• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races 2023 edition

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Total is really bad this year. Can't even top 15 their easy home races.

Yeah... neither Dujardin or Burgaudeau has had much success yet this season. Ferron was 2nd in GP Marseille and second on a stage in Etoile Bessenges, but struggled since then.

Those are three riders that have shown some promise in the past year.

Tesson is a signing that started alright in Rwanda with two easy stage-wins and Almeria (8th), but done nothing in the past month since then when the races gotten tougher. Maybe doesnt have the level to compete or not in good form.

Turgis was 9th in MSR. Not done much in the cobbles so far, but could have a good day when you least expect it.

Latour and EBH are the only ones that been decent I guess. Doing what you could expect from them.

It is a very mediocre team though, when you look at the roster. A lot of older riders and some who is just riding around receiving a pay-check is the impression you get.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It is very mediocre team though, when you look at the roster. A lot of older riders.

Sure but it was basically the same team last year and they were around 10th spot on the UCI ranking back then at this moment, and they did that without getting like 400 points in Africa.

At first I thought it was because their French races have a bit more competition now (cause more teams are riding more races to get some points on the board), but then again, these French races the last 2 weeks have basically only French teams + 2 or 3 decent PCT teams at the start and they are still not performing.

Obviously I don't mind it, as it takes away the points stress for Lotto (and also Israel) pretty early. It can go fast, but I don't see them making up 2200 points out of nowhere. You need top performances in big races to do that, and they don't have the riders to do that.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Sure but it was basically the same team last year and they were around 10th spot on the UCI ranking back then at this moment, and they did that without getting like 400 points in Africa.

At first I thought it was because their French races have a bit more competition now (cause more teams are riding more races to get some points on the board), but then again, these French races the last 2 weeks have basically only French teams + 2 or 3 decent PCT teams at the start and they are still not performing.

It is difficult to say exactly what it is... but since a lot riders are underperforming, something is probably not right. Behind the scenes stuff, maybe riders are disgruntled... it could be many factors.

TRENDING THREADS