• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Championships 2018

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pierre Latour destroyed his opponents to win another jersey.
DgymaRwWAAIGWcG

Still haven’t seen the actual times in Ireland, but Mullen said on Twitter that he botched his pacing in the current heatwave. He still caught the second place finisher. This is the problem with small countries - if there’s one genuinely good competitor there’s no competition at all. Mullen will win this every year he turns up with any kind of form until he retires.

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Ryan Mullen (Trek Segafredo) wins the Irish men’s TT, in what might be the single most predictable nats result in the sport. They might as well just award him the jersey and go for a pint in the sunshine instead of bothering to hold the race.

Alternative; Mullen has to chug a pint before rolling down the ramp.

It was a three-in-a-row kinda day in Denmark, first Uttrup for the women (ahead of Mathiesen and Langvad), then Toft Madsen for the men (ahead of Bjerg and Quaade).

And I got really confused when I saw "Tanfield" in second among the British elite TT, having already seen the result for the U23 race... :p

Re:

King Of The Wolds said:
Young Harry Tanfield got within 30 odd seconds of a prime form G. Not many will do that in the TdF ITT in a few weeks time. Beat Dowsett too. Some WT teams will have taken note of that.

When interviewed after on podium he said he nearly lost it on corner was more careful after that, though I doubt G would have pushed it through the tighter corners

Both Tanfields are going to win a few National TTS though flatter ones will suit better

Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Ryan Mullen (Trek Segafredo) wins the Irish men’s TT, in what might be the single most predictable nats result in the sport. They might as well just award him the jersey and go for a pint in the sunshine instead of bothering to hold the race.

Alternative; Mullen has to chug a pint before rolling down the ramp.

Not a bad idea.

Anyway, I’ve just seen the times. Mullen won by 2’01” over Marcus Christie with third place 4’15” behind.

Kelly Murphy (Chapter 2) won the women’s TT.

Michael O’Loughlin (Team Wiggins) took the U23 jersey. He would have come second in the elite TT if he’d been eligible, 1’55” behind Mullen. If an U23 wins the RR, he takes both the elite and U23 crowns but for boring technical reasons, those entered in the U23 TT aren’t eligible for elite medals even though they take place on the same course.

Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Valv.Piti said:
Alexandre B. said:
Pierre Latour destroyed his opponents to win another jersey.
DgymaRwWAAIGWcG
Woah, thats pretty damn impressive. Latour might be in for a great Tour!

Gallopin said he was happy as he had won the French Championships in his category.
Yeah, we was going like a motorcycle out there. You dont go that fast without being in some stunning shape, he was good in Dauphine but obviously still a fair amount off top-shape, looks like he has timed it right. He wont win the Tour, but a top-10, a white jersey while simultionously being Bardet's best climbing domestique should be possible for him. In a weird way he reminds me very much of Soler.