• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races 2023 edition

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Guess I should have written "just because you're over 30". Lots of riders have their best years in their 30es.

Yes, but that is not what was discussed. That point is neither here nor there this time.

The facts are that the team is underperforming and a reason for that MIGHT be their aging roster, where many of them has never been stars or been great riders or is clearly past their best for quite some time. That was the only thing that was being suggested.

You just fixated on a word and took offense.

The facts are that the team is underperforming and a reason for that MIGHT be their aging roster, where many of them has never been stars or been great riders or is clearly past their best for quite some time. That was the only thing that was being suggested.

Quite a difference between stating that it MIGHT be their "aging rosters", and straight up writing "lots of old riders".
How come you are allowed to make an arbitrary definition of "old" (older than 30), but I'm not?

Reactions: Sandisfan
Quite a difference between stating that it MIGHT be their "aging rosters", and straight up writing "lots of old riders".
How come you are allowed to make an arbitrary definition of "old" (older than 30), but I'm not?

Pointless discussion, move on.

Just learn to read full sentences and things within context.

"...is the impression you get."

What is an impression. Since you now completely ruined the discussion based on your semantics and because you just dont liked me using the word "old". Hence why I said from the beginning, dont comment on everything for the sake of commenting when you just wanna act like a police.

In this argument you are clearly wrong, when there are actual facts to back up what has been said. Not just a difference of opinion on what "old" is. Everything is relative.

Last edited:
Reactions: yaco
I am counting six riders born in the 80s and eight riders above 30 in total.

8/25 is close to a third of the team.

Then you have about 6-7 more riders that are close to thirty or will soon be thirty.

I would say that is a roster that has a lot of "old" riders on it, as I said.
They also have the second-highest average age of all WT and PRT teams. And even the one team that has them beat (no points for guessing who) only is 0.6 years ahead of them. Of course, it should drop a little when Sagan and company leave after this year, but even without him I agree there's a bit too much past glory to their roster.

Reactions: Salvarani
So Marc Soler to finally break free of his UAE shackles and win
Gran Premio Miguel Indurain
this weekend ??????

Or will Richie Carapaz deny him ??
I think neither are top favourites here. Both would likely have to win solo, because Higuita and Skjelmose are both faster in a sprint and should be up there if they're in decent form, not to mention the likes of Ulissi, Hirschi, Aranburu, Strong, Schelling who could or should all be competitive on this terrain too. Now, winning solo is definitely possible in this race, but I'm not particularly confident in either being the strongest on the day.

Groves, Herregodts and Staune Mittet in front group. Lotto missed it and are trying to bridge now but it's a minute gap

EDIT: Van Gils, Eenkhoorn, Menten, Bregnhoj and De Bondt made the jump to the front group. Definitely costed some energy tho.

Last edited:
Especially Van Gils, Groves (getting better and better uphill) and Herregodts look really good. Van Gils immediately attacked while he just closed a minute gap.

Still 70km left and it's complete carnage.

EDIT: Oscar Onley out of nowhere solo'ing his way to the front group.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS