• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races 2023 edition

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nokere Koerse will be finished in few minutes…

Euskaltel wanted to ride here, and even were invited. Funny… :)

Probably Euskaltel‘s riders love or will learn to love Nokere Koerse… smile

Euskaltel also rode the smaller Belgian races last weekend. They're obviously not going to win, but a top 20 is not impossible, and that is also worth some UCI points.

But there is still over an hour left of the race.

Are you sure about that? Says 60+ Ks for me...

Meanwhile, I made it home just in time to see a small win in Italy.

Ah, right, I had Torino in mind. 60k to go in Nokere.

Tudor‘s Arvid de Kleijn wins Milano-Torino. Huge, huge surprise, considering the strong line-up. But de Kleijn is strong, won nice races in the past. Nevertheless, no excuse for Gaviria not to win this…

Reactions: Sandisfan
Milano-Torino: Cancellara happy
Clipboard.png

(thanks RedHeadDane for the thread advice!)

Ah, right, I had Torino in mind. 60k to go in Nokere.

Tudor‘s Arvid de Kleijn wins Milano-Torino. Huge, huge surprise, considering the strong line-up. But de Kleijn is strong, won nice races in the past. Nevertheless, no excuse for Gaviria not to win this…

It's actually the first time that de Kleijn has won a race of this calibre without getting lucky with a crash or disqualification.

He went left and then right. Come on, that is beyond ridiculous. If you're not at least relegating for that then why have rules at all?

Just be honest and state that the commissaries can punish everyone involved in a crash on a subjective basis or because of their history, nationality, or because one of the stars of the sport complains.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan