• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Most believable Tour in years?

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
It is not possible to win big races clean at this point.

There has not been a single point in this tour where Nibali was under pressure except perhaps the cobbles stage where he annihilated the field.

Yellow since the beginning of stage 3 (except one day). 4 Stage wins. 8 minute lead. Zero bad days.

Cruise control.

Not normal.

It's not only Nibali,there are also the french guys,who seems to be ignored by everybody,their performances are suspect to say at least.There is no way they get those places clean,it's Europcar miracle all over again.Maybe because Sky sucked and Contador is injured people prefer to live the french dream,now all that is needed is a positive for Nibali and the"clean cycling era" will triumph.

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Peraud wins my kryptonite filtered yellow jersey. Great to see him absolutely hammered at the end of it, unable to stand up. Hopefully officially his title one day.

Indurain would have done Martin wearing yellow.

MBotero said:
It's not only Nibali,there are also the french guys,who seems to be ignored by everybody,their performances are suspect to say at least.There is no way they get those places clean,it's Europcar miracle all over again.Maybe because Sky sucked and Contador is injured people prefer to live the french dream,now all that is needed is a positive for Nibali and the"clean cycling era" will triumph.

I read several of your recent posts and what transpires is a disturbing anti-French sentiment, much deeper than just looking at individuals and questioning their performance. I feel sorry for you. As far as I'm concerned, I will wait to see data, watts, comparisons, to forge an opinion. You are reactiong with your guts and spitting venom because your dear Piti got his tail kicked. i feel sorry for you...not for Piti. What a pity :p

Considering how many riders were close to each other until the end, that many teams were competitive including having a highly placed GC rider, there seem to have been some sort of an even playing field. Whether all were clean or all doped we may not know for another 10 years.

Exception is Nibali, but again, it was pretty much accepted before the start that after the two favorites CF and AC he was the strongest rider, with all other 'contenders' one notch below.

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Tonton said:
I read several of your recent posts and what transpires is a disturbing anti-French sentiment, much deeper than just looking at individuals and questioning their performance. I feel sorry for you. As far as I'm concerned, I will wait to see data, watts, comparisons, to forge an opinion. You are reactiong with your guts and spitting venom because your dear Piti got his tail kicked. i feel sorry for you...not for Piti. What a pity :p

Considering how many riders were close to each other until the end, that many teams were competitive including having a highly placed GC rider, there seem to have been some sort of an even playing field. Whether all were clean or all doped we may not know for another 10 years.

Exception is Nibali, but again, it was pretty much accepted before the start that after the two favorites CF and AC he was the strongest rider, with all other 'contenders' one notch below.

Lol i'm anti-French,sure i am.Virenque was one of my favorites ,i also liked Moreau,Jaja too,i love Pierre Roland his one classy rider and this sure qualify me as anti-french,i agree:confused:Seems like for some guys nationalism is first,everything else don't mater.Ok,i got it everybody is clean,silly me forgot that Brailsford already certified that.

MBotero said:
Lol i'm anti-French,sure i am.Virenque was one of my favorites ,i also liked Moreau,Jaja too,i love Pierre Roland his one classy rider and this sure qualify me as anti-french,i agree:confused:Seems like for some guys nationalism is first,everything else don't mater.Ok,i got it everybody is clean,silly me forgot that Brailsford already certified that.

Your recent posts are 'The French' this and 'The French' that. Did a French guy take off with your girlfriend, or what? Yes, some members are blinded by nationalism. The very reason why I didn't feel like joining or posting anything before LA's confessions: I have better things to do rather than written confrontations. Read some of my posts and you will see that I'm quite a skeptic. However, I'm not the kind that will cry 'doping' every time that a rider produces a great performance either.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Tonton said:
Your recent posts are 'The French' this and 'The French' that. Did a French guy take off with your girlfriend, or what? Yes, some members are blinded by nationalism. The very reason why I didn't feel like joining or posting anything before LA's confessions: I have better things to do rather than written confrontations. Read some of my posts and you will see that I'm quite a skeptic. However, I'm not the kind that will cry 'doping' every time that a rider produces a great performance either.

Are you French Tonton?

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Tonton said:

Well,maybe it's time for you to use the ignore feature of the forum if i hurt your nationalism pride,no need to try personal attacks. I can cry about doping all day long,i don't think that's your problem.Maybe you shouldn't read this subsection of the forum if you don't like it.:)

MBotero said:
Well,maybe it's time for you to use the ignore feature of the forum if i hurt your nationalism pride,no need to try personal attacks. I can cry about doping all day long,i don't think that's your problem.Maybe you shouldn't read this subsection of the forum if you don't like it.:)

I'm still going to read your posts :)

TRENDING THREADS