• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 561 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Little Caesar's hot and ready for $6. Domino's for $8. Neither are as good as Guido's, but Guido's is $22.
You can’t put a price on something tasting very well and the other like cardboard. Quality at expensive price > price at expense of quality.

There was a restaurant I took my gf too in Vegas that was amazing, price was a full nights work as a RN, but it was all worth it.

If there is an underlaying joke I don’t get it. Unless you mean it makes sense since Little Caesars is poor quality and the league handles things poorly. I’d think Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Dominos, Grimaldis, BWW, Wingstop, heck a lot of things over that to get to watch a game.
Nah I mean Caesars used to be Roman Emperors ...........NFL little emperors and their power plays..........

• Haha
Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
You can’t put a price on something tasting very well and the other like cardboard. Quality at expensive price > price at expense of quality.

There was a restaurant I took my gf too in Vegas that was amazing, price was a full nights work as a RN, but it was all worth it.
I appreciate good food, but how many NFL fans will buy a $6 pie over a $20+ one...millions. LC and the NFL are a great match IMO.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Panel Finds Daniel Snyder Interfered With Sexual Harassment Investigation
In a memo, a Congressional panel said it found evidence that the Washington Commanders owner conducted a “shadow investigation” of accusers.

• Daniel Snyder, the owner of the Washington Commanders, declined to appear before the House Committee on Oversight and Reform at Wednesday’s hearing.Credit...Patrick Semansky/Associated Press
By Jenny Vrentas
June 22, 2022Updated 11:06 a.m. ET
As the N.F.L. was investigating his team for widespread workplace misconduct, the Washington Commanders owner Daniel Snyder directed a “shadow investigation” to interfere with and undermine its findings, a Congressional committee found.
At Snyder’s behest, his legal team used private investigators to harass and intimidate witnesses, and created a 100-page dossier targeting victims, witnesses and journalists who had shared “credible public accusations of harassment” against the team.
The House Committee on Oversight and Reform released a 29-page memo on Wednesday that detailed the findings of its eight-month inquiry into how the Commanders and the N.F.L. handled claims of rampant sexual harassment of the team’s female employees. The report came ahead of a hearing where the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, was expected to appear and face questioning. Snyder declined two requests to appear, citing a “longstanding business conflict.”

Representative Carolyn B. Maloney, Democrat of New York, the chairwoman of the committee, wrote that the inquiry uncovered evidence that Snyder sought to discredit those who had made claims against the team and to create “an exculpatory narrative” that Snyder was not to blame for the misconduct, which was alleged to have taken place from 2006 to 2019, almost the entire tenure of his ownership.

To that end, Snyder and his lawyers also gathered thousands of emails from Bruce Allen, who was a Commanders executive from 2009 to 2019, in an effort to blame Allen for the creation of a toxic work environment, and sought to influence the N.F.L. investigation through direct access to the league and Beth Wilkinson, the lawyer who led the league’s report, per the memo.
A representative for Snyder said in a statement that the committee’s investigation was “predetermined from the beginning” and asserted that the team addressed these workplace issues “years ago.”
The N.F.L. was aware of Snyder’s actions, the memo said, “but failed to take meaningful steps to prevent them.” Wilkinson's investigation led the league to impose a $10 million team fine on Snyder and had him step back from the club’s day-to-day operations, but the N.F.L. did not ask Wilkinson to prepare a written report, a decision that has drawn scrutiny both from elected officials and former team employees who participated in the investigation.
Goodell will tell the committee on Wednesday that the league had “compelling reasons” to limit the Wilkinson report to an oral briefing, namely to preserve the confidentiality of its participants. “We have been open and direct about the fact that the workplace culture at the Commanders was not only unprofessional, but toxic for far too long,” Goodell said in prepared testimony.

The committee, which said its intention was both to examine failings by the Commanders and the N.F.L. and to strengthen workplace protections for all employees, will present its findings at Wednesday’s hearing. The N.F.L. started a second investigation into the Commanders earlier this year, in response to a new allegation of sexual harassment that directly implicates Snyder in a February congressional round table. Goodell has said that the findings of that investigation, led by the lawyer Mary Jo White, will be made public.

The committee’s memo also cites additional examples of Snyder’s direct role in creating a workplace that Goodell acknowledged was marked by widespread disrespect and harassment. The team’s former chief operating officer told the committee that Snyder “refused to take action” against a coach who allegedly groped a public relations employee and fired female workers who engaged in consensual relationships with male football operations employees, while the men kept their jobs.

I appreciate good food, but how many NFL fans will buy a $6 pie over a $20+ one...millions. LC and the NFL are a great match IMO.
But it’s great for LCs. They get a ton of promotion now to a wide variety of audience. what stinks for them is at least in Vegas or is not delivery so less people are likely to get it vs those that do deliver. I think that would be a big increase in sales for them, and if they added like wings. Maybe now it’ll go from tasting like cardboard to regular paper.

LCs is on the tier that I wouldn’t eat even if I was hungry, along with Arbys, McDonald’s, and Del Taco

Panel Finds Daniel Snyder Interfered With Sexual Harassment Investigation
In a memo, a Congressional panel said it found evidence that the Washington Commanders owner conducted a “shadow investigation” of accusers.

• Daniel Snyder, the owner of the Washington Commanders, declined to appear before the House Committee on Oversight and Reform at Wednesday’s hearing.Credit...Patrick Semansky/Associated Press
By Jenny Vrentas
June 22, 2022Updated 11:06 a.m. ET
As the N.F.L. was investigating his team for widespread workplace misconduct, the Washington Commanders owner Daniel Snyder directed a “shadow investigation” to interfere with and undermine its findings, a Congressional committee found.
At Snyder’s behest, his legal team used private investigators to harass and intimidate witnesses, and created a 100-page dossier targeting victims, witnesses and journalists who had shared “credible public accusations of harassment” against the team.
The House Committee on Oversight and Reform released a 29-page memo on Wednesday that detailed the findings of its eight-month inquiry into how the Commanders and the N.F.L. handled claims of rampant sexual harassment of the team’s female employees. The report came ahead of a hearing where the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, was expected to appear and face questioning. Snyder declined two requests to appear, citing a “longstanding business conflict.”

Representative Carolyn B. Maloney, Democrat of New York, the chairwoman of the committee, wrote that the inquiry uncovered evidence that Snyder sought to discredit those who had made claims against the team and to create “an exculpatory narrative” that Snyder was not to blame for the misconduct, which was alleged to have taken place from 2006 to 2019, almost the entire tenure of his ownership.

To that end, Snyder and his lawyers also gathered thousands of emails from Bruce Allen, who was a Commanders executive from 2009 to 2019, in an effort to blame Allen for the creation of a toxic work environment, and sought to influence the N.F.L. investigation through direct access to the league and Beth Wilkinson, the lawyer who led the league’s report, per the memo.
A representative for Snyder said in a statement that the committee’s investigation was “predetermined from the beginning” and asserted that the team addressed these workplace issues “years ago.”
The N.F.L. was aware of Snyder’s actions, the memo said, “but failed to take meaningful steps to prevent them.” Wilkinson's investigation led the league to impose a $10 million team fine on Snyder and had him step back from the club’s day-to-day operations, but the N.F.L. did not ask Wilkinson to prepare a written report, a decision that has drawn scrutiny both from elected officials and former team employees who participated in the investigation.
Goodell will tell the committee on Wednesday that the league had “compelling reasons” to limit the Wilkinson report to an oral briefing, namely to preserve the confidentiality of its participants. “We have been open and direct about the fact that the workplace culture at the Commanders was not only unprofessional, but toxic for far too long,” Goodell said in prepared testimony.

The committee, which said its intention was both to examine failings by the Commanders and the N.F.L. and to strengthen workplace protections for all employees, will present its findings at Wednesday’s hearing. The N.F.L. started a second investigation into the Commanders earlier this year, in response to a new allegation of sexual harassment that directly implicates Snyder in a February congressional round table. Goodell has said that the findings of that investigation, led by the lawyer Mary Jo White, will be made public.

The committee’s memo also cites additional examples of Snyder’s direct role in creating a workplace that Goodell acknowledged was marked by widespread disrespect and harassment. The team’s former chief operating officer told the committee that Snyder “refused to take action” against a coach who allegedly groped a public relations employee and fired female workers who engaged in consensual relationships with male football operations employees, while the men kept their jobs.

This last line set up a very expensive settlement. Does Snyder have partners? If so there are likely morals/performance elements in the partnership documents that would force a sale. Usually the major owner assumes they are the buyers of the minor partner's share in that circumstance so they like that provision. In this situation, not so much.

I'll tell you what the Browns fans are saying, "how the hell did we end up with such a messed situation, and a potentially messed up team, again?" Well, look at your owner. A long-time history of meddling in team decisions based on emotional reactions, hunches, etc. I think what compounds this problem is what I said a page or two ago. Haslem hired DePodestra (the Moneyball guy), Andrew Barry, and they wanted Kevin Stefanski a year ago instead of Freddie Kitchens. Now, they get Stefanski: three people on a similar page: Think, plan, don't make rash decisions, be calculating, build in a sustainable manner that works together... only to have an owner who has little patience and can't stand it. As Chris Simms said in that podcast, from what he heard Stefanski didn't want Watson in the first place.

I have to admit, if I were another team who might want a possible starter, I'd either really, really low-ball the Browns for Mayfield, or I'd just wait it out until they have to cut him, drawing up the paperwork now to quickly lure and sign him off waivers. The had a chance to actually get something from Baker, even after his "farewell" post, but they botched it.

A couple years ago Dominos re-vamped their entire pizza line-up, and I think they improved quite a bit. I always thought LC had pretty good pizza for the money. But, having lived in Connecticut for a while, you travel to NYC or New Haven and it's a completely different world. You can go to some of these boroughs in the upper NE and some of the pizza places are generational Italians, including some directly from Italy. Like, Italian is the language spoken in the kitchen.

Even if Daniel Snyder is not soon forced to sell the team, my gut tells me he's about to get buried in an unending avalanche of lawsuits, which will consume his life for a long, long time. Or he should just run for office. o_O

But it’s great for LCs. They get a ton of promotion now to a wide variety of audience. what stinks for them is at least in Vegas or is not delivery so less people are likely to get it vs those that do deliver. I think that would be a big increase in sales for them, and if they added like wings. Maybe now it’ll go from tasting like cardboard to regular paper.

LCs is on the tier that I wouldn’t eat even if I was hungry, along with Arbys, McDonald’s, and Del Taco
I think that thousands more will eat it at least once or twice now.

I would put LC over Arby's, McD's, the King and Queen, and all of the crap taco shacks, but I'm not the best source for that because I haven't eaten at any of them since....thinking...the early '90s (?). I did have a LC hot and ready about 9 years ago. I did a regional dirt race, but forgot my post race food in my driveway. I was cross eyed hungry, and the first thing as you enter the little town near the race was a strip mall with an LC. That junkie $5 pie was amazing at that point! :)

To RE: Alpe, Dom's new pies are not bad. I was just recently visiting my mom, and she has Dom a few times per month (its at the corner where she turns to go home after picking up her groceries). They have a couple of different OK crusts and the sauce is good. It doesn't compare to Guido's (guy from Chicago started it here in Boise), but I would eat it again.

Last edited:
I think that thousands more will eat it at least once or twice now.

I would put LC over Arby's, McD's, the King and Queen, and all of the crap taco shacks, but I'm not the best source for that because I haven't eaten at any of them since....thinking...the early '90s (?). I did have a LC hot and ready about 9 years ago. I did a regional dirt race, but forgot my post race food in my driveway. I was cross eyed hungry, and the first thing as you enter the little town near the race was a strip mall with an LC. That junkie $5 pie was amazing at that point! :)

To RE: Alpe, Dom's new pies are not bad. I was just recently visiting my mom, and she has Dom a few times per month (its at the corner where she turns to go home after picking up her groceries). They have a couple of different OK crusts and the sauce is good. It doesn't compare to Guido's (guy from Chicago started it here in Boise), but I would eat it again.
Turns out ratings of the worst pizza chains is:
  1. Dominos
  2. Pizza Hut
  3. Papa Johns
  4. Little Caesars with the hype coming from the ready to eat pizza.

On this subject, remember when Subway was on every corner.

Turns out ratings of the worst pizza chains is:
  1. Dominos
  2. Pizza Hut
  3. Papa Johns
  4. Little Caesars with the hype coming from the ready to eat pizza.
On this subject, remember when Subway was on every corner.
Subway was the only chain in town for a long time, but now there are other chains, not to mention all of the local shops. Pizza is a little different game though.

So based on that Dom is the worst?

Loos like Watson will be suspended for the year at a minimum. I found it clever the way the NFL used it's wording, giving themselves the ability to suspend him further, if more information comes out.

In case you weren't sure, this now goes to an independent disciplinary officer (Sue Robinson) who was approved by both the NFL and NFLPA. She'll decide, and most guesses are she's going to agree with the NFL. The NFLPA can appeal, but that goes to Goodell who can rule on it himself, or choose to work with her again, or another arbiter on the appeal.

Reading on some Cleveland news sites, it appears that it was indeed Jimmy (and Dee) Haslem who wanted Watson, fearing Mayfield would never play another down in Cleveland, and Watson would soon be picked up by someone else after his legal case was completed. But both Andew Barry and Kevin Stefanski apparently went along with the decision, which shocks the hell out of me. Back to the cellar for the Browns. If they wanted to roll the dice like this, knowing Brisett isn't going to win many games and Baker was gone, I can tell you I would have signed, and they could have got him cheap, and given up zero draft picks: Colin Kaepernick.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
Tom Brady - QB, and GM (also a coach on the field). :sunglasses:

Another completely ridiculous statistic: Mid-season sometime Brady will likely break 100,000 yards career passing (regular season & playoffs). He has over 84,000 in the reg season alone. Next closest active player? Matt Ryan at 57,000.

Now that it looks like the Watson debacle is in full effect (very likely suspended for the season), there's a lot of talk among fans, pundits in Cleveland about making up with Baker Mayfield. Sheesh, didn't we talk about this some time ago?! But Mayfield shut that down immediately saying both parties had mutually agreed to move on and that was the end of it. If you read his full statement he was quite polite about it this time around.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt
Tom Brady - QB, and GM (also a coach on the field). :sunglasses:

Another completely ridiculous statistic: Mid-season sometime Brady will likely break 100,000 yards career passing (regular season & playoffs). He has over 84,000 in the reg season alone. Next closest active player? Matt Ryan at 57,000.

Now that it looks like the Watson debacle is in full effect (very likely suspended for the season), there's a lot of talk among fans, pundits in Cleveland about making up with Baker Mayfield. Sheesh, didn't we talk about this some time ago?! But Mayfield shut that down immediately saying both parties had mutually agreed to move on and that was the end of it. If you read his full statement he was quite polite about it this time around.
No doubt Baker is ready to move on. The Browns only have themselves to blame for this mess. It seems they can't stop stepping in it. Not surprised that the Texans are also implicated as they are another organization that has taken a dive in recent years and they don't seem to be improving either with their decision making. Washington seems to be terminally ill with the current owner and the Raiders have had a lot of turmoil as well. Hopefully the Chargers can resolve their ownership issues as they now have a competitive team which they don't want to waste.

They won't be running plays....
Yeah...they'll be running play
They won't be running plays....
Yeah...they'll be running plays. I went to one of the practices the last time the Broncos had a joint practice with the 49ers in 2019. The coaches will run a lot of full contact situational plays with the first team units. For example, they had the Broncos starting O goes against the 49ers starting D in the red zone & vice versa. These things can get intense with fights & skirmishes breaking out everywhere. They even have refs there who are getting in some practice time.

What did you think - the players just do drills together having a jolly good time & not scrimmaging? Lol

Reactions: Alpe d'Huez
Yeah...they'll be running play

Yeah...they'll be running plays. I went to one of the practices the last time the Broncos had a joint practice with the 49ers in 2019. The coaches will run a lot of full contact situational plays with the first team units. For example, they had the Broncos starting O goes against the 49ers starting D in the red zone & vice versa. These things can get intense with fights & skirmishes breaking out everywhere. They even have refs there who are getting in some practice time.

What did you think - the players just do drills together having a jolly good time & not scrimmaging? Lol
No...I meant they won't feature Russell Wilson running at the crazed 3 stringers trying to make it to the next roster cut. My guess is he's not getting much serious contact at practice. It'd be beyond stupid.

Reactions: jmdirt

TRENDING THREADS