• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races 2024 edition

Page 57 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So that’s where the other 2 days of De Panne went: Dunkirk kidnapped them!

It was also "More than four Days of Dunkirk" when it was indeed 3 days of De Panne.

One of my favourite "cycling is a bit weird" situations is from two years ago when, during the same weekend, we had two stages of the Giro... in Hungary, and also stage 5 and 6 of Four Days of Dunkirk...

He has won one stage here in the last 10 years, so this was probably already the case.
And the two years before that he won five stages across those two editions, plus the overall both years. ;)

But if you'd ask me what really is Demare's stage race, I'd say Tour du Poitou Charentes. He once won all five stages in one edition, including a decent-length TT.