• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis letter re drug use in cycling

Page 64 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

sherwen and ligget reminding us that

"none of the riders involved have ever failed a drugtest"
"all the allegations are completely unfounded"

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Well, this has been a thoroughly unproductive work day, followed by a night of restless sleep. Been an interesting one to say the least!

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
On the tour tracker they just showed close ups of Lance. His shorts are torn with road rash under the holes, his left arm is all red, and he had the cut under the eye,

Phil just said everything is unfounded, and that Landis told the race this was going to come out now because they didn't select him. Nice spin. I'm switching to Eurosport Uk (forever)

TeamSkyFans said:
Brailsfords reaction to Barry allegations

"However, I think that [for] every single rider we sign on to this team - we've had a look at their biological passports, we did our due diligence. In Michael's case, the team he came from [HTC-Columbia], I think we have a lot of respect for in terms of their ethical code.

"We are an open transparent team and we're here to race clean," he said. "We believe you can perform clean at the elite end of this sport. Now I could be horribly mistaken, but from the evidence that I have, it can be done and that's what we're here to do. That's one of my great motivations for being here. It's not just about the winning. It's about coming forward and doing it properly on the basis of science and technology."

"When we have the solid concrete facts, then you know where to go and what to do and we'll act accordingly. We're in the sports to race clean and that's what we'll do. "I'm sure he will talk at the hotel tonight and we'll establish the facts."

Im going to guess that Michael Barry will be the first casuality. Brailsford has nothing to defend as far as the allegations go, but he does have a current reputation to take care of and I think he will have to be seen to do the right thing.
Finally a somewhat good response to the situation, that isn't just about denying everything etc.

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
On the tour tracker they just showed close ups of Lance. His shorts are torn with road rash under the holes, his left arm is all red, and he had the cut under the eye,

Phil just said everything is unfounded, and that Landis told the race this was going to come out now because they didn't select him. Nice spin. I'm switching to Eurosport Uk (forever)

From Eurosport's Giro coverage today

Harmon "Isn't it awful we have to talk about rubbish like this?

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
cn: Armstrong crashes out of Amgen Tour of California

According to reports he went down with several teammates including Levi Leipheimer and Chechu Rubiera. Riders from HTC-Columbia, BMC Racing, Fly V Australia and Rabobank were also caught up in the crash.

These include Bernhard Eisel (Team HTC-Columbia), Tony Martin (Team HTC-Columbia), Jakob Fuglsang and Stuart O’Grady (Team Saxo Bank), Paul Mach (Bissell), Jeremy Hunt (Cervelo Test Team), Lars Ytting Bak (Team HTC-Columbia), Will Routley (Jelly Belly Presented by Kenda), Marc De Maar (Unitedhealthcare Presented by Maxxis) and Bernard Van Ulden (Jelly Belly Presented by Kenda).
All the riders got back up, including Armstrong and O’Grady. They and others got medical assistance from the race doctor but after a few kilometres both Armstrong and O’Grady retired.

OMG - This is a mass suicide!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
sherwen and ligget reminding us that

"none of the riders involved have ever failed a drugtest"
"all the allegations are completely unfounded"

That's factually innacurate.

Do their read e-mails on the air like eurosport does? If so, please give me their address so I can "remind them" Levi has tested positive before.

theswordsman said:

Yes. The Versus spin machine is already at high revs.

Phil mentions unfounded allegations.

Paul says Flandis has no credibility.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Armstrong needed stitches under his eye and on his left arm. His shorts were torn with serious road rash.

So, what affect does it have that Michael Barry is Canadian?

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
A little unfair on Harmon there, he said that when comparing it to a beautiful shot of the countryside.

He also said it's right that they're talking about it and it's not going to go away.

Sorry, I went straight to Gazzetta and therefore missed Harmon's balanced analysis.

A

Anonymous

issoisso said:

Do their read e-mails on the air like eurosport does? If so, please give me their address so I can "remind them" Levi has tested positive before.

you can tweet them, but they wont read it or reply..

especially since US cycling have since said they can only release the details on levi's failed test and subsequent ban when levi gives permission for it to be released :D

issoisso said:

The completely unfounded is untrue too; Floyd isn't just some idiot on a messageboard throwing round accusations (apologies all), he was demonstrably there for umpteen years, and is offering first hand testimony.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
The completely unfounded is untrue too; Floyd isn't just some idiot on a messageboard throwing round accusations (apologies all), he was demonstrably there for umpteen years, and is offering first hand testimony.

Yes, but I can't say that or rabid fanboys will jump out of the walls and eat my hat.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
Armstrong needed stitches under his eye and on his left arm. His shorts were torn with serious road rash.

So, what affect does it have that Michael Barry is Canadian?

Should it have any? And I say this as being a Canadian myself.

Maybe what I'm trying to say is that I don't really understand the question.

A

Anonymous

Liggett "poor lance armstrong.. his eye was bleeding"

I think we may need a seperate Ligget and Sherwen stupid quote thread

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Condorman said:
From Eurosport's Giro coverage today

Harmon "Isn't it awful we have to talk about rubbish like this?

Thanks. I was up all night from this story, then slept through the Giro. Magnus Backstedt does the commentary for the ATOC on Eurosport - I really want to hear how he handles it. Plus he's my favorite race announcer.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
My statement supposed an investigation uncovering more info.

Agreed there, there is (was!!!!) plenty for at least that... BUT

It's tricky... he's an American citizen, it is usually frowned upon by the US if we start to investigate (and that is simply the truth, these things are touchy). Otoh, it's France and it's the TdF.. so who knows, maybe the French will go after him.

I hope they will, still very doubtful if they will do more than raid a few teams.

Roland Rat said:
On the video of the presser, about 7.45, q - "Are you going to tell the truth if the federal prosecutors get involved in this?" A - "absolutely" (while shaking head). You want to get a body language on that answer right there.
Check out how he claims "We have nothing to hide" twice and then immediately folds arms (2:10).

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Wow, the bleeding from the Armstrong's eyeball was cool! Can he make his head spin round too? Sky +ing ToC as it seems to be mysteriously moving around the schedules and I, too, want to hear what Maggy has to say