• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races 2024 edition

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
MvdB was supposed to do the cobbled classics but skipped them because of his injury. So this wasn't really planed, I guess.
Wasn't it?

He rode Catalunya during the time some of the cobbled classics took place (and won a stage there) so I wasn't aware that he had any injury. Heck, him riding Catalunya was part of my point as he rode a race that has one of the weakest sprinter fields of all WT races when races like Brugge-De Panne and G-W were taking place simultaneousy (where he would have been his team's biggest hope for a good result if he rode).

He rode Catalunya and Flanders (and he was pretty strong)? That doesn't scream "injured".
Wasn't it?

He rode Catalunya during the time some of the cobbled classics took place (and won a stage there) so I wasn't aware that he had any injury. Heck, him riding Catalunya was part of my point as he rode a race that has one of the weakest sprinter fields of all WT races when races like Brugge-De Panne and G-W were taking place simultaneousy (where he would have been his team's biggest hope for a good result if he rode).
during Catalunya he said himself that they added it to get back in shape (after his concussion). So it wasn't planed initially.

And if he did the full classics season instead, I don't think he would still start in Pais de la Loire.

From the communiquée:

w6fq5xX.png

Reactions: Sandisfan

Latest posts