• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michal Kwiatkowski Thread

Page 35 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

klintE said:
Kwiato is very motivated, more than anyone. First, he's at homeland as actual champion, second, he takes very seriously fact that his team is working for him and only for him.
Can't imagine he can loose this TdP.
Honestly, I can imagine.
Ha has 3 weeks of huge TdF's effort in his legs and was weaker in 3rd week than in 2nd.
Today we have 4 x 3,1 km x 5,6% and 4 x 2,1 x 5,9%, which apparently looks like (after summarizing km) only 1 cat and 2 cat TdF climbs but that's different (interval) kind of effort.

Re: Re:

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
klintE said:
Kwiato is very motivated, more than anyone. First, he's at homeland as actual champion, second, he takes very seriously fact that his team is working for him and only for him.
Honestly, I can imagine.
Ha has 3 weeks of huge TdF's effort in his legs and was weaker in 3rd week than in 2nd.
Today we have 4 x 3,1 km x 5,6% and 4 x 2,1 x 5,9%, which apparently looks like (after summarizing km) only 1 cat and 2 cat TdF climbs but that's different (interval) kind of effort.

You also thought he wouldn't win Tirreno-Adriatico after Thomas had had his accident.

He won't lose this.

tobydawq said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
klintE said:
Honestly, I can imagine.

You also thought he wouldn't win Tirreno-Adriatico after Thomas had had his accident.

He won't lose this.
Oh my God. I don't remember what I thought few months ago, but you do right know. Really incredible. :)

pastronef said:
klintE said:
Kwiato will test his seasonal endurance.
Almost 14000 km's in the plan.
He has never spent such a distance.
Hope no master crisis will get him.

in 2014 (when he won the world champs) he did 18500 kms

No. He traveled less than 12.000 kms that year
Procyclingstats has mistake in their summary, stating "18560.99 km in 74 days" - it's 250km for a day (including prologues, TTs, MTFs etc.)
Simply not possible and I think no one ever archived such a distance

Last race he performed in 2014 was Lombardia
Here you have kms/season statistics before this race:
https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/il-lombardia/2014/result/startlist/kms-this-season

Edit:
Or even better, here you have statistics from whole MK career
https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/michal-kwiatkowski/statistics/season-statistics
11988 km is his biggest number

Re:

WheelofGear said:
Passed the first test. Will keep the jersey for at least five more stages.

But La Covatilla is gonna be tough.
Yes, nothing to add.
Edit: well, sth to add from Sky website:
"The stage might have looked easy until the bottom of the last climb, considering that breakaway had 10 minutes, but at the end of the day it's always a challenge to race in 35 degree centigrade."
“As we expected fireworks came on the last climb from LottoNL-Jumbo setting a high pace. I think we did ok staying in red for another day."
“I’m not the biggest GC contender here to win La Vuelta so it's up to [Nairo] Quintana, [Sam] Bennett, Valverde, Yates and others to use this stage to gain time."
“I’m happy about my performance on the last climb and I'm looking forward for another challenging stage.”
Kwiatek, jesteśmy z Tobą :).

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
WheelofGear said:

Yes, nothing to add.
"The stage might have looked easy until the bottom of the last climb, considering that breakaway had 10 minutes, but at the end of the day it's always a challenge to race in 35 degree centigrade."
“As we expected fireworks came on the last climb from LottoNL-Jumbo setting a high pace. I think we did ok staying in red for another day."
“I’m not the biggest GC contender here to win La Vuelta so it's up to [Nairo] Quintana, [Sam] Bennett, Valverde, Yates and others to use this stage to gain time."
“I’m happy about my performance on the last climb and I'm looking forward for another challenging stage.”

Lol, I don't think it's up to Sam Bennett to use that stage to gain time. Did it really say this on the website? :lol:

tobydawq said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
WheelofGear said:

Yes, nothing to add.

Lol, I don't think it's up to Sam Bennett to use that stage to gain time. Did it really say this on the website? :lol:
http://www.steephill.tv/players/youtube3/?title=Race+Leader%27s+Interview+after+Stage+4&dashboard=vuelta-a-espana&id=N4RaD84kgfk&yr=2018
Now it's also corrected at Sky website.

No idea as not heard of any underlying issues but this has been by far his worst career year in terms of both individual results and general performance.

Maybe doing the Tour-Vuelta double last year burned him out and he never got the base fitness over the winter to set up the season

Re:

hayneplane said:
No idea as not heard of any underlying issues but this has been by far his worst career year in terms of both individual results and general performance.

Maybe doing the Tour-Vuelta double last year burned him out and he never got the base fitness over the winter to set up the season

Tour-Vuelta is one thing which a lot of people do all the time but in between he also won the Tour de Pologne and he rode hard at the Dauphiné and Nationals before the Tour so he had a very intense three months. Over"training" does not seem farfetched.

Think he is wasting his prime in TdF as a dom. Imagine the guy just stagehunting, he could win lots and different stages. Fortunately he was bad this year, I think he has been Sky's best domestique over a long period of time due to his incredible versaility. Ineos must pay him well!

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Think he is wasting his prime in TdF as a dom. Imagine the guy just stagehunting, he could win lots and different stages. Fortunately he was bad this year, I think he has been Sky's best domestique over a long period of time due to his incredible versaility. Ineos must pay him well!

Exactly. Which makes it all the more sad that he has only won non-TT stages in the Tour of Poland on the WorldTour. Never a Grand Tour stage for the guy who has won 5 different WT one day races plus the WCRR and Tirreno-Adriatico. Such an odd palmares.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:

His career really feels like a waste. Could have been and won so much more riding as a leader, and not just in a couple of races every year. The money for sure was good I guess, but not really leaving much of big mark behind him. Won a couple of big races, then just being an integral part of the Sky/Ineos-train. I wonder if he will regret that later or start to. If he is burnout now. He will be 30 next year. Maybe (probably?) he has had his peak as a rider.

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site
Re:

IndianCyclist said:
Yeah, CCC is inerested about Kwiat and Majka, but both have contracts to 2020. Kwiat said, that his priority is Ineos and Majka extended his contract with Bora before this season. I doubt that Kwiatkowski will leave Ineos. So for CCC is more possible goal Majka.

Salvarani said:
Valv.Piti said:

His career really feels like a waste. Could have been and won so much more riding as a leader, and not just in a couple of races every year. The money for sure was good I guess, but not really leaving much of big mark behind him. Won a couple of big races, then just being an integral part of the Sky/Ineos-train. I wonder if he will regret that later or start to. If he is burnout now. He will be 30 next year. Maybe (probably?) he has had his peak as a rider.

He has sixteen wins since joining Ineos.

MatParker117 said:
Salvarani said:
Valv.Piti said:

He has sixteen wins since joining Ineos.

Ok. Where did I say he hasnt won races? And. What was the greater point in my post?

TRENDING THREADS