing in autologous blood transfusions found his TdF values suspicious. So either Lance no longer wants to prove he's clean or he doesn't want to have to answer questions about his blood values to prove he's clean. Either way, it doesn't look good from here.

If there is nothing to hide, there is nothing to hide.

Polish said:
Exactly!

related.

If the Dalai Lama's Hct % actually INCREASED over the course of a 3-week Grand Tour then he would be called out as well, yes. Guess that means I simply must hate the Dalai Lama because I'm questioning how something physiologically impossible occurred...

TRENDING THREADS