• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pricey_sky said:
If Purito does the Tour along with Contador and Valverde then surely they won't be in good form come the end of the Vuelta? It's becoming even more difficult to back to back GT's. Hopefully Quintana arrives in form after a rest and he would then be a worthy favourite.

Valverde has shown that he can do two Gt's back to back. As far as the others are concerned I don't know how well they will do. I do know that Contador has stated the Vuelta as one of his objectives this year.

Jspear said:
Valverde has shown that he can do two Gt's back to back. As far as the others are concerned I don't know how well they will do. I do know that Contador has stated the Vuelta as one of his objectives this year.

I think they would all be ok to a certain degree however, I can't see Contador being 100% to battle Froome for 3 weeks then have another 3 weeks of a tough Vuelta and not show signs of tiredness.

Pricey_sky said:
I think they would all be ok to a certain degree however, I can't see Contador being 100% to battle Froome for 3 weeks then have another 3 weeks of a tough Vuelta and not show signs of tiredness.

I completely agree. I'm hoping that all them Spanish climbers are as strong as possible, but I doubt they'll be in tip top condition. Quintana should definitely be fresher than them.

Pippo_San said:
This thread is hilarious. All the new-Messiah Quintana fanboys are leaving the ship already and thinking about the Vuelta?
I thought he should've already smashed the Giro by now :D

I'm thinking of the Vuelta a little, I'm thinking of the Giro alot! Quintana will strike in this final week....and I still think he can win the overall. :D If Quintana loses I'll congratulate you on your prediction, but don't get comfy to soon. He ain't finished yet. :p

RichieTheBest

BANNED
Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
there's nothing criminal to support someone, admire a rider, expect a solid perfomance from him, but when the only thing expected from him is crushing the opposition in the mountains and it doesn't happen for some reason.. either way, it looks a bit ridiculous.

airstream said:
there's nothing criminal to support someone, admire a rider, expect a solid perfomance from him, but when the only thing expected from him is crushing the opposition in the mountains and it doesn't happen for some reason.. either way, it looks a bit ridiculous.

You really just cannot help yourself?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Please guys,dont quote that clown Pippo at least in this thread my ignore is pointless then,and im suffering a lot when reading his bs:eek:

RichieTheBest said:

but the reason is that there werent any yet:rolleyes:

May 19, 2011
Visit site
maxmartin said:
Nah, his TT is better than I thought it would be, I think he is in quite good condition and may keep improving in the coming important weeks. In Monte Zoncolan the gap will be minutes.

It confirms my suspicion, but I am disappointed he sucked so much wheels out of Pozi.
And Wouter Poels should be the team leader!:eek:

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
If we're all going to start quoting ourselves, I think you'll all find that I will win in the end. :cool:

Today was just the calm before the storm.......

Afrank said:
Quintana will destroy everyone that get's in his way as he climbs like and angel to every single MTF win. Evans, Uran, and everyone else think they have known pain, but they don't know real pain until they faced off against Nairito. He will put everyone into such oxygen debt through his many epic solo attacks that they will beg for mercy until they finally collapse off their bikes mid stage in exhaustion. While everyone's legs are turning inside out Nairito will be ascending the slopes of Italy like Pantani every time the road goes uphill. 10.0 W/kg, breaking every climbs record, and making guys like Merckx and Hinault look like over hyped neo-pros. It will be domination on a scale never seen before.

I am 100% serious with this post. :cool:

Good post Afrank. :D

May 19, 2011
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
I'd quote myself as well, if it wasn't for the fact that I've never said anything quote-worthy.

But:

HE'S BACK!

:D

He never left. The TT was quite his usual level. Some people just have too much expectation thinking he should be Giro leader by now.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
roundabout said:
Pretty lame riding today. But whatever pleases the fanboys

agree sucked so much wheels, but it is still a little too early to show the real hands and hit top form. The best scenario for him is to claw some time back and give a fatal punch in the third week. I would say he is sitting in a pretty sweet spot.

TRENDING THREADS