Motor doping thread

Page 193 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
don't think anyone stated that the issue had finally been put to rest?

164 bikes x rayed at tour and nothing found

millions watching on TV and at roadside etc nothing positive seen.....?

if indeed motors were used at this tour who were using them and what is the evidence

for thinking so?

Mark L

JosephK said:
Thank goodness the UCI have looked closely at the issue of tech fraud and finally put it to rest:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-finds-no-evidence-of-mechanical-doping-at-the-tour-de-france/

Lots of increased trust in the cleanness of cycling promoted by the UCI and WADA this year. It's all about transparency, figuratively and literally. :D
'The objective is to eliminate suspicion' says Lappartient
as opposed to, you know, catch cheaters...

proffate said:
JosephK said:
Thank goodness the UCI have looked closely at the issue of tech fraud and finally put it to rest:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-finds-no-evidence-of-mechanical-doping-at-the-tour-de-france/

Lots of increased trust in the cleanness of cycling promoted by the UCI and WADA this year. It's all about transparency, figuratively and literally. :D
'The objective is to eliminate suspicion' says Lappartient
as opposed to, you know, catch cheaters...
Lappartient has figured out that in this race they were not being used. I don't believe he ever thought that at this level they were. In those circumstances what else can he say?

I can't figure out why on this forum many are willing to give him a free pass. He screwed up about the Froome inhaler case just before the Tour and may have been implicated earlier in the leak. He stirred up public opinion and nearly caused a crisis. Now he's spent a fortune on Xray equipment that would find motors if there were any but the usual brigade are not impressed, so what was the point?

May 26, 2010
Tafi.

If Tafi wanting to ride Paris Roubaix as a competitor at 52 doesn't tell you motors are commonplace then nothing will!

Benotti69 said:
Tafi.

If Tafi wanting to ride Paris Roubaix as a competitor at 52 doesn't tell you motors are commonplace then nothing will!
I guess I'll have to take nothing. Oh, hang on a moment, the moon's just come out, wow, that's it, that's proof that motors are commonplace. I'm a believer!

Benotti69 said:
Tafi.

Absolutely. And if me wanting to win the Black Reels best actor award despite not being black or an actor tells you nothing about racism in Hollywood then nothing will.

I was eating Alphabetti spaghetti last night and if I picked the letters out carefully it spelled out this message: "motors are commonplace". I wish I'd taken a photograph as I know the Kool-Aid-drinking skepthicks round here won't believe me, but it's true, true I tell you.

Sciatic said:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/well/move/a-device-that-makes-running-faster-and-easier.html

Not motorized yet, but would be easy to include system sending electrical impulses to specific muscle groups to make it even more “efficient.”
Isn't this largely what toe-traps/clip-in pedals - c19th inventions - already do in cycling?

I was chatting with @ewonsprokler on twitter.

he says Landis didnt speak about motors, in the Benson interview.

I replied, why a broken man, no money, no wife, destroyed, father in law killed himself, no future, didnt talk about motors if he wanted to bring and crush diown Lance.
he had nothing to lose

show us the motors Floyd!

I don't know how relevant this is but I have a co-worker who has a motor in his BMX bike. It is in his frame but you can't tell it is there because it isn't a bulkier frame than other BMX bikes. Without pedaling he is able to go around 10-20mph depending on the terrain with just the motor. He doesn't have a switch to activate it, he just has to hold the pedals at a 90 degree angle for 3 seconds and it turns on/off. It also doesn't make any noticeable noise but you csn definitely feel the heat when you touch the frame.

Soooo: a Swiss publication is claiming that riders around Pogacar are hearing a motor in his rear hub. Has the UCI xrayed the rear hubs yet? They weigh the bikes to be sure that they are heavy enough so is TP's bike heavier than everyone else?

You are welcome to scroll up through this thread to see how many times I question rear hub motors that fit in standard size shells. Sure, in a dinner plate size hub, but in a Campy hub? So the gear from a watch are strong enough to add 50-100 w?!

I can't wait for the dude with the thermal cameras to pop up again!

I still don't like the title of this thread because its not 'doping', but whatever...

Last edited:
Reactions: topt

ASK THE COMMUNITY