Motor doping thread

Page 192 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Freddythefrog said:
... Years ago Stade Two had a motorbike with IR camera. A glowing bottom 4” of seat tube – how the hell can anyone explain that – a hot drink stored in a secret extra water bottle location ? ...
A faulty bb. All the bikes now are sub-6.8kg and they drop tungsten ballast weights down the seat tube to make spec weight. The metal ballast weights rest on top of warm-ish bb and readily transmit heat up the seat tube.

Jun 29, 2017
Not sure if anyone has seen the Tom Skujins crash today on stage 9 of TDF. He gets up turns his bike around and the wheel is spinning like a bat out of hell...
Looking for a video of this.....suspect?
Hey Marmot!

Jul 29, 2016
Re: Re:

lartiste said:
macbindle said:
Dragontearz said:
https://twitter.com/bjmackay638/status/1018148124643217408
He might have just spun the cranks to put bike in lower gear for restart
Please watch it carefully:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlQ1c3hF64w/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1n8d8ntrmmy54

you can clearly see, that the cranks moves just about 1/4 of the circle, not more, it is not explanation, he clearly did not move the cranks to shift ....
There had to have been force applied to the pedals for the crank to continue to spin like that. He clearly was either putting his chain back on or changing gears before the video starts.

This is a big nothing.

If we're going to believe in conspiracy theories, then let's play with this one: videos like this Toms Skujiņš one seem to be promoted in order to discredit the belief that motors are in use, or have ever been in use. What's LA doing in his spodcast? Is he just throwing shade at Trek, for whom Skujiņš rides? Or is he also throwing shade at those who say he used a motor?

Mar 18, 2009

Escarabajo said:
thehog said:
hazaran said:
Thats some wimpy motor given it didn't move at all after he put the back down..
Noted the same. If it was a motor the bike would have moved forward when the wheel hit he ground. This one is fake news.
It is still hard to believe it can move that way. What is the explanation?
He hand cranked his chain onto the ring, swings the bike to the pavement, wheel still spinning and drops it. Pretty common.

HelmutRoole said:
Escarabajo said:
thehog said:
hazaran said:
Noted the same. If it was a motor the bike would have moved forward when the wheel hit he ground. This one is fake news.
He hand cranked his chain onto the ring, swings the bike to the pavement, wheel still spinning and drops it. Pretty common.
Oh. Ok. I guess I've done it but not like that. But I understand now.

La Flor those videos are always block in my computer. I wonder if there is another source somewhere else.

Mar 18, 2009

Escarabajo said:
HelmutRoole said:
Escarabajo said:
thehog said:
hazaran said:
Oh. Ok. I guess I've done it but not like that. But I understand now.
Not say there’s no motor doping. Riders have been caught so there is; how pervasive is the question.

Nov 29, 2010
Just goes to show how badly people want there to be motor doping to highlight something with an incredibly obvious explanation.

What was even more bizzare was Armstrong on his podcast couldn't make sense that someone would lift their bike up when they put the chain on and spin the cranks. He was baffled. :rolleyes:

Jul 29, 2016
My mistake, you are clearly correct guys.

deValtos:

You can trust me, that I really do not want motor in the race since it would mean destruction of my loved sport. On the other hand there is no explanation for some performances ... .

deValtos said:
Just goes to show how badly people want there to be motor doping to highlight something with an incredibly obvious explanation.

What was even more bizzare was Armstrong on his podcast couldn't make sense that someone would lift their bike up when they put the chain on and spin the cranks. He was baffled. :rolleyes:
I thought that was lame on LA's part -- he clearly knows it wasn't a motor but was just trying to stir sh** up

LA should stick to race tactics on his podcast and avoid discussing anything to do with doping, pharmacological or otherwise. His credibility is permanently compromised.

Bolder said:
deValtos said:

I thought that was lame on LA's part -- he clearly knows it wasn't a motor but was just trying to stir sh** up

LA should stick to race tactics on his podcast and avoid discussing anything to do with doping, pharmacological or otherwise. His credibility is permanently compromised.
He kinda acknowledged his error in yesterday's podcast though... So it seems he really couldn't explain it initially.

ASK THE COMMUNITY