• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races 2023 edition

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Lotto should just start working on a wheel extension system that could be employed near the finish line. Together with DSM's tyre pressure system, you'd be able to win races from miles away.

Add in a feature like Viviani:

FqH_wKEXoAEvSv9

I would contest the hell out of that. Lawyer up. WTF.

I mean it's just Monseré, I actually really like Thijssen so I'm not that mad, but Ewan definitely didn't deserve all that. I would feel robbed if this happened to me.

Not that these photo's say anything (they could be misleading) but deciding who wins based on that photofinish is ridiculous if it looks like Ewan won on other photo's. They threw another chance at us seeing an actual death heat into the bin sadly :( Or just have 2 winners, who would actually care?

FqeuIFnWAAcXOgg

FqerRl9WAAYdAds

Illegal finishline, a misplaced camera and this blurry photo. Must be great to be Ewan.

FqenO4pX0AMXq0y
How is it possible that anno domini 2023 this sport is still incapable of fully determining who did or did not win? It is outright scandalous. Doesn't matter that it was just the UAE Tour and just Monseré, because next time around it might be for a world title.

Did Ewan win? God knows, but you sure as hell cannot tell him he did not win.

How is it possible that anno domini 2023 this sport is still incapable of fully determining who did or did not win? It is outright scandalous. Doesn't matter that it was just the UAE Tour and just Monseré, because next time around it might be for a world title.

Did Ewan win? God knows, but you sure as hell cannot tell him he did not win.

Atleast the UAE Tour finish line was straight and it was a high pixel photo. This one is just straight up BS and it gets worse...

View: https://twitter.com/LucGrefte/status/1632505522271256577

View: https://twitter.com/LucGrefte/status/1632508332752633856

The race organisation is incompetent because both the photo finish setup and the finish line itself did not meet the regulations in just about every way possible.
The jury is incompetent because you can't accurately call the win for Thijssen as a result.
And the UCI is incompetent because they did nothing to intervene and will almost certainly issue no repercussions whatsoever.
If you cannot get the basic of all basics - accurately determining the correct winner - right, you should have nothing to do with any kind of sport. The cardinal sin in terms of protecting the integrity of cycling. Disgraceful.

TRENDING THREADS