• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races 2024 edition

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A good demonstration of how the descending ability can decide the outcome of races. Well done McNulty.

Still, Van Gils' kick was impressive, he will be one to watch in Flèche.
I ve done that descent. It short but really complicated for a race...more wet...It is no a good idea to put that descent so decissive. It was better when they finished at the Puy, a little climb

Reactions: Sciatic
I dont understand IPT...I think Woods had a problem, but his first rider wasnt top 40, and they are Happy they controlled the race and made attack at the end...yes, one attack, if you save the riders maybe can position leaders better at the end and hace more people to attack. Maybe i lose something, but they use to control races without the favourite if they are not at the break...quite stupid.

I dont understand IPT...I think Woods had a problem, but his first rider wasnt top 40, and they are Happy they controlled the race and made attack at the end...yes, one attack, if you save the riders maybe can position leaders better at the end and hace more people to attack. Maybe i lose something, but they use to control races without the favourite if they are not at the break...quite stupid.

Both Woods and Williams (last descent) crashed.

• Sad
Reactions: Sandisfan
Région Pays de la Loire Tour (2.1) starts today- 4 stages in the less affluent part of France.
Startlist at https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/region-pays-de-la-loire/2024/startlist
Cheese King Cosnefroy, Ben Healy, Coquard, etc.

roadbook with all the details at https://www.calameo.com/read/0021501786d68b297f449

Stage 1 - 210.5 km (decent length stage!) TV from 13.40 CET on all stages (I think)
region-pays-de-la-loire-2024-stage-1-finish-n2-e06429cfdc.jpg

Reactions: Sandisfan