• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michael Rogers after leaving Sky

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Fagniniwins said:
What was the last time Rogers rode an ITT full-on? 2012 Dauphine?

Which was the best TT of his career after the world titles.
Aside from the world titles, he was never brilliant against the clock, he was always about the level he is now.

It was a very popular discussion topic back in those years, just why the hell he was so good in the worlds when he was just another guy in any other TT

RobbieCanuck said:
Yeah right. Hincapie, I am so full of EPO and any other PED to get LA to the top. You mean that Hincapie? Hincapie, without dope is a forgettable footnote in cycling history.

I though doping could never come close to matching will power. Were the 2000's just abnormally full of riders that had no will power?

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
He's not having to ride as a domestique at this race much - hence the stage wins. Sky have dominant GC TdF riders so you have to protect them and lose much chance of a stage win.

Otherwise, I say he's riding as well, but with less racing in his legs, so it looks more sus to me.

This, pretty much.

He rode Zoncolan nearly half minute slower than Evans, which says he wasn't exactly flying.

But Mick has dodget so many bullets, he must have 9 cats.. :)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
GuyIncognito said:
Which was the best TT of his career after the world titles.
Aside from the world titles, he was never brilliant against the clock, he was always about the level he is now.

It was a very popular discussion topic back in those years, just why the hell he was so good in the worlds when he was just another guy in any other TT
easy, cos the best tt'ers contested the july world champs chrono which was the Tour de France.

And the best cyclists contested the race on Sunday at the Worlds, the road race. They could not give a flying fark about the chrono

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
He just made the most ambiguous statements during interview - what was the 'I'm not afraid of the outcome any more' bit all about, I wonder. He was talking about 'doing what it took to win' and 'preparing how he had to'.

That's not Clinic-filtered view on it, it was a very disconnected set of statements.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Markyboyzx6r said:
He just made the most ambiguous statements during interview - what was the 'I'm not afraid of the outcome any more' bit all about, I wonder. He was talking about 'doing what it took to win' and 'preparing how he had to'.

That's not Clinic-filtered view on it, it was a very disconnected set of statements.

also puzzled by that

Netserk said:
There's a couple of stages good for him there.

Edit: how many have won a stage in all three in the same year? Cav did it in '10, right? Edit2: ah he didn't do Giro that year. Would've done it in 2011 if he didn't have to withdraw from the Vuelta.

Poblet, Baffi and Petacchi.

Time to add to the list

Edit: GT stage wins in 2014 - 3

road race wins before 2014 at pro level - 4