• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 539 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I still wonder why they traded Miller.
And as I often repeat..I am suffering Charger fan..we had a time when front office said that Junior Seau no longer fit in the team mix..everyone in S. California couldn't figure it out..Philip Rivers..? Again strange..the guy was a great Charger..but the night puzzler..John Carney, Bernie Sproles,and Drew Brees all.told to pack up to make room for new blood..they did get their luggage and families and went to New Orleans..well we all saw the difference..so part of Von Miller could have been a bad guess by a team doctor,or a team willing to match or beat a contract..I wish the best always for popular players that get traded when there is still lots of support..and Miller was and is still popular in Colorado..and Stafford has nothing but good things to say about his old teams fans

Reactions: jmdirt
Brady just announced that he hasn't decided in response to the 'sources'.
View: https://mobile.twitter.com/MMcCarthyREV/status/1487573088153882626?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeGiardi/status/1487543857671811079?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Plus the reports from Arians, Leftwich, and his agent that he hasn’t made a decision yet. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was going to retire that this pissed him off and he plays a spite year. Plus I guess in a week or two he gets paid $15 million so maybe will retire after that and show AB how he should have handled the Raiders contract money.

Last edited:
Some people assuming Rodgers will follow him....
Why would Aaron Rodgers want to play in the same division as Patrick Mahomes? The AFC West is one of the most competitive divisions in the NFL, and KC one of the best, most formidable, best coached, organizations in the NFL. Does he really think that Denver is going to complete head to head with Mahomes/Reid just because he's arrived? Play them twice a year? Then see what happens in the playoffs? Just to follow a coach, and because Elway likes older QB's and will pay big $ to get him there? I have some news Aaron, the Packers are a more stacked team than the Broncos. Oh, and the NFC North has one good team. The Packers. If the goal of an NFL team is to win games, think about that scenario for just a second.

Why would Aaron Rodgers want to play in the same division as Patrick Mahomes? The AFC West is one of the most competitive divisions in the NFL, and KC one of the best, most formidable, best coached, organizations in the NFL. Does he really think that Denver is going to complete head to head with Mahomes/Reid just because he's arrived? Play them twice a year? Then see what happens in the playoffs? Just to follow a coach, and because Elway likes older QB's and will pay big $ to get him there? I have some news Aaron, the Packers are a more stacked team than the Broncos. Oh, and the NFC North has one good team. The Packers. If the goal of an NFL team is to win games, think about that scenario for just a second.
I mean, we never said that Rodgers was logical. Everything else aside, I think that’s further proven by the fact he was looking so far forward before the playoffs started that they were already going to the Super Bowl in his mind.

Pretty confident KC will beat Cincy. Maybe by as much as 10 points. Lots of fight in the dog (cat?) of the Bengals, but KC has more firepower, experience, better coach, home field, etc.

On paper, this really should be the one time the Rams finally beat the 49ers, but I wouldn't put place a $1 bet on that happening.
If it turns into a shoot out I give the Bengals a chance. As for the other game the 49ers have been in playoff mode for a while now after a slow start to the season and Jimmy is overdue for a good game, that could spell trouble for the Rams especially if Kittle gets more involved. I also trust the 49ers defense more than the Rams but for the last three weeks I have been in the minority picking the 49ers but I am happy to keep rolling with them as its making me richer and they are my team anyway.............Rams falling to 0-7 in the match up could be crippling for them specially with the chance of a home SB but it seems there is a lot of confidence especially in the sports media that the Rams will win this time.

If it turns into a shoot out I give the Bengals a chance. As for the other game the 49ers have been in playoff mode for a while now after a slow start to the season and Jimmy is overdue for a good game, that could spell trouble for the Rams especially if Kittle gets more involved. I also trust the 49ers defense more than the Rams but for the last three weeks I have been in the minority picking the 49ers but I am happy to keep rolling with them as its making me richer and they are my team anyway.............Rams falling to 0-7 in the match up could be crippling for them specially with the chance of a home SB but it seems there is a lot of confidence especially in the sports media that the Rams will win this time.
From reports though it sounds like the Niners have majority of the fans vs Rams. The regular season game I saw that reports of sales were to 60% Niners fans and for this game it was 65% Niners. We will see later today but I don’t think Niners have any fear at all of the Rams. The passing offense should also theoretically be better in that they aren’t in the freezing cold, plus the team as a whole as an extra day on them. Rams have to also be worried about almost allowing Tampa to beat them, and have had trouble closing out games the last part of the regular season. I think between the two this will be the closer of the two games. For Stafford’s case I hope he avoids what has plagued his career of folding under pressure.

From reports though it sounds like the Niners have majority of the fans vs Rams. The regular season game I saw that reports of sales were to 60% Niners fans and for this game it was 65% Niners. We will see later today but I don’t think Niners have any fear at all of the Rams. The passing offense should also theoretically be better in that they aren’t in the freezing cold, plus the team as a whole as an extra day on them. Rams have to also be worried about almost allowing Tampa to beat them, and have had trouble closing out games the last part of the regular season. I think between the two this will be the closer of the two games. For Stafford’s case I hope he avoids what has plagued his career of folding under pressure.
Yes it seems, like the last game, the 49ers fans will probably outnumber Rams fans. Plenty of Niners fans in LA.

IMO, LAR struggle to close out games because of their defensive scheme. Its great for three quarters but they don't have the depth to rest the key guys so in the 4th quarter the scheme no longer works. Bringing Miller in helped, but they need at least one more solid LB, and a 350 in the middle to use in the middle of the game.

Reactions: Alpe d'Huez
Wouldn't surprise me if the Rams-Niners game has even fans. LA is a good sports town, but it's also very hodgepodge, people from everywhere.

Like I said, on paper, the Rams have the players, tools, experience, QB, home field, to beat the 49ers. This logic, plus the 49ers record, Garappolo's own habit of mistakes, and the Rams should win by a score of about 27-17. But looking at the last 11 weeks of the season, here's something telling about the Niners:

During that stretch, the 49ers are 9-2, including two wins over the Rams. The only games they lost were Seattle 30-23, and Tennessee 20-17. The rest of the schedule was a mixed bag and they didn't blow anyone out, but they did beat the Bengals in that run. I didn't do an average, but their defense is only giving up about 20 points a game. In recent games their D has really stiffened up, giving up a total of just four TD's in the last 10 quarters, against the likes of the Rams, Cowboys, and Packers, all on the road.

This game, especially if the 49er defense is on, the game is close, or they start making any mistakes, could really get into the Rams heads. As likely as the paper says they should (finally) win, it doesn't take much imagination seeing the Niners playing a solid game and walking away with a victory, regardless of how many mistakes the Rams make, and it's their habit to make them.

Also, as JM Dirt says, as the game goes on, the 49ers seem to get stronger, the Rams, with their lack of depth, and big money on older players, gets weaker.

Another interesting thought is that I think the 49ers could win the Super Bowl. I don't see the Rams beating either the Bengals, or especially the Chiefs.

Wow! Didn't expect that. But credit to the Bengals. I mean, I'm just really surprised how much KC collapsed as the game went on. It was like the opposite of last week. They had nothing left, looked desperate, and were barely hanging on, and in the end, they couldn't. Great win for Cincy. They looked so complete in fact, they look like they can beat either NFC team.

Looks like the Raiders are going to hire Josh McDaniels, and Dave Ziegler, both from New England. Josh was too emotional when at Denver, but I have a hunch that won't be an issue here. He must also have been enticed by large cap room in the future. Questions are if Josh is going to call plays on offense, and who his DC is going to be. I think it would be a mistake to not keep Gus Bradly, if at all possible.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
And the Rams win while stopping us from another overtime. They finally finish the 0-6 when it mattered most and were the better team all day. Stafford almost gift wrapped the win to Niners but they didn’t want that interception. We got some new faces in the Super Bowl but I think this is going to be Rams win. Home field aside, their front 4 will eat the Bengals protection alive. I think both teams will score between 20-30 and Rams pull it off. Crazy that we might have two back to back home Super Bowl wins.

Wow! Didn't expect that. But credit to the Bengals. I mean, I'm just really surprised how much KC collapsed as the game went on. It was like the opposite of last week. They had nothing left, looked desperate, and were barely hanging on, and in the end, they couldn't. Great win for Cincy. They looked so complete in fact, they look like they can beat either NFC team.

Looks like the Raiders are going to hire Josh McDaniels, and Dave Ziegler, both from New England. Josh was too emotional when at Denver, but I have a hunch that won't be an issue here. He must also have been enticed by large cap room in the future. Questions are if Josh is going to call plays on offense, and who his DC is going to be. I think it would be a mistake to not keep Gus Bradly, if at all possible.
We'll have to wait and see if JMcD actually goes through with it, but IMO, not a good fit.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
And the Rams win while stopping us from another overtime. They finally finish the 0-6 when it mattered most and were the better team all day. Stafford almost gift wrapped the win to Niners but they didn’t want that interception. We got some new faces in the Super Bowl but I think this is going to be Rams win. Home field aside, their front 4 will eat the Bengals protection alive. I think both teams will score between 20-30 and Rams pull it off. Crazy that we might have two back to back home Super Bowl wins.
At 17-7 the Niners seemed to have the momentum but critical mistakes especially the dropped intercept then the penalty against Ward let the Rams back into it. Once again it all falls apart for the Niners in the final quarter which is where they usually lose their games and the final few drives for them stalled. Not sure how the Bengals can beat the Rams, be surprised if they did. Rams defense should be the difference.